Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
New version of SketchBlock available.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Can't be bothered with a full new item for this one, (just a little too busy). So just a quick thread to let you know I updated SketchBlock to 1.8

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... hics/edit/sketchblock.lha

Quote:

Major Changes In SketchBlock 1.8

Layer Blend Modes

As well as normal blending layers can now be combined with modes such as
"Multiply","Divide" etc. The list of modes supported is currently:

Normal
Multiply
Divide
Add
Subtract
Difference
Hue
Saturation
Color
Value

Paint Tool Blend Modes
All the modes above can be applied with the Paint Tool.

Extended Path Support Incuding Splines
Paths introduce in 1.7 can now consist of PolySplines. The fill alogorthm has
been improved (with antialiasing in the horizontal axis). The experimental
text tool has been adapted to use the new splines and creates better
quality text as a result.

ARexx port based input wedges (plugins)
As an alternative to the existing input wedge scripst, scripts can now
declare an ARexx port to receive input data. This makes maintaining state
much easier and allows far more complex plugins with simpler code.

Two new plugins have been written

Curves: Uses a single open path to create and draw a wide range of curves.
Filled Boxes: Another advance script using a cosed polyspline to draw filled
boxes with rounded corners. Many paremeters are variable, resulting in a
wide range of box styles.

And More ......

Go to top
Re: New version of SketchBlock available.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks Andy

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Broadblues

Thanks! However, there seems to be some debug info output to serial/Sashimi at startup, is this meant to be or by accident in the release version?

Marko

Quote:

Function sketchtool::Obtain not implemented
GM_LAYOUT before 7 33 998 716
GM_LAYOUT after 7 33 998 716
GM_EXTENT 7 33 998 716
sketchgad 998
src/sketchgadget.c:101 Entering SGSetupScrollbars
SGSetupScrollbars:src/sketchgadget.c:113 DispX 0
SGSetupScrollbars:src/sketchgadget.c:139 DispY 0
src/project.c:1404 Entering DisplayProject
db.w 0
src/project.c:1094 Entering AllocateZoomBuffer
1100: Calling GetAttr
1102: returned from GetAttr
src/project.c:1113 Entering __AllocateZoomBuffer
__AllocateZoomBuffer ib 7 33 998 716 skprj->sp_ZoomBuffer 00000000
ZW 640 ZH 480
src/project.c:1164 Entering ZoomProject
k/4 640
GM_LAYOUT before 7 33 1378 997
GM_LAYOUT after 7 33 1378 997
GM_EXTENT 7 33 1378 997
sketchgad 1378
db.w 0
...rc/project.c:1113 Entering __AllocateZoomBuffer
__

Marko Raina
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Broadblues

Thanks for that, didn't get far with your tutorial, think I'm not doing something right, would really like to learn this package, has the potential to replace Photogenics me thinks

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Nice to see constant progress. I'm painting a sketch with SketchBlock. I have to finish it and will show off later...

I'd like to discuss about some options and unfortunately have some propositions, again
All of this later, I'm busy for few days....

BTW. If you remember, is there an option to have Sketch Window always active? There was one but I can not find it now...

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Nice to see constant progress. I'm painting a sketch with SketchBlock. I have to finish it and will show off later...

Cool will be ineteresting to see it.
Quote:

I'd like to discuss about some options and unfortunately have some propositions, again
All of this later, I'm busy for few days....

All suggestions are welcome.

Quote:

BTW. If you remember, is there an option to have Sketch Window always active? There was one but I can not find it now...

It's now an option. You need to set it via the prefs file (GUI weill come later)

look in "<pathtosketchblock>/prefs/sketchprefs.xml" for

<layerswinflags staytop="true" toolbox="false" />
<toolswinflags staytop="true" toolbox="false" />

and change toolbox="false" to toolbox="true"

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you Andy!
Your SketchBlock is great!

Just donated!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

Thanks again for your fabulous software, is there a Vignette option or one planned? I love this feature in Photogenics and would be nice to have it in SketchBlock too

I will make another donation to show my support

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
What do you mean by Vignette?

If you mean create a soft border round a photo image etc. Then you could do that with the fill boxes script in the wedges menu.

Create a new layer.

Choose a soft brush and stroke the box but dont fill it. Then fill outside the borders with the paint tool. Apply the gaussian blur from the convolve menu a few times, if you need to soften further.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

I assume sicky means the little colour picker which can change the current colour to that of any pixel on the existing picture. Its icon is one of those tube things with a bubble on the end, used for picking up small quantities of liquid and dispensing it elsewhere one drop at a time. I can't remember what they're called.

I really must update my Sketchblock, I haven't looked at any of the recent versions.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

I assume sicky means the little colour picker which can change the current colour to that of any pixel on the existing picture. Its icon is one of those tube things with a bubble on the end, used for picking up small quantities of liquid and dispensing it elsewhere one drop at a time. I can't remember what they're called.

If he means that then that's dead easy, press ctrl whilst in the paint tool, the mouse will chnage to a 'pipette' aka knowns as 'one of those tube things with a bubble on the end, used for picking up small quantities of liquid and dispensing it elsewhere one drop at a time' and click anywhere in an image. Been a feature since 1.1

Quote:

I really must update my Sketchblock, I haven't looked at any of the recent versions.

It's now supported by AmiUpdate. If you have an old version instaled but haven't run it for long enough to keep it in the AppDir: cache then run it once and then scan for updates, if you've run it more recently then it should just appear.

It only downloads at the moment, no AutoInstall yet.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
Cool stuff as usuall. You already pretty far with it, few more versions, few more plugins and then it can be kind of the best of all the painters on os4 :)

For now testing new features, and as i read in docs, FilledBox widges should spawn some kind of GUI window, where you can change the details, or its about that gui from Layers/Tools windowses ? Why i ask, its because even after i install latest PIL and latest ProAction (and run necessary icon from) and do reboot, and choice FilledBoxes, i still didn't have any new gui window spawned.

And next question: it is possible to add to sketchblock prefs something like "auto remove of widget once drawing (or final action) is done" ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Cool stuff as usuall. You already pretty far with it, few more versions, few more plugins and then it can be kind of the best of all the painters on os4 :)

Cheers.

Quote:

For now testing new features, and as i read in docs,
FilledBox widges should spawn some kind of GUI window, where you can change the details,

Hmm that's odd. Do you see any error reports printed to console?

Are you running SketchBlock on it's own screen or workbench?

Do any of the other tools open a window? For instance, Export As .... in the Project menu should open a window with a list of file types.

Is the Non GUI part of it still working? That is, do you see the framework surrounding the box on the project window, and can you drag it arround?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

And next question: it is possible to add to sketchblock prefs something like "auto remove of widget once drawing (or final action) is done" ?

Scripts can be so varied that this is not a good idea.

Some do allready 'autoremove' eg MoveLayer only works once then you need to reselect it (which is annoying, I may change that)

I'm working towards a convention where pressing ESC quits the current script plugin, or if it has a GUI, both ESC or the Close button. (I'm going to drop the name 'wedges' as I borrowed it from ImageFX but my script plugins are starting to become quite different to ImageFX's wedges)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Hmm that's odd. Do you see any error reports printed to console?

Nope. But i for sake of testing do dumpdebugbuffer, and thats what i have when i run sketch and press on the FilledBox widge:

Quote:

8/0.RAM Disk:> dumpdebugbuffer
GM_LAYOUT before 7 29 768 524
GM_LAYOUT after 7 29 768 524
GM_EXTENT 7 29 768 524
sketchgad 768
db.w 0
1102: returned from GetAttr
src/project.c:1113 Entering __AllocateZoomBuffer
__AllocateZoomBuffer ib 7 29 768 524 skprj->sp_ZoomBuffer 00000000
ZW 640 ZH 480
k/4 640
db.w 328
zb w 640 db .w 328
damage k/4 328
sblit_w 328
sblit_w 328

8/0.RAM Disk:>

Quote:

Wb one.

Quote:

Do any of the other tools open a window? For instance, Export As .... in the Project menu should open a window with a list of file types.

Yes, Export As works fine. Starts not so fast (but we discuss that before), but it works and spawn gui.

Quote:

Is the Non GUI part of it still working? That is, do you see the framework surrounding the box on the project window, and can you drag it arround?

Yes, thats what i have: screenshot

I.e. i press on widge, it spawn such a box, and i can resize it, move it, and use D for make actual drawing. I also can change color via main tool window gui, but i didnt have any additional gui spawned..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Quote:

Wb one.

I found the issue.

I forgot to set WA_PubScreenFallBack, so if it couldn' open it's window on the named screen it just failed to open.

What's happing is that SketchBlock by default tries open on a screen named SketchBlock (defined in the pref.xml file) if it doesn't it falls back onto the workbench screen. Most of the scripts do too but this one I overlooked.

If you want to run on WorkBench by pupose rather than default then edit the line

<pubscreenname>SketchBlock</pubscreenname>

in the prefs.xml file

(Change SketchBlock to Workbench naturally )

Or define a screen SketchBlock then all will work okay. Or specify any other screen of your choise (must be 16bit ot deeper 32 recomended).

The bug in the script is fixed for 1.9

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
PS there arguably a bug in the scripting interface too, as SketchBlock is returning the Screen Name of the screen it *tried* to open on not the screen it actually opened on.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
yep

Also trying to play now with ctrl+z (for undo) heavy, and some actions can't be undo. I for example draw some #OOPS#, then convolve/full sobel, then few filled boxes, and then ctrl+z can only bring me at stage of "before sobel". But by logic it all should be undos till empty first page (but i assume you aware about all of this already:) ). I assume its something about sketch making a new layer when do sobel + jumping on it as default after, and ctrl+z fail to back that action.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:
What do you mean by Vignette?

If you mean create a soft border round a photo image etc. Then you could do that with the fill boxes script in the wedges menu.

Create a new layer.

Choose a soft brush and stroke the box but dont fill it. Then fill outside the borders with the paint tool. Apply the gaussian blur from the convolve menu a few times, if you need to soften further.

Yes that's the sort of thing I meant. For example image results in being oval shaped fading to white (or whatever background colour), it's quite often seen in old style photos if you get what I mean? It was so easy to do in Photogenics as you just selected the tool and set the area and size to apply, sorry if I'm not explaining this very well!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

This indeed looks like a great release!

I see the requirement for the user to manually add an assign is gone: SketchBlock creates the assign itself at startup (and removes it after you quit). Thank you, this is the right approach! Users don't care that your program's components need an assign to run correctly, so don't bother them with internal stuff.

Speaking of improving user experience: have you possibly thought of using tabbed palettes in a single toolbox window, instead of several floating windows? What I mean is that you could do with one toolbox window in which the Sketch Tools and Layers palettes would be accessible from tabs. This would reduce screen clutter.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »