Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
Re: muimplayer new version progress
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Emotion Player V0.4 is working really nice. Looking forward to buy this excellent software

Resized Image

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joeled
And simply gui with only necessary stuff in rokz as well.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled

Looks like an 68k OS1.3 GUI...hopefully this can be changed to use at least AISS icons

,..otoh if it does what it is suppoesed to do...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
A fancy(er) GUI is pretty easy, and could be added later, once they know exactly what functions their GUI needs to provide.

OTOH, decoding & playing various video & audio codecs in sync, with high frame rate, is very hard. And no doubt they will keep adding features as they progress (say perhaps subtitles or DVD-specific features?), which will keep adding to the features their GUI needs to support. So no point in doing a fancy GUI until their features settle down. (Which might well be after v1.0 .)

Note: I have no inside knowledge. Just making (IMHO reasonable) speculation.

P.S. I like clean 'simple' GUIs, that don't obscure functionality by trying to look 'pretty'. So I hope we have an option to keep things simple. And I want the video taking-up maximum space on the screen, rather than shrinking the video just so I can have large 'pretty' buttons.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:

(say perhaps subtitles or DVD-specific features?)

As i read on their development blog, they already start to work on subtitles since 12 dec http://entwickler-x.de/emotion-wip

Quote:

P.S. I like clean 'simple' GUIs, that don't obscure functionality by trying to look 'pretty'. So I hope we have an option to keep things simple. And I want the video taking-up maximum space on the screen, rather than shrinking the video just so I can have large 'pretty' buttons.

As i read on os4welt.de, they want to concetrate on the main fucntions (and make them perfect), intead of making "full blown feature rich but buggy" player. I mean, it probably will stay simple and provide only necessary functionality.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Guys, better if we can use this thread only for MPlayer .. to talk about Emotion we can open somethings new

@kas1e
Perhaps in mentime you can atleast release the current internal version you have .. beta 9 fixed already an important things like the white stripes and in general works ok ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
I do not remember to be honest why i didn't release it already. Maybe there was some other new bugs ? Like non working altivec version or something ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Don't know as i haven't any Altivec machine to test .. but you can verify you old progress by reading this very same thread from beginning

P.S.
Don't know if there are more but yes still some little bugs reported by me but probably none of them could prevent a release

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=89019#forumpost89019

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Emotion is basically a commercial version of mplayer, just trimmed down, and given a new GUI, same basic libraries are use in this player.

avdevice
avfilter
avformat
avcodec
avutil
swscale
swresample

I can see they made the .a file into .libraries files, that's a bit of work, I only hope if they make changes that this changes are made available in the spirit of GPL.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Sorry but Emotion nothing to do with mplayer! It is based on ffmpeg like other (also commercial software on other platforms) but hast nothing to do with a mplayer and is not a port of it or uses any source code! We want to do Amiga Software and not ports but we can not do it without using the reliable and maintained technologies from out of the Amiga world like ffmpeg. Emotion interprets our imagination of AmigaOS Software in look and feel and uses only the needed subset of technologies from outside of our universe ;)

As you should know, ffmpeg is only the base to decode video, a big tast comes after this (play the video, sync with keyframes, sound, subtitles). ffmpeg offers the pipeline to decode and is a great base for this but the player itself is an own big, big task and please join it not with mplayer and not trimmed down.

And a bit of work is around 6 month in in fulltime hours.

Also porting ffmpeg was a big work to get it work as it is now. Building a library is important for commercial use, splitting into separate ones is good for memory saving and also for use in other applications (open once instead of including own ffmpeg in other softwares (Odyssey).

And yes, there are some changes made. Files bigger than 2gb works, also some Altivec stuff is done. In our lbiraries Altivec is included and no separate library needed (if i remember my coder, it was also hard to do because bugs in ffmpeg).

"a commercial version of mplayer, just trimmed down", makes me cry.
If we had working Amiga like solutions (and not many half working stuff), then we would not have begun with this big task and would make other software!

Regards,
Thomas

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIT

Facepalm. Double facepalm ! If you don't folow development, then better avoid such phrases like "basically a commercial version of mplayer, just trimmed down, and given a new GUI". That smeels bad and feels like shiting proffesional work of others. I mean proffesional work, not hobby work like you do with mplayer driver and split it on one more version which, also, one more thing why we need something new and normal like emotion.

_OF COURSE_ they use public decode libraries. Who in clear mind will make one from scratch, which will do basically the same ? Every commercical software uses ffmpeg and all that av_decode stuff with adopting it to their needs.

Probably after you make compositing driver for mplayer you think every video player its "just comple free library and write a driver" ? (one more facepalm). Or you think that its ok that some ppls will grab mplayer , strip it down, and "making big big money on sold it for 20 amiga users" ?:))

And .. and one more facepalm again ! :) "Emotion is basically a commercial version of mplayer, just trimmed down" Blah .. its like saying amigaos, it just trimmed version of windows. BASICALLY TRIMMED DOWN ! Omg ! Just take it and trimm and violla ! :))

And remember: a commercial version of mplayer, just trimmed down. Only amiga !

Edited by kas1e on 2016/12/25 13:14:15
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@imagodespira

I'd just like to tell you that I love your video-player,to me it's already pretty much all I could ask from a videoplayer. Not really, you can build on it without a doubt but it's a great, great start :) . It works really well and I like everything about it. You know what you expect from a good movieplayer and you make it happen, it shows. It's rare these days so a huge thank you for doing what you're doing.

I love DVPlayer as well I'd like to add, it's really well done as well. It doesn't mean that there isn't room for another movieplayer. People have different taste when it comes to software, personaly I love both and your program was like a breath of fresh air, I was and am really impressed by how well it's working!

MPlayer on the other hand... it always got issues it seems. It's great to have but it doesn't work well enough to me and also, a program made specifically for AOS with the right thoughts, heart and soul, will always be appreciated.

Thank you!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@hotrod
Quote:

MPlayer on the other hand... it always got issues it seems. It's great to have but it doesn't work well enough to me and also, a program made specifically for AOS with the right thoughts, heart and soul, will always be appreciated.

Exactly the point ! Mplayer _always_ have little quirks and things to be fixed. It almost ok, but everytime there is something which not good enough. It was maybe ok when there wasn't anything, and DVPlayer didn't play all the stuff, but its just much better to have one single player today, done fully from scratch (except decoding libraries, of course), which:

1). just works without needs to dig in into settngs much
2). simple, so no need to learn
3). up2date in terms of codecs, decode libraries and co.
4). not freeware/opensourced (as it shows, all opensourced stuff almost always in unfinshed or dropped state).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@liveforit : I've sent you some PM :)

Amigalement,
Jean-Francois Bachelet, Amiga nuts since 1985
-----------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Happy Computing : AMIGA! (C)2K4-2K99 voxel
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@voxel

Well Its open source, people are supposed to pick up source code, make changes to it commit changes, so when you don't won't to work on anymore someone else can. Or if people won't calibrate on it, then they can. I was payed to make some changes to it, it did not sign of life contract with the Amiga community always update it.

"LiveForIt" part is just saying it's my build of MPlayer, I don't own mplayer, to be clear about that.

I'm only committed to GPL the license, that that software was distributed under.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Well this are people who work on FFMEG, FFMPEG is are people who power MPLayer and Emotion, and of couse FFMPEG is always unfinshed or dropped state as you put it.

Carl Eugen, Hoyos, Timothy Gu, Rodger Combs, Andreas Cadhalpun, klauss, Aman Gupta, Moritz Barsnick, Reimar Döffinger, Lou, no, Ganesh Ajjanagadde

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

3). up2date in terms of codecs, decode libraries and co.

Where does it say Emotion is granted to have the latest, codes?

What is the latest codes anyway, is codes that are alpha or beta, or do you talk about 5 years old versions known to work.

This are current bugs on FFMPEG.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/query?status=n ... e&order=priority&report=1

There is 1425 unclosed bugs right now in FFMPEG.

The problem we had was that later version of FFMPEG produced this green color if all altivec optimization routines was on, if that bug is fixed in FFMEG, I like that bug to be commit back to Repo, is that so hard to understand?

This is way I say I hope GPL is respected. GPL is the only thing we have that ensures that development continues, that work that was done by one person is not lost, and has to be done again.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2016/12/27 11:29:09
Edited by LiveForIt on 2016/12/27 11:37:58
Edited by LiveForIt on 2016/12/27 11:38:50
Edited by LiveForIt on 2016/12/27 11:45:30
Edited by LiveForIt on 2016/12/27 12:31:45
Edited by LiveForIt on 2016/12/28 20:03:03
Edited by LiveForIt on 2016/12/28 20:05:22
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira

Thanks for clearing that up, sorry if sound bit hash, not really intended. What I meant was mplayer is really feature rich.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt
no problem, i was happy to have your mplayer for the last years and it is not bad to have alternatives ;)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)