Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

smf, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

problems with AmiSystemRestore
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I've already noticed a problem in a snapshot someone made of AmiSystemRestore:
Resized Image

The day, date & time columns look like they contain the wrong things, presumably due to him having different Locale settings to me. Here is roughly what it SHOULD look like:
Resized Image

The bad snapshot was taken by "Prober", but unfortunately I have no way of contacting him & finding out what his OS4 settings were... so if you see similar problems, then please contact me (here or privately).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: problems with AmiSystemRestore
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I know Prober, and I have sent him an e-mail with a link to this thread. But I must say I can't see anything wrong in Prober's screenshot. This is the way we write dates and times around here.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Trixie Quote:
I must say I can't see anything wrong in Prober's screenshot. This is the way we write dates and times around here.

Perhaps I am jumping to the wrong conclusion then: It was just that the combination of an unfamiliar language & huge amounts of white space in the day/date/time columns made me think something must have gone wrong.

OTOH, if the wording is correct, and he just horizontally stretched the window before taking the screenshot, then I guess there is no problem!

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
It was just that the combination of an unfamiliar language & huge amounts of white space in the day/date/time columns made me think something must have gone wrong.

We always put a space after day and month when they're written as numbers, but you couldn't have noticed unless you've seen a program running under the Czech locale.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Looks fine to me too, the columns are a bit wide but that might not necessarily be an issue. úterý is Czech for Tuesday. Looks a bit odd because it's the only localised word on the entire screenshot

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok, here is a new screenshot:

Resized Image

Go to top

Register To Post