Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: MUI4 for OS4 released !
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@eroom

THe registration key was reinstated with the latest update.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Right then, I'll try and make contact again to register.

Thanks.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Which things do not works correctly ? Plz, throw them there, if it indeed the case, Thore for sure will be them all. I for myself test it pretty much (not everything of course, but what i need for myself), and it was ok everywhere.

Tabs will cease to function - click around a few tabs and very soon, a freeze, and tabs no longer function, (e.g. YAM configuration).
Tab titles alignment issues - the spacing (top, bottom etc) didn't appear to function correctly.
Scrollbar alignment issues.
NListviews - Colours tab/Title - vertical gradient doesn't work.

My testing was short and these are things from memory, as I've reverted to MUI-3.9 to have the proper function of programs such as YAM.

Quote:
You feel free to not use it , but soon or later you will realise how good is it.

Thank you, I will. For the moment MUI-4 for OS4 is not in a useable condition for my OS4 Amiga. Clearly it is not good at the moment if it causes the malfunction of programs?

Quote:
I do not know, in today realms when there is no developers, have something like this its just fat surprise!

I would say it's also a 'fat surprise' to have updates released with basic problems, which can cause a user a LOT of troubles and hassle and could cost them loss of work or files. YAM-2.8 is a case in point. It was released with some serious issues.

I appreciate all efforts that are made by various developers and beta-testers etc, to improve our Amiga experience - of course I do, and I've made plenty of donations to such. However, there seems to have been too many instances recently where updates and stuff has been released too early which have glaring problems, and are obviously not ready for release.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lemen
Quote:

Tabs will cease to function - click around a few tabs and very soon, a freeze, and tabs no longer function, (e.g. YAM configuration).
Tab titles alignment issues - the spacing (top, bottom etc) didn't appear to function correctly.

Those issues with Tabs are known and already reported, and even was known before release : but release was done for Christmass so you all can have something to play with. Of course, it can be not released, and you all will wait another years if you wish. But , you anyway should report all those issues and how to reproduce them. I.e. for example what wrong with spacing and where, and is it still the same with latest mui4 updates too (was few days ago) or not ?

Quote:

Scrollbar alignment issues.

Where and how to reproduce them ?

Quote:

NListviews - Colours tab/Title - vertical gradient doesn't work.

NList classes are crap by itself, yep, but if you found any issues with it, plz report them on NList's SourceForge page, or, they will be never fixed (of course, if they not reporpted already).

Quote:

However, there seems to have been too many instances recently where updates and stuff has been released too early which have glaring problems, and are obviously not ready for release.

You prefer to have nothing at all then ? I mean, what some of you want ? Bug less stuff from begining from small team of hobby workers and testers ?

There is no many ppls it team who can spend all their free time on making absolutly bug-less stuff. If you find any bugs: reported them all normally and they will be fixed. Or, if you will not report them, they will not fixed. Pretty possible that no one will found what you found and report it, so you are free to help.

Maybe write to Steven and ask him to make you betatester, so you can report all the problems directly. Or, just be patient and help with reports.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lemen

I dont have problems with tabs.

They invoked from update, wichcame 15.01 or 16.01. I just made rollback.

Generally, sometimes, when major upgrade arrives and app stop to work, it may be bug of app, not updated platform.

I think that mui4 is essential for future anyway.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
For anybody else who has not registered and is worried about pressing that PayPal button on the Sasg website, I've been in touch with Stefan and he says you can still use it.

I was a bit cautious about using it as the website looks like it hasn't changed in a long time but I've got a key now and all's good again.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@eroom

Afaik you dont need mui registration with OS4 any more.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mlehto

you still (or better again) need it with the latest version.

regards...
michael

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Actually, if it's the same with MUI3.x, you don't "need" to register.

Unregistered MUI version will still work, you can't change most of the preferences though, but it will still work.

I do have a registered copy of MUI but haven't bothered for years to change the settings (especially the skinning features)

It may have changed since then, though

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Tabs are definitely more stable with registered MUI. Multiple clicking on the tab bar would create DSI error when unregistered. I cant make that happen now that I have applied mui.key to S drawer

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I think most users would agree with you regarding regular updates - as long as no major bugs slip through that is. Every piece of software that can potentially DSI is probably not ready for release - but as you say we could wait forever.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
Actually, if it's the same with MUI3.x, you don't "need" to register.

Unregistered MUI version will still work, you can't change most of the preferences though, but it will still work.
This is still the case with MUI 4.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lemen

Just bring that topic up, just because you seems found some bugs in previous mui4 releases: you can now report them all on http://muidev.de.

I just trying hard to reproduce your "scrollbar alignment issues" and can't. Bugs with tabs instead seems all to be fixed in upcoming mui. And for nlist you can report them on nlist SF page there

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Those issues with Tabs are known and already reported, and even was known before release

Sorry, but I struggle to understand. You say above that there was a known bug prior to release. Surely it would be logical to fix any KNOWN bugs before release? Thereby, confusion and time wasted by various users finding bugs and reporting in various different places is avoided.
Quote:
but release was done for Christmass so you all can have something to play with. Of course, it can be not released, and you all will wait another years if you wish.

Oh, I wasn't aware that software updates for Amiga could only be released at Christmas.
Quote:
You prefer to have nothing at all then ?

Of course that's not the case.
Quote:
There is no many ppls it team who can spend all their free time on making absolutly bug-less stuff.

Precisely! Why would any software developer release their software with known bugs and have the subsequent time wasting?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mlehto
Quote:
I think that mui4 is essential for future anyway.

Completely agree with that.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Just bring that topic up, just because you seems found some bugs in previous mui4 releases: you can now report them all on http://muidev.de.

This is VERY GOOD to see

When I can find time I'll make a backup of my AOS4.1u6 install and will try again the latest MUI-4 and do some in-depth testing and make reports of any bugs. Unfortunately, this may be some time away, as I don't have much spare time at present due to moving home.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lemen Quote:
Surely it would be logical to fix any KNOWN bugs before release?

Only if you want it to NEVER be released! Any complex piece of software (free or not) almost always has a list of "known bugs", so the best the developers can do is fix all the "most important bugs" before making a release.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)