Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 88

Primax, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Freeciv SDL (GUI stuff)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've updated Freeciv to 2.2.3, and would like to squash the last (pretty much) bug out of it before release. Having discovered in more detail how it happens, I'm hoping it's a relatively simple thing, but I don't know where to start.

As I mentioned in the readme, the keyboard shortcuts stop working especially in fullscreen, if you deactivate the window. I then had the idea to activate the main Workbench window (backdrop mode: off), and then go back. That consistently worked, all keys do what they're supposed to.

I wonder if the only way here is to modify libSDL, or if a workaround for this game would work?

Go to top
Re: Freeciv SDL (GUI stuff)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thematic

i am not a developer but the only hint i can give you is to go here and ask for help:

http://utilitybase.com/

i wish you can find a solution for your problem :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thematic

Looking forward to this release, so I hope you will get all the help you need!

Any chance of you taking a shot at Freecol while you are at it?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thematic

There's a similar problem reported here, I don't know if it's related:

http://code.google.com/p/os4sdl/issues/detail?id=10

The SDL OS4 source code is available, so you might try to see if there's a bug there in the keyboard handling.

Varthall

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skov

If you mean the Java game, I can't do anything with that.

@Varthall

Indeed there may. I checked the SDL (video) stuff, and there was one ActivateWindow, for the init. But it's probably not relevant. I found out by brute-forcing (playtesting) that it depends on how you return to freeciv screen. If you do it by keyboard (even by lamiga+lalt on the gadget), the game loses (some of) it.

Since SDL custom screens don't have depth gadgets, you put it behind from the keyboard (or some "extra" mouse button I suppose) and return with the mouse. No lost keys. This annoyance reminds me of TV-Paint, though that's the opposite.

Briefly also looked into GL mode, but the best I could do was to get the splash screen in window mode, fullscreen was blank. Changing the video mode (leave just SDL_OPENGL and SDL_FULLSCREEN), and additional includes was clearly not enough. But if it should be, then that's just some oddity with MiniGL?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thematic

Yeah, I just saw that as well and it may a bit much to ask you to fix our Java situation!

I am still looking for a way to run Colonization native on OS4.1 but your port of Freeciv will provide me with loads of entertainment!

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top

Register To Post