Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

where's the 'quote' button with the new site??
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
yes I'm dense but I can't find how to quote a previous post with the new site revision

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Re: where's the 'quote' button with the new site??
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
hmm looks like I'm not the only one then LOL

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts
when you reply you will finde a gadget "plain text" click there and select "Dhtml xcode" and wallaaaa

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
@328gts when you reply you will finde a gadget "plain text" click there and select "Dhtml xcode" and wallaaaa

ah thanks this should be the default IMHO and pity you have to cut & past extra steps instead of just one click option.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm

Quote:

Original by tlosm:

Quote:

Original by 328gts:

yes I'm dense but I can't find how to quote a previous post with the new site revision

when you reply you will finde a gadget "plain text" click there and select "Dhtml xcode" and wallaaaa

Apparently 328gts was happy with your answer, but initially I thought he was asking for a button to carry over the entire text from the posting one wants to reply to and puts it inside the proper html quotation tags.

Yes, you're right - there is a "Quote"-button when you switch the editor to "Dhtml xcode".

But this "Quote"-button just opens a wizzard where you can input the text you like to be quoted.

It does not carry over the entire text from the posting I want to reply to to the editor and enwraps it with html quotation tags.
The way it is I see no alternative to marking the text in the original posting, copying it to the clipboard, then pressing the "Reply"-button below the posting, pasting the text from the clipboard into the editor window and adding the html-quoting-tags manually.

On all other fora where I'm active there's another "Quote"-button below the editor window, which automatically quotes the entire posting - like over at AmigaWorld:

Resized Image

If I - for example - click on the "Reply"-button below the posting
Resized Image

I get an blank editor window:
Resized Image

After clicking on the "Quote"-button below the editor window, the entire posting text is carried over to the editor window:
Resized Image

Adding this functionality would make replying to postings on Amigans.net a lot more easier and comfortable...

Isn't it possible to implement this feature?
Perhaps it's already implemented and just needs to be enabled?

EDIT:
Strange - sometimes the Images are displayed in 'normal size' and sometimes in 'thumbnail size'. If I get the 'thumbnail size' I have to use the "Back"/"Forward"-buttons of the browser to get them displayed in 'normal size'...

What could be the reason?

Edited by Dandy on 2017/5/16 10:40:04
Edited by Dandy on 2017/5/16 10:40:41
Edited by Dandy on 2017/5/16 12:15:16
Edited by Dandy on 2017/5/17 11:16:16
Ciao,
Dandy
-----------------------------------------------------------
If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him.
He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him!
(...
Go to top

Register To Post