Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Cubic IDE + OS4.x SDK
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
With the help of Trixie, who posted replies to my cry for help over at the Hyperion Support Forums, and at the AW.net forums, plus reading his article posted here on Amigans.net, I was finally able (after many hours of frustration) to get my Cubic IDE set up to use the latest AmigaOS4.x SDK version 53.15.

The big problem in doing this kind of installation is the installer that was written for the Cubic IDE will only work with a specific version of the OS4.x SDK (version 51.22), and that version is no longer available for download from the Hyperion website.

Luckily for me, another OS4.x user had this older version still on one of his hard drives and was kind enough to make it possible for me to download the old SDK. I am not going to mention his name, just in case he doesn't want it commonly known, but I have already thanked him for his help. You know who you are, so feel free to identify yourself in this thread if you like.

Being a complete Noob to OS4.x, everything is harder for me to do and find out, than it is for you experienced OS4.x users. I almost feel like I am starting over with my A1000 and it is 1987 again. This probably explains part of why it took me well over 8 hours, during the course of three days, before I could finally claim success and see a working installation of Cubic IDE which is using the latest version 53.15, of the OS4.x SDK, on my X1000 computer.

I wish I could provide the exact step-by-step instructions that are needed to supplement Trixie's excellent article here, but unfortunately, I had so many problems and interruptions during the several installation attempts, I cannot remember the exact combination of steps that were in addition to Trixie's instructions, which made my installation complete. The one thing I do remember which prevented one of my attempts to install Cubic IDE, and that is this:

When you unpack the version 51.22 OS4.x SDK and copy the contents to the devkits:blah/blah/blah drawer in your attempt to get the Cubic IDE installer to install the C/C++ add-on module, the drawer you are copying all the SDK contents into must be empty before you start. If you have the contents plus the archived files in that drawer, the installation will not work.

I don't know if that will help anyone, or if anyone besides me is still interested in using the Cubic IDE, but since it is still for sale (at a greatly reduced price from when I bought it), I figured that there might be someone now, or in the future who buys and tries to use the Cubic IDE who will run into the same problems I had. It would be even better if the author of this commercial IDE would write a new installer program for it that would work with the latest OS4.x SDK and include a download link to this new installer to every new buyer of this product on the Cubic IDE website.

Sorry for the long post.

Go to top
Re: Cubic IDE + OS4.x SDK
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaDave

Isn't 53.20 the latest version of the AmigaOS 4.x SDK?

Sadly I'm (currently) not an Amiga OS 4.x user but I'm a courios person and like to browse through documentations. And as long as I've enough harddisk space no downloaded archive will ever be deleted.

If someone else needs the old SDK feel free do ask.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmigaDave

Quote:

When you unpack the version 51.22 OS4.x SDK and copy the contents to the devkits:blah/blah/blah drawer in your attempt to get the Cubic IDE installer to install the C/C++ add-on module

Are you sure you got this part right? You are not supposed to unpack or copy the SDK to devkits: As I wrote in the Hyperion forum, you have to unpack it into the "contributions/os4-sdk/" directory in the path where you extracted the add-on (envcpp50.lha). The correct process would be:

- extract the envcpp50.lha into a temporary directory; let's say RAM:
- extract the SDK to "RAM:envcpp50/contributions/os4-sdk/"
- then run the envcpp50 installer

And yes, the article mentions SDK 53.15 because it was written at that time. The newest version is 53.20 of course, as Gazelle says.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here you can find step by step guide
http://www.amigans.net/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=30

And the CubicIDE homepage are up again.
http://www.softwareandcircuits.com/di ... a/products/cubic/sdk.html

And now I am working on the envcpp installer scripts, and trying to make
some shanges. On this point I have done at least 50%.

Edited by MH2 on 2012/9/10 19:21:09
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MH2
Thanks for the setup links for installing the latest SDK with Cubic IDE as I have recently reinstalled CubicIDE under OS4 and only have the old SDK setup that is required my the supplied installer.

At the moment I am just using Cubic IDE with my new copy of Hollywood which works very well, but I would like to get back into C programming on the Amiga at some point in the future so having the latest Amiga OS4.1 SDK installed will be useful when I do.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have now done 100%

Has sent the files to Dietmar, and got a reply fairly quickly. It is gonna be, probably an update within a week

Edited by MH2 on 2012/9/13 19:07:59
Edited by MH2 on 2012/9/13 19:30:21
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There are a new version of envcpp, Cubic IDE addon version 5.1. Download for envcpp51.

http://www.softwareandcircuits.com/di ... a/products/cubic/sdk.html

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

trixie wrote:
@AmigaDave

Quote:

When you unpack the version 51.22 OS4.x SDK and copy the contents to the devkits:blah/blah/blah drawer in your attempt to get the Cubic IDE installer to install the C/C++ add-on module

Are you sure you got this part right? You are not supposed to unpack or copy the SDK to devkits: As I wrote in the Hyperion forum, you have to unpack it into the "contributions/os4-sdk/" directory in the path where you extracted the add-on (envcpp50.lha). The correct process would be:

And yes, the article mentions SDK 53.15 because it was written at that time. The newest version is 53.20 of course, as Gazelle says.

I have the SDk extracted to "vol:envcpp50/contributions/os4-sdk", but the envcpp50 installer stops with an error saying I need to copy the SDK to that dir.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Valiant wrote:
Quote:

trixie wrote:
@AmigaDave

Quote:

I have the SDk extracted to "vol:envcpp50/contributions/os4-sdk", but the envcpp50 installer stops with an error saying I need to copy the SDK to that dir.

I sent a request to Dietmar asking him to create a new installer script that would make all of this alternative installation methods unnecessary on OS4.1.5 computers, but I doubt he will do that as he does not support installations of Cubic IDE with other SDK's.

Go to top

Register To Post