Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 30 »
Re: Mplayer Altivec test version for G4 and PA6T-1682M
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
For the record I have fixed the center window problem for p96_pip and made the code general by moving it to cgx_common.c

Thank you

Quote:
Some of your enchantment request should maybe be added to bug tracker, I think my focus has to be on the real bugs.

Yep, however all of them are problems, smaller of bigger aren't too mutch different as we presume to have all of them fixed (soon or later)

Would be logic to reimplement atleast all the old features from the afxgroup (minimum) rathen then continue our spare test with 1000 different versions, that's why i start from the small different things first

Aniway from now on i will report all the issues (bug or request) in the official bugtracker, it will be better for you ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Yep, however all of them are problems, smaller of bigger aren't too much different as we presume to have all of them fixed (soon or later)

Core mplayer (codecs) crashes is low priority as this will maybe be fixed whit Mplayer core upgrade.

DSI/ISI Crashes in Amiga components AREXX/Video output/Audio output is high priority, that also includes all options that video output driver supports.

DSI/ISI Crashes in start-up or shutdown code is also high priority.

Nice to have should be medium priority.

Things that act strange, depending how easy it is to reproduce the issue fixed or not, medium to low priority.

DSI is high priority because it can result in system instability, ISI can be a sign of bad function pointer or memory corruption, so there for its also high priority.

Quote:
Would be logic to re-implement at least all the old features from the afxgroup (minimum) rather then continue our spare test with 1000 different versions, that's why i start from the small different things first

Well I like to make shore every thing works before moving on, it just makes it easier to know what failed, and I also think its easy to focus.

Quote:
Anyway from now on i will report all the issues (bug or request) in the official bugtracker, it will be better for you ..

Thank you, its easier to work when I have a TODO list instead of trying to remember what page in comments where posted in this forum.

Well the bug tracker can't handle it, but if I make the bug rapport my e-mail address in the bug tracker, so the person who reported the issue does not get a e-mail when its fixed, or when the developer (mostly me it seams) make a comment.

The only thing I hate about code.google.com is that I can't edit my comments, anyway all the bug trackers I have tried does not support that, well its free so I cant complain really.

Anyway there is a RSS feed at code.google.com.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

By the way the PUBSCREEN issue is also now fixed.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Sorry for saying something probably already known, however I installed liveforit mplayer with the reaction gui (all default settings) and if I switch from full screen to window mode, because I have the transparent windows, the movie windows would remain semi transparent. By clicking on it, it become not transparent, but after few seconds the focus goes automatically to the gui window and obviously the movie window return semi transparent.

This is quite annoying. I don't know if it is a problem of player or the gui.

thanks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Core mplayer (codecs) crashes is low priority as this will maybe be fixed whit Mplayer core upgrade.

Yes you right, if you are interested i've found an updated SVN mirror here:

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-mirror/source/list

You might try to merge with your code now rathen then still waiting forever for Varthall, even because he seems in sleep mode again..

Quote:
DSI is high priority because it can result in system instability, ISI can be a sign of bad function pointer or memory corruption, so there for its also high priority.

Of course, luckly stability seems relative good already .. for what i know still a crash with the SDL driver (at exit) but this one was already know, i'll report it aniway:

https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/issues/detail?id=29

Quote:
Well I like to make shore every thing works before moving on, it just makes it easier to know what failed, and I also think its easy to focus.

Problem is that for certain (already reported) issue we need a reimplementation of all the old features first, for example: the "mute" option doesn't work when selected from menu (in afxgroup version), but right now you didn't reimplement any menu in your current fork, so the "mute" option can't be tested because your version doesn't have any menu ..

That's why i suggest you to re-implement ALL the feature first (from the original afxgroup) with an HIGH priority for all the future test

Quote:
Thank you, its easier to work when I have a TODO list instead of trying to remember what page in comments where posted in this forum.

Well the bug tracker can't handle it, but if I make the bug rapport my e-mail address in the bug tracker, so the person who reported the issue does not get a e-mail when its fixed, or when the developer (mostly me it seams) make a comment.

The only thing I hate about code.google.com is that I can't edit my comments, anyway all the bug trackers I have tried does not support that, well its free so I cant complain really.

Anyway there is a RSS feed at code.google.com.

Yes that's true .. however i'm still following the SVN pratically everyday so i can track easily if a problem is fixed or not .. i think there will be no problem for any eventual betatester

Quote:
By the way the PUBSCREEN issue is also now fixed.

Do you mean the buggy "white stripes" reintroduced in p96_pip since the latest 4.2 release ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Do you mean the buggy "white stripes" reintroduced in p96_pip since the latest 4.2 release ?

no this one.

https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amig ... can=1&sort=status%20owner

Quote:

No I have not worked on that one as I mostly do development on X1000, its a bit hazel to work p96_pip as I need to copy files to AmigaONE-XE, to check what it looks like etc.

Anyway I need to check if the center screen fix works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KeikvnKwf8#t=36

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/20 13:51:32
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
No I have not worked on that one as I mostly do development on X1000, its a bit hazel to work p96_pip as I need to copy files to AmigaONE-XE, to check what it looks like etc.

Probably it's caused by your latest modifications of the the aspect ratio, since 4.2 (with p96_pip) i have that strange stripes in fullscreen, while with cgx_wpa now the window will be autoresized for no apparent reason

cgx_wpa window will look like this:

http://s3.postimg.org/z613odclf/cgx_wpa.png

As you know cgx_wpa doesn't have any internal resize gadget, so when this happen you can't "fix" it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Yes, window resize feature seams to do that, the problem is not that it try's to resize it, the problem is that it does it incorrect, anyway I think I have fixed that one.

changed some calculation from LONG to ULONG, I hope that solves it, I have not seen the issue after I changed it anyway.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin

Quote:
I get anywhere between half and 4 seconds of a very bright washed out image that turns to a pure white display unless it's a still image (youtube style) then it only gets brighter if the image changes for a slideshow type file.
Should be fixed in this version http://www.sendspace.com/file/93ka2m

Edited by joerg on 2014/5/20 16:55:57
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
the problem is that it does it incorrect, anyway I think I have fixed that one.

Ok thanks

Quote:
changed some calculation from LONG to ULONG, I hope that solves it, I have not seen the issue after I changed it anyway.

No problem eventually we will test it once released ..

@joerg

Still the faster one, no doubt
Just i discover that when a video is in playing the screenblanker isn't disabled as it should ..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Still the faster one, no doubt
On gfx cards with overlay support, but I need to know if it works correctly on RadeonHD cards now.

Quote:
Just i discover that when a video is in playing the screenblanker isn't disabled as it should ..
It doesn't have any screenblanker support.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
without cache support nonetheless

I have now enabled cache support for next version.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ilbarbax

I guess its like that because you made inactive windows transparent in workbench GUI prefs, mplayer can't take make it self active window, because other programs might need to be active window, anyway I think there is window tag I can set to turn transparency off on the mplayer window.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/20 21:58:58
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

I tried a couple of videos .vob and .xvid with your port on my sam460 with radeonHD 4670 and it seems to work, i don't know if the aspect ratio is correct because i compared it with dvplayer and liveforit port and they show the aspect different

Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ilbarbax

Do you have the gui option to open control panel set? If you do, it defaults to allowing the control panel to take the focus off the video window. This results in transparent video window, which as you say is annoying. This behaviour can be turned off from an mplayer gui setting. Sorry not home right now to direct you exactly, but it is not hard to find.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

With the beta 11, I have been able to watch youtube clips at 360p (MP4) using SMTube and the M9 on a Sam440EP.

Previously I had to select 360p (FLV), which is gives a smaller size clip and poorer picture quality, if I wanted to see the clips in sync.

Well done, you have made at least one user a very happy man.

Cheers

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sofistisoftware
Quote:
I tried a couple of videos .vob and .xvid with your port on my sam460 with radeonHD 4670 and it seems to work,
Some benchmarks compared to LiveForIt's -vo comp would be nice now that it's working on RadeonHD cards.
It's probably much slower on a X-1000 (if someone want's to compare them on a X-1000 please use the non-altivec version of the LiveForIt MPlayer), but on a Sam460ex my video output may be faster, and it should be possible to make it even faster by adding support for onchipmem.resource, but that only makes sense if the current version is already faster than -vo comp on a Sam460ex with RadeonHD gfx card.

Quote:
i don't know if the aspect ratio is correct because i compared it with dvplayer and liveforit port and they show the aspect different
No idea about DvPlayer, LiveForIt's MPlayer doesn't have monitor aspect support, but what I'm doing may be wrong as well.

@TiredOfLife
Quote:
With the beta 11, I have been able to watch youtube clips at 360p (MP4) using SMTube and the M9 on a Sam440EP.
Are you downloading the videos with SMTube, or are you using streaming?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
No idea about DvPlayer, LiveForIt's MPlayer doesn't have monitor aspect support, but what I'm doing may be wrong as well.

Aspect ratio in liveforit mplayer, is base its calculation on the screen mode selected, if the user has selected a screen mode whit a 4:3 aspect ratio it assumes the monitor is 4:3, if the user has selected a screen mode that is 16:9 then, the program thinks you have 16:9 monitor.

In full screen it can go wrong as try's to find screen mode that fits the video aspect width and height, whit out knowing what the monitor aspect ratio is, I don't really like the code it looks inefficient and over complicated, and it does not have idea what monitor the user wants to open the screen on.

I assume most screen modes are correct as the monitor provides this modes trow DDC, so in most cases the aspect ratio should be correct.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/21 7:39:51
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/21 7:40:21
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

About benchmarking, or using the new version in upload queue on OS4Depot.net

When using mplayer on Sam440/AmigaONE-XE/AmigaONE-SE with old Radeon 9250 card. (I assume on-board graphics on Sam460 also its better whit RGB then ARGB.)

Type:

mplayer -vo comp::rgb -benchmark video.avi -ao null -noaudio

Do not type:

mplayer -vo comp -benchmark video.avi -ao null -noaudio
mplayer -benchmark video.avi -ao null -noaudio

As the bitmap format will be wrong, and I guess its going to run slower on this computers with old graphic cards.

cgx_wpa does not yet have support for option rgb, and will use argb by default in my build.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/21 7:48:16
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/21 8:20:21
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/21 11:24:12
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/21 11:25:07
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt
Is cache in V5.1 enabled?

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 30 »