Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

mufa, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiUpdate and update.library 53.12
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Today i found four updates in AmiUpdate (three from the system, one third party)

When i checked all to be updated, AmiUpdate downloaded them and presented me with a requester that it needs update.library 53.12+ and ceased installation.
(I have update.library 53.11 installed with the latest AmiUpdate 2.32)

The third party program went fine though.

I thought it might be a mistake on my side and reinstalled AU from it's website...rebooted and restarted AU to find the three system updates again...i let AU install them again and this time it went by nicely...what happened?

I still have update.library in the version 53.11 and i fear that this error will pop up again with the next updates

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Re: AmiUpdate and update.library 53.12
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
You need to rollback the recent CopyStore update, and reapply it. That will fix the problem.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

Done

Thanks a lot Rigo

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Rigo wrote:
You need to rollback the recent CopyStore update, and reapply it. That will fix the problem.

Simon

What if there is nothing like that to rollback? I looked in my system rollbacks list and nothing mentions it. Search in there doesn't find anything either.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Unless you are getting the error wanting update.library 53.12, don't worry. The only thing that required it was the recent CopyStore update. If you installed it by hand, or have disabled rollback, it should be there.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Honestly, I'm not sure how I got the version of CopyStore I had. And yes, it's been prompting for 53.12 update.library every time I do updates and try to apply them. Been manually installing everything it unpacked for a while now because of it.

Over on my thread at AmigaWorld for this same issue, Spectre660 suggested renaming CopyStore then running AmiUpdate. It detected it was missing, and was able to download and install it without issues. I noticed my old file was version 2.6 dated 25 Apr 2011! The one AmiUpdate downloaded is version 2.9 dated 3 Jul 2013.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Yes, that's correct.

Firstly, for future reference, I'm only here these days, so posting elsewhere will not get an official response

Secondly, the recent update for CopyStore was compiled against erronous version information for the update.library, which is why it said it required version 53.12. This was a false error generated purely by bumping the library version in readiness for the next version.

If you need to know about AmiUpdate, come here, as anywhere else will likely lead you up the garden path without a torch.

Simon

----
Go to top

Register To Post