Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 60

AmigaPapst, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 53 54 55 (56) 57 58 59 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Excellent work to all inlvolved ! Donations are on their way (tonight or tomorrow ).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Excellent. Trying beta05 now.
Massive improvement over previous releases. Well done and thanks!
When you say Fullscreen, I was expecting the whole screen to be used. What I see is the whole Odyssey window used? This is same on your video. Is whole fullscreen possible?
View - Fullscreen (F11) helps, but tab title and media player status bar still visible, can these be hidden?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ddni

It's like that, as on MorphOS version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni
Quote:

View - Fullscreen (F11) helps, but tab title and media player status bar still visible, can these be hidden?

For real almost real fullscreen - f11, yes.

If you press in that "fullscreen kind" mode middle mouse button, then mediaplayer control will disappear, and only "tabs" at top will be stays. Maybe, it can be idea to hide tabs as well in this case.. If possible of course.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Nice, middle button helps. Having tab titles hidden too would be ideal. Thanks again.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi kas1e,
Thanks for the version just released,
it's even faster, thank you very much.
I would like to ask a question I tried the fullscreen,
but perhaps it is asking too much for those like me who use an emulation and the resolution would be high without having a dedicated graphics card.
I activated to make the "composite" work in the "GUI" preferences and added the "fullscreen" script as recommended by you in Odyssey.

For me the only way to make it work is to use "PatchCompositeTags" to activate the fullscreen

In this case I would probably ask if possible, if the author of Patch Composite Tag can do something about it because the screen remains black even if the sound is heard perfectly.

It is probably a strange request it would be possible to implement it in some way so that the video can be viewed full screen with "PatchCompositeTag"

For the rest, I'm very happy, that's okay, even if it can't be done.

Thanks again.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@white
That you need to write to author of PatchCompositeTag , maybe he can add some fallback for os4's video compositing to the x86's real hardware (like QuarkTex emulation do back in past with warp3d).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Thanks for the reply, and for the advice.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

But the composited mode works only in full screen when you click on the roght icon or works in normal little window too?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sofistisoftware

Only in fullscreen (as on the MorphOS version with overlay).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sofistisoftware
Only in fullscreen : there we can bypass cairo as we need nothing else to render from webcore, but can render only video.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Beta05 working great on my X5000 apart from no sound. The soundcard I've got says Crystal on it and uses the cs4281.audio driver and works for playing music etc just not in Odyssey. Think I'll have to try another card if I can find one.
Thanks kas1e and everybody involved.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@eroom
There somethin wrong with AHI code in odyssey's mediaplayer, that for sure. For example, for my CMI8738 based card, i have sound, all fine, but once i move time slider, i loose sound. But on other cards other ppls didn't have that. So it can be of course driver issue, but still.

Also, you can't use with odyssey's mediplayer ahi code at the same time many audio apps by default, and to made it works , you need to do some special setting in prefs:ahi (choice "music unit", and for that one choice only Unit 0: 16 bit blblabl, but exactly on "music unit" tab).

By all of this i think it worth to wait when someone (is Capehill still have interst in ?:) ) will rewrite that AHI part to be the same as it in all other apps.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e and all involved

Quote:

http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/aos4/ody ... odyssey_1.23r5_beta05.lha

Odyssey 1.23 r5_beta05 - AmigaOS4

-- fixed memory leak in ac_free_video_decoder done by Piru on "acinerella" (FFmpeg wrapper simplifying work with FFmpeg: https://github.com/astoeckel/acinerella/)
-- for time being use back static libavformat.a instead of shared version till proper changes will have a place (that to avoid crashes in ffurl*)
-- debugging: added cross-platform D(bug("...")) define (see Base/debug.h), thus on OS4 always use DebugPrintF() instead of kprintf() and get rid of Clib2's libdebug.a
-- get rid of libaos4deps.a, which contain sttcpy() and DoSuperNew() realisations, those functions now in separate object.
-- updated youtube scripts to the latest ones from Fab's page.
-- get rid of CyberGraphics everywhere in favor of graphics.library (c) Capehill
-- added support of compositing video in fullscreen mode. You can have as many videos in different tabs as you wish in fullscreen, not just one as with overlay (be it P96 or CGX5). Also fixing some bugs in MediaPlayer while adding compositing video (c) Ami603 with help from Hans & Capehill.

Thank you all for your amazing work!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
sorry for this question

What Odyssey uses to play videos
Thanks for a possible answer and perhaps a stupid question from me

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

By all of this i think it worth to wait when someone (is Capehill still have interst in ?:) ) will rewrite that AHI part to be the same as it in all other apps.

Yes, it just needs some free time. Juggling some other projects here.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@eroom

Those folks with Odyssey audio issue: do you have some other audio apps running at the same time?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@white
Quote:

What Odyssey uses to play videos

It uses FFMPEG, which used via acinerella wrapper (to make usage of ffmpeg more easy). And all that is used by MediaPlayer coded to use morphos/amigaos/aros internals (AHI, MUI and stuff).

When MediaPlayer shown in the window together with other HTML element, it mean that whole blitting done by Cairo, and damn Cairo is not hardware accelerated on our part, and used software based image-surface (so all blitting done by CPU). And even if FFMPEG and our CPU decode frames of video faster much, still when we in usuall window mode with all other html elements, blitting done by slow Cairo and that slow things down.

With fullscreen we bypass Cairo blitting, and do blit directly to the mui window, by compositing video techneq (on morphos they use older overlay via CGX5 in the same part).

Maybe it possible to bypass Cairo when blitting video in the window together with other html elements, but that surely harder, and it unknown if it will works at all or will it give any benefits.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Thank you very much, for the explanation

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Maybe it possible to bypass Cairo when blitting video in the window together with other html elements, but that surely harder, and it unknown if it will works at all or will it give any benefits.

In theory, it would be faster. However, you'd have to separate anything that gets rendered over the top of the video from what's underneath, and render it over the top (CSS allows multiple layers). That would be challenging, and may end up being slower.

Hans

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 53 54 55 (56) 57 58 59 ... 72 »