Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Keyrah and joystick problem with SAM440ep
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Keyrah is a really nice addition to a PC or to a NG Amiga (like the SAM i'm using it with) and it worths the money BUT all i can also say is that i encountered problems with the joystick use. I have connected an A1200 keyboard to Keyrah and i've been using it with my SAM440 which is running OS 4.16. As a keyboard it's really flawless but even though i even used a brand new competition pro joystick (by Indivision) which i connected to Keyrah through both 9pin ports, i couldn't set the fire button to work under any game. All the directions are working OK but not the fire button. Tested it either with M.A.C.E. or with HunoPPC'S games (1942 etc.) and similar stuff but with no luck so far. Calibration through Amigainput should be an option but i can't seem to find the way to do it like with USB ones. Any suggestions please? I have also opened a ticket on Amigakit but no answer yet. :(

Go to top
Re: Keyrah and joystick problem with SAM440ep
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Slight update: even if Amigakit has proved to be really helpful in the past, this time this wasn't the case! I asked for help, opened a ticket, reopened it because it was closed without a single answer and when i finally got a reply, it was something like: "why don't you refer to the hardware manufacturer since we can't help you?" I suppose that it might be something they don't really know how to solve so i'm making a last try here.

Does anybody know how i can possibly configure Keyrah joystick ports through Amigainput. It isn't detected as a USB device so it can't be calibrated of course. Does anybody have a similar device in order to test it and confirm that either i'm doing something wrong or my Keyrah is defective?

Go to top
Re: Keyrah and joystick problem with SAM440ep
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@portarinos

Stupid question but did you try to change control settings in the game itself ? Those games usually uses Ctrl as fire by default and Keyrah might translate the fire button of a joystick to the space bar.

Btw. I didn't get Keyrah working ever (the computer sees it as HID device but no other sign of life of any kind no matter how to mess with the flat cable of A1200).

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post