Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 49

Valiant, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Audacity
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all,
I was wondering if it's possible to port Audacity on AmigaOS4.
Why ? : because there are many many effects (wonderful effects we can apply on diffrents samples and exporting samples format is easy to do too). Unfortunately, on all softwares on AOs4, that's not so advanced... some years ago, there was Aura with a sampler witch had many effects but it doesn't work on os4..
Audacity is very very good and easy to use ! But the porting it is perhaps too mutch difficult ?? : http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Thanks

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
HD R9 TRIX 280X 3GO GDDR5
Go to top
Re: Audacity
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@pseudaxos
Yes it is over Amicygnix possible

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@pseudaxos
god forbid that you have the Audacity to ask a question about the program on the sourceforge site if you are not using """Windows""" . ;)

A1200 060/ppc Grex/Voodoo
OS 3.9

A1 G4/1Ghz born again thanks to Acube Systems.
OS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Audacity is a waste of space, if you want an impossible to port app then choose Ardour instead.

As it is we have HD-Rec and AudioEvolution and SoundFX and a port of sox (commandline app).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

waste of space waste of space..... We now have big space on our hard drives in 2014 ..
Those other softwares..... audacity is mutch more powerful to apply effects....

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@pseudaxos

Unless Audacity has been significantly improved since I last used it, then no. Also bear in mind most of the cool effects you'll get when using under windows are VST and thus closed source / proprietry software and you won't get them under AmigaOS.

The last time I tried Audacity it couldn't even apply an effect realtime, didn't do non dustructive editing etc. all of which AE4 can do as well as HD-Rec. AE4 also does automation. HD-Rec does midid (if I could merge the feature set of those too then I'd be a happy bunny!).

Ardour on the other hand is simply on another planet (unfortunatly just as hard to port).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:
As it is we have HD-Rec and AudioEvolution and SoundFX and a port of sox (commandline app).

Sadly, SoundFX is now somewhat long in the tooth Too bad Stefan never got round to adapting the code for GCC (the code is very SAS-dependent, is really huge and contains assembler parts) - there would be a fair chance for a native OS4 port and general improvement. Also pity is that he lost motivation before implementing realtime effect processing. Last time we communicated (some 13 years ago) he claimed to have made the program ready for audio data streaming internally, but that never materialized in a usable form.

As for SoX, the OS4 port is now five years old; we could surely do with an update if someone could get the thing compiled.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'll look into building the latest SoX. Give me a few days. Are there things that SoX can do that ffmpeg can't?

Edit: I noticed if you rename it to "play" it becomes a player. I'm undecided if I should link it against ffmpeg/sndfile, because it handles almost all audio files as it is.

Edited by MickJT on 2014/3/2 14:19:12
Edited by MickJT on 2014/3/2 14:24:49
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Audacity is a must. Everyone has heard of it which says it all.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Never used audiacity but i see it uses these plugins. Support for LADSPA, Nyquist, VST and Audio Unit effect plug-ins. At least VST you can forget on amiga.

Anyway what you can use/try today is hd-rec, its all in one sequencer/editor. A minus is no work on it for a longer time. (opensource)
http://hd-rec.de

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tommysammy
Ok, how can I do that please ? It's downloadable ?

@kicko
I'll try, thanks..

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@pseudaxos
There is no Amiga port of it. You can do it yourself or i ask Edgar Schwan

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tommysammy
I can't port nothing.. I understand nothing about port or programming .. Thanks for your help.

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
Are there things that SoX can do that ffmpeg can't?

SoX can keep a fairly low footprint

I've sent you a PM here on Amigans, please have a look.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top

Register To Post