Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 26 27 28 (29) 30 31 32 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e & Samo79

Please don't make wrong assumptions... I test what i release.

0.94 works just fine on MorphOS (and it fixes that layout issue introduced recently by YouTube).

As for the size, it's perfectly normal it's smaller. I got rid of jquery usage, which reduces considerably the script size.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Maybe exactly that link give problems ? I really test on mos new version and on that link which i show can't make it works, while, with 0.93 can (same on os4). Right now play that vid via youtube.js 0.93 on os4 port, but once just tring to remove 0.93 and install 0.94, then fail. Once put 0.93 back, all fine again.

edit: and same on morphos too

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

So for your information, this newer script handles many more youtube videos since i added signature decryption. The problem is probably that OWB 1.23 didn't support "for...of" js construction which is quite recent (1.24 is the current test version, and it supports all this fine).
And by the way, the issue is clearly shown in inspector or in message window.

Anyway, I modified it so that it doesn't require it, so you can download the new 0.95 version. It does as much as youtube_centre, compatibility-wise, but it's way smaller and lighter.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for the Oddessy port. I just wanted to let you know that I've had a fair amount of freezes and also a GR while trying to save prefs. I'm using A4000's (so very low memory situations), but usually I still have enough memory but Odessy freezes enough that it is really not usable unfortunately. If I get the GR again during a preferences save I'll send it to you...with the freezes there is no crash per-say, but the mouse pointer is frozen and I have to reboot. I'll also check on serial to see if anything comes up.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
thanks ! will test tomorrow

@hammerd
yep, seems new bug in our mui : imho it is the same bug which make ibrowse crash , i add that craslog from odyssey to ibrowse crash ticket and will make new one as well

Edited by kas1e on 2014/3/19 19:11:59
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

New port is magnitudes more stable and usefull than old, thanks all involved :)

Some situations here.

Only one crash. I have crashlog, if you want it?

Some system freezes. After some use. Maybe low memory conditions ?

Sometimes network gets dead and sites just dont load. Only shutting down/restart OWB helps. Other networking proggies works normally at time when OWB doesnt.

My system is Peg2 G4 1Ghz, Radeon 9250 128bit. Still even 240p youtube video eats processor 100%. Didnt find any solid answer, is that normal? Others speak 30-35% cpu. 360p wideos seems to play full speed still.

If I mark site address and try to copy it with pull down menu, it doesnt work. All other copying works from web side with pull down menu. With pop-up menus address copying works allso. This was same with 1.16 (?).

Pull down menu paste to address doesnt work either.

Anyway, it works pretty well :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

It was not a critics to you or fab about flash player or html5 or something ... the critics is to adobe and youtube who are doing this stupid things (flash player and bla bla) from ages :-/

Edit: just for say how much is stupid youtube ... On macos X ppc the last version of flash player is 10. Many video on youtube dont work with This version of flash player...a guy just change a part in The code for the version of the player ... The version 10 become 11.55 of the player and all the youtube video now works on the old g4 and g5 in 1080p too

Edited by tlosm on 2014/3/19 22:59:08
Edited by tlosm on 2014/3/19 23:00:01
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
0.95 works fine, and layout also fixed, cool ! Through, as far as i can see , "autoplay" option didn't make vids be auto-played (in preferences of youtube.js i have it set to ON). Or auto-play didn't mean "repeat" ? In youtube-center there some tasty feature like "auto-play", and once vid finish play, its start again and again.

@Mlehto
Quote:

Only one crash. I have crashlog, if you want it?

Yes, and steps how to reproduce it are 100% need it (i.e. what you do, when, how and co).

Quote:

Sometimes network gets dead and sites just dont load. Only shutting down/restart OWB helps. Other networking proggies works normally at time when OWB doesnt.

Dunno, never seen that. Only what i seen that if sometime something didn't loads, i need do reload and all fine (but imho also related to connection). Same on morphos version as well.

Quote:

My system is Peg2 G4 1Ghz, Radeon 9250 128bit. Still even 240p youtube video eats processor 100%. Didnt find any solid answer, is that normal? Others speak 30-35% cpu. 360p wideos seems to play full speed still.

30-35% it is in idle state on youtube. When you play vids, you will have 100% cpu loading, and 360 on my peg2 isn't smooth , so i use 240 all the time

Plus, there is 2 different players. One are inbuild html5 mediplayer, another one is Fab's one : Fab's one are faster , and that one will works on half of vids (if you use latest youtube.js from his page, which is version 0.95 for now). Still not perfectly smooth without overlay of course, but closed to ok.

Quote:

If I mark site address and try to copy it with pull down menu, it doesnt work. All other copying works from web side with pull down menu. With pop-up menus address copying works allso. This was same with 1.16 (?).

Something wrong with your settings, as right now i just run odyssey, go to some youtube clip, then dbl-click on addres to make it be marked and choice "copy" in dropdown menu, and then paste that link to notepad : all works.

Quote:

Pull down menu paste to address doesnt work either.

Seems again something with your setup (maybe badly installed mui, like on top of old one or something). Because right now i open notepad , write there some shit like "aaaaaa", then copy it , go to odyssey's url bar , choice in pulldown menu "paste" and have "aaaaaa" in url string.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

autoplay means that the video is started automatically, not repeated.

If you want repeat option it's available in builtin HTML5 player anyway, just check it in the context menu.

Quote:

30-35% it is in idle state on youtube. When you play vids, you will have 100% cpu loading, and 360 on my peg2 isn't smooth , so i use 240 all the time

Plus, there is 2 different players. One are inbuild html5 mediplayer, another one is Fab's one : Fab's one are faster , and that one will works on half of vids (if you use latest youtube.js from his page, which is version 0.95 for now). Still not perfectly smooth without overlay of course, but closed to ok.

This 35% idle state is only on main page, not the other ones (videos ones).

Just to be clear, the two players are using my player anyway, it's just that HTML5 offers a default player, that can be customized with js/css like Youtube does, and it can make it slower with scaling/js overhead.

Also, i'm not sure what you mean with half the videos work with the builtin HTML5 mode. They all work, when Flash replacement has to be done. It may be more than 50% of the time (there are still many videos not available as HTML5 yet), and if HTML5 cookie is disabled, it would be 100%, even.

And finally, i insist on the importance of the overlay mode : on a pegasos2, with overlay enabled, playing a 360p video doesn't eat more than 35% cpu (maybe slightly more when buffering from network quickly, but that's it).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Quote:

And finally, i insist on the importance of the overlay mode : on a pegasos2, with overlay enabled, playing a 360p video doesn't eat more than 35% cpu (maybe slightly more when buffering from network quickly, but that's it).

Yep sure, just os4 version not have overlayed player support now, so all users will say "you say 35% when video plays, why i have 100%?". But yep, probably need to point out always that it is like this without overlay and in os4 port only.

Btw, thinking about all that overlay and stuff: if overlay mode of player didn't mean "real fullscreen" , but it mean still window in the odyssey, just a bit bigger and overlay playing , don't it make sense to have just overlay play as defaul (i.e. default window, default size of player, as it now on os4 port, just with overlay), but, when fullscreen is pressed, then real fullscreen, without odyssey window at all etc (like on all those x86 browsers).

Or , if it done like this to have ppls without overlay have it all works at least, maybe it should be like default as it now, then button 'overlay-window' (as it not in fullscreen), and button "fullscreen", which , will be fullscreen (with overlay if found, and without if not found). Will that make sense ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Nope, overlay as default doesn't make sense at all, because it uses the whole view space to be displayed, and you really DO want to see the original page + embedded video by default.

Besides, there are also cases where CSS transforms are applied to the video. Since the overlay mode is just about displaying the raw video, it ignores any postprocessing done to the video.

Or again, there can be multiple videos on a given page. It really can't be default, no.

Another way would be to render the video directly to the given target render rect (be it with overlay or not, it doesn't matter actually), bypassing cairo (which is what i do which the Flash player), but again, it's not perfect either, because it would prevent any postprocessing done to the video too (think about things as simple as subtitles or even rescaling for instance).

There's no ideal way to deal with that, except having a faster cairo.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just done some further testing -
MacMini 1.5ghz MorphOS 3.5
Odyssey versions 1.19, 1.20, 1.21 & 1.22 all idle on youtube at 25%
Version 1.23 idles at 3%.

Sam440EP 667mhz 1.16 idles at 3% on youtube mainpage.
1.23 idles at 35%.

Something doesn't add up.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife
Seems pretty strange. As if for me its the same 1:1 on mos / aos4, it mean its the same, but then why 1.23 for you on macmine have 3% and previous 25% , quite strange. Maybe some options disabled/enabled somewhere different.

But by tests, and as fab says, mainpage should eat cpu. My bet its 3% when something didn't works, or didn't connects or in block or something

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I think it might be some javascript or some thing,
under settings it should be possible to disable javascript, to check.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to preview music tracks, thanks to HTML5 (?) audio support:
http://www.remix64.com/track/tonka/wizball-2000/

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yes, i know this thread is pretty old and yes i know that there will be a new version once a few AmigaOS4 updates has been sent out to the public...but i just had to add tot he thread once more

@ChrisH

...yeah, i was shocked actually
I accidently clicked on an audio file/icon and it played it back, awesome

More than that, today i stumbled over a website where you can print recipes.
I normally avoid clicking on a "Print" button on websites (as it never worked with other browsers before) but it did...it worked, it did print it perfect and should for everyone who has a working printer installation.

So...thank you fab and kas1e for one pretty great browser...can't wait for some more functionality added

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I really hope 1.25, even if in beta, will be coming soon :)

I'm kind of a noobie when it comes to AmigaOS. I'm using Linux since 2008 and since Summer of 2013, I got my first Amiga ever: AmigaOne 500. I recently upgraded it with a RadeonHD card. I've really fallen in love with AmigaOS 4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Vistaus

+1

Please, please, please...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes please, I wish 1.25 too !

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
HD R9 TRIX 280X 3GO GDDR5
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Can you please add at least one more Spoofing option for the Browser-User-Agent-String including the text:
AmigaOS 4.1 FE (Update 8); AmigaOne

Or make an option so the Agent-String is custom/editable.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 26 27 28 (29) 30 31 32 ... 72 »