Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Keyboard problem with 68k/Petunia games
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi

I have problem with 68k games.

Problem is that keyboard doesn't work or works partially. At least space works, but none of alphabet buttons.

My machine is Sam 440ep flex, OS is 4.1 with latest updates. It is "fresh" install, so no possible to have older components.

Examble Payback and Shadow of third moon are tested yesterday. With Paybak I can start game, but not make any choises, because only space button works. Shadow of third moon, I can't move because a/z buttons doesn't work, but I can get to prefs, because ESC does work.

Keyboard is from Amigakit, it's Amiga branded

Go to top
Re: Keyboard problem with 68k/Petunia games
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So did you try without Petunia?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
With eUEA? I don't want to :) If you meant something else, sorry my ignorance, but I belve that petunia is only way to run system friendly 68k programs.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
but I belve that petunia is only way to run system friendly 68k programs

Not the only one there is integrated 680x0 interpretated that you can force programs to use, you can force this on, by going in to sys:prefs there is should be compatability prefs program, its basically for some programs that don't wont to play by the roules.

I think you should get joypad working whit it, it should be possessible to setup the lowlevel game port api, in AmigaInput.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
What LFI said. Petunia didn't exist at first for OS4.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Is warpOs emu same than warp3d? I've radeon 9250 it should have best driver/software support?

But what is problem with keyboard? Can I solve that also, seems that problem is every 68k game/apps that doesn't run top of OS

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@utri007 Quote:
With Paybak I can start game, but not make any choises, because only space button works

If you plug a joystick in before starting Payback (and have AmigaInput set-up with lowlevel.library emulation for the joystick) then the keyboard should work. Yeah I know that sounds crazy, but it's true! Seems like some kind of wierd bug in Payback. Also make sure you are using the latest version of Payback, not the version on the CD. Don't use the WOS version, it is unstable & has no sound.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Anonymous
Is warpOs emu same than warp3dI've radeon 9250 it should have best driver/software support?

No, warpOS used to be PPC software layer at Classic + PPC time, and games from that period, even being PPC, dont work out of box
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WarpOS

Quote:
AmigaOS 4 dropped initial scant support for WarpOS, with Hyperion Entertainment preferring to port its WarpOS games to the new OS rather than attempt to implement it. MorphOS is more compatible and can run both WarpOS and PowerUP applications natively using API wrapping, despite the differences in ABI.

I dont have Payback, but seems WOS is not required by it.

However, its recommended that you do the game updates to the last to make them more like to work on OS4.
http://www.apex-designs.net/payback_update_amiga.html

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@utri007

Quote:
Is WarpOs emu same than warp3d?

No its not.

WarpOS is an Operating System that runs in parallel whit AmigaOS3.x if you have a CyberstormPPC or BlizzardPPC. And Warp3D is a 3D graphics library, like Drirect3D or OpenGL.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Vox

Quote:
With Hyperion Entertainment preferring to port its WarpOS games to the new OS rather than attempt to implement it

This only true for two games; Quake II and Decent Freescape, while Heretic II, Shango is 680x0 and WarpOS.

Quote:
MorphOS is more compatible and can run both WarpOS and PowerUP applications natively using API wrapping

WarpOS emu is not rally an emulator is it’s a API wrapper, you call a library it acts as the old library but redirects things to other newer libraries.

Most of problems I have whit WarpOS programs are not related to WarpOS, but to Warp3D or timing, in my option is that what is written in Wiki is colored towards MorphOS.

PowerUp is not supported at all on AmigaOS, because it different "OS" created by Phase5, while WarpOS was created by Hagge & Partner.

You might read about Wine and draw some parallels. There are really not that many programs and games for WarpOS or PowerUP, And few programs that do exist is best to forget about.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Gamepad solved problem partially, now I can move payback start menu with keyboard, but still not possible to use keyboard for playing. Tsottm is also impossible to play because of keyboard, at least A / Z doesn't work. Napalm has also keyboard problems, can't choose map location with numeric buttons.

I would say it is a bug in OS rather than games.

Edited by utri007 on 2013/2/21 9:27:51
Edited by utri007 on 2013/2/21 10:06:18
Go to top

Register To Post