Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 67

VooDoo, Marcian, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 57 58 59 (60) 61 62 63 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
Odyssey 1.23 r5_beta06 - AmigaOS4
-- MediaPlayer: rewritten media player's AHI part to use AHI device API, instead of AHI library API: No exclusive locks of audio hardware from Odyssey anymore with any AHI settings! (c) Capehill

Nice work Capehill!
I am now able to use the hdaudio:HiFi 32 bit Stereo++ setting in sound preferences with the X1000's onboad sound chip. Tested playing three streaming radio stations in seperate tabs while playing a local mp3 file with AmigaAMP 3. All worked great!

Thanks once again to all for the hard work your putting into making Odyssey better!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:Thanks!

I'll note the URL for the bugtracker for next time .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
Odyssey 1.23 r5_beta06 - AmigaOS4[
-- MediaPlayer: fixed another bug found by ktadd when compositing being disabled in prefs:gui, while compositing still available: the content of composited video overlap other window's content (c) Hans De Ruiter

Verified this one is fixed as well. Played videos full screen in three seperate windows with composing off and composting on. Move windows all round as fast as I could and all worked well. Nice work once again!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Beta6 running well on X1000. Many thanks.
Youtube 720p videos look good. Occasionally Youtube says fullscreen not available, however clicking on the icon seems to work anyway.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

As usual sometimes the player crash badly with ISI, got this one while tried an audio streams that start automatically

I googled everywhere for that: "_ZN7WebCore18MediaPlayerPrivate10playerLoopEv()" line and noted that many users now and in the past had always the same kind of crash with the internal player

Quote:
Symbol info:
Instruction pointer 0x6C699A6C belongs to module "GrimReaper" (HUNK/Kickstart)

Stack trace:
module SYS:System/GrimReaper at 0x6C699A6C (section 5 @ 0x7A48)
Odyssey:av_log()+0xa0 (section 1 @ 0x1D0B87C)
Odyssey:avformat_open_input()+0x4a8 (section 1 @ 0x1CF5F9C)
Odyssey:ac_open()+0xa4 (section 1 @ 0x18F2EC)
Odyssey:_ZN7WebCore18MediaPlayerPrivate10playerLoopEv()+0x290 (section 1 @ 0x189580)
Odyssey:_ZN7WebCore18MediaPlayerPrivate15playerLoopStartEPv()+0x2c (section 1 @ 0x189F20)
Odyssey:_ZN3WTFL16threadEntryPointEPv()+0x128 (section 1 @ 0x19A347C)
native kernel module dos.library.kmod+0x000255c8
native kernel module kernel+0x0003e7b4
native kernel module kernel+0x0003e7fc

Radio: https://ascoltareradio.com/rai-1/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo

Are you sure its "usuall" crash ? Did you have the same kind of crash with beta05 and all previous ones ? I mean with the same "PlayerLoop" in the stack trace.

I got this one few times when add Capehill's AHI rewrite (you can read about few post in mediaplayer thread, with the same kind of stack trace). But after reboot can't reproduce it. Can't say if it something new or was there before. Test if you wish previous betas, to be sure it was there before and you have crashes with the same stack trace.

Quote:

I googled everywhere for that: "_ZN7WebCore18MediaPlayerPrivate10playerLoopEv()" line and noted that many users now and in the past had always the same kind of crash with the internal player

You mean in WebKit in whole on all platforms ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I'm unable to understand exactly the meaning of that logs, so i'm not 100% sure if it's really the same kind of, but can say that atleast these 2 or 3 "crashing lines" are always present when crashing with ISI .. atleast since you introduced the video support in owb, so since the first 1.23 release probably

Atleast for the ISI kind of crash, we have these:

Quote:
_ZN7WebCore18MediaPlayerPrivate10playerLoopEv()+0x390 (section 1 @ 0x1875C4)
_ZN7WebCore18MediaPlayerPrivate15playerLoopStartEPv()+0x2c (section 1 @ 0x187FD4)
_ZN3WTFL16threadEntryPointEPv()+0x130 (section 1 @ 0x17CE26C)

For example this is a crashlog from 2014:
http://crashlog.os4depot.net/index.ph ... ction=view&crashlogid=385

Quote:
You mean in WebKit in whole on all platforms ?

No not webkit, but only owb 1.23 for OS4
I simply searched for:

"_ZN7WebCore18MediaPlayerPrivate10playerLoopEv()" and found 3 full pages with os4 users always reporting the same lines in their player crashes

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Everyone who had crashes in cairo_clip_intersect_rectangle_box() as the last function in stacktrace (visually it first one at top of stack trace) plz check that binary at top of beta06 installation:

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/a/Odyssey_cairo_fix.zip

I remember that Raziel had this kind of crashes when visit Scummvm.org, and also Javier when visiting morphzone.org , and also BillBorsari when ajust settings on youtube settings. So give it a go plz, if bug is gone, i can update then cairo library in odyssey's repo.

There i just add 2 fixes from Cairo devs after they release version we use now and which fix all those issues for me. But need to be sure, so give it a go. Thanks

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I'm at work, can't test before next monday/Tuesday...sorry

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks.
So far it is working for me.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks, I'll give it an enhanced test since I have this crash on a regular basis.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Tested with http://morph.zone site and with previous beta06 I get a GR, but with this update/fix no more GR

YESSsssssss!!!

EDIT1: http://scummvm.org no GR too

Edited by jabirulo on 2020/4/23 16:36:41
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L
When that happen ? Anyway looks like something bad. Reboot, clean beta06 and stuff need it :)

From craslog looks a lot of mui involved, but if it cant be reproduced we can only guess :(

I also not sure if that will fix your cairo issue, as crashlog you post before looks different.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

https://github.com/kas1e/Odyssey/blob/ ... pi/MorphOS/utils.cpp#L133 Can you see which line it crashed?

I guess either "point" is NULL, or GSI() returns a NULL ptr. "s" is allocated on stack and is probably OK.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Capehill
If only bug can be reproduced, then i can add gstabs just for single object surely to see line where it crashes, but, i think its the same kind of "random-rare-crasehes-dunno-when-dunno-how"..

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

That was when I tried ro read a video from YouTube ben after reboot, I could read it without any trouble.

Random and very rare crash I presume.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
Everyone who had crashes in cairo_clip_intersect_rectangle_box() as the last function in stacktrace (visually it first one at top of stack trace) plz check that binary at top of beta06 installation:

Confirmed this fixes the cairo crash on my X1000! Another bug squashed. Nice!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
No more crashes on these sites also for me now. Great work ;)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Btw. interesting that while an actual Firefox (that I use) tests better overall, Odyssey wins in some areas, like video, and both browsers have sections with zero points.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 57 58 59 (60) 61 62 63 ... 72 »