Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Relocate Amiga keys
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Severin

Yes, thank you! :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillE

Since Amiga is an expenive hobby, every serious Amiga user should buy a proper higher-end expensive keyboard with programmable keys (Logitek, WASD Keyborad, Ducky).

This way you program the alt and command/Amiga/Win/Lunix keys the way you want!

You can not expect the developers to invest their time to fix something only a couple hundred people are affected by... evil:

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:

You can not expect the developers to invest their time to fix something only a couple hundred people are affected by... evil:

Take that couple of hundreds people away and you get an amiga user base of zilch...at least for the ng side...

What else can we expect from developers to do for those slim base of die-hard amiga users than to fix stuff? I don t get it...

aaaaaand back to topic, i just re-located the "z" key...it was on my keyboard, go figure...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

yeah, there where some big grains of sarcasm in that phrase there.. ;)

However the majority of the perceived mood of the moment appears to be:
- users always demanding and bickering
- why should I waste my time
- I do it only for fun and as long as I have fun
- there is no money to increase my fun in it anyway
- I can not solve all issues alone
- my system works
- to me it is ok the way it is

and if that really is the mood, I feel not confortable blaming THE DEVELOPERS for not wanting to go the extra mile.

Was it for me, I would love to see CFE on the X1000 replaced by UBoot, the RadeonRX, USB, keyboard keys repeating, booting speed/time, KVM issues fixed for the X1000. Also the Amiga/Alt switch should be done on the "firmware" level too IMHO.

The early boot menu Mouse issues -out of 10 mice I tested, cherry, logitec and whatnot, 80% did only moove vertically in the early boot menu-

And the issue of not being able to move the mouse or use the keyboard when the system hangs. One can see the clock ticking but all imput is frozen and the reset button is the only way.

And another very annoying bug is the sporadic but often enough appearing bug of system freeze at boot when no mouse or keyboard are touched right away.
This happens on most machines so far: XE, X1000, Sam440. The X5000 i'm not using enough to to be able to tell.

To me, these issues decrease the mood much more than CANDI (which is pretty buggy too btw) can increase it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:
You can not expect the developers to invest their time to fix something only a couple hundred people are affected by.

I don't expect much time at all. CFE *used* to have that option, it is just a case of putting it back again. It makes far more sense for it there than in the OS Prefs.

In the official AmigaOne X1000 Firmware and Booting Guide (CFE) however, the CFE> setenv -p keymap_swapaltamiga "on/off variable is mentioned on page 12.

It should IMHO still be there.

A programmable keyboard does sound nice but with 2 X1000s and an old XE I cannot really justify the expense.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillEQuote:
In the official AmigaOne X1000 Firmware and Booting Guide (CFE) however, the CFE> setenv -p keymap_swapaltamiga "on/off variable is mentioned on page 12. It should IMHO still be there.

Without a doubt, whe share the same opinion!

Quote:

A programmable keyboard does sound nice but with 2 X1000s and an old XE I cannot really justify the expense.

I'm a bit sad it was not me who sold you the 2 X1000.. My answer would have been: "The keyboard? It works well here on my maschines.. 'never had someone complaining about that!
But I have two keyboards here that work well, I can sell them to you for cheap. "

mmh..

..or maybe.. maybe I would have just ignored you until you gave up! :) :evil

ahh, missed chanches!! :evil :evil

Com'on, be realistic, the X1000 was initially sold, when was it 2010? It's 10 years ago!! Try to go to HP and ask them to implement back a feature they inadvertently fixed out of the firmware of an HP Pavilion M6!! :sarcasticevil

And please, please post their answer here! :inneedforalaugh

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:

Com'on, be realistic, the X1000 was initially sold, when was it 2010? It's 10 years ago!! Try to go to HP and ask them to implement back a feature they inadvertently fixed out of the firmware of an HP Pavilion M6!! :sarcasticevil

Then again, HP did fix and update A LOT compared to X1000/CFE/UBoot/you-name-it.
Granted, a 10 year old system in the PC market is as dead as a fly in a zzzzzappp trap.

But if you look at the Amiga market, 10 years means hardware finally becomes usable (from the software side)...well, partly, and not crash-prone, and probably not even fast...
Ah well, off-topic again, sorry guys

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Then again, HP did fix and update A LOT compared to X1000/CFE/UBoot/you-name-it.

See.. this means HP hardware is crap, they had to fix A LOT of things, whilst the X1000 firmware only has a few additional features:
- it prevents you to buy those cheep china keyboards (I apologise for riding the stereotype, dear Chinese Amiga friends!!)
- it prevents you to buy useless 2Gib of RAM (unless you use Linux maybe)
- it prevents you to buy a KVM so you will renounce up front to buy another expensive computer. One computer per person should suffice in this day and age. We can say X1000 is a Green Computer, it has environmentally friendly intentions.®by Great-Ah Bigfishmountn
- it prevents you to accidentally boot from a USB key when inserted at boot time.
- it prevents you to accidentally keep the key pressed... well no, it prevents key repetition when in the CFE "shell", and then wonder why on earth 50 "v" appear on the screen!
- it also prevents you to accidentally go to the first position of a line with the cursor by just one keypress when editing a command.
- It breaks the monotony of You Boot and introduces a much friendlier acronym for firmware!

You see, there are so many advantages and deep thoughts behind every feature. You might not recognise it, but all these features are early Christmas presents! :) :abitevil

Quote:
But if you look at the Amiga market, 10 years means hardware finally becomes usable (from the software side)...well, partly, and not crash-prone, and probably not even fast...

here we go again! Complaints! Did I not just tell you these are all features!!!

Quote:

Ah well, off-topic again, sorry guys

yes, sorry I'm culprit of this too!

IIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:

here we go again! Complaints! Did I not just tell you these are all features!!!

Gods, we have such a feature rich system then

/off topic

I hope OP did get an answer to his original question...i somehow completely derailed this thread...i can only blame Amigo1

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)