Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Flatscreen TV issues.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello all, I've recently purchased a flatscreen TV with VGA input, hoping to use this instead of the scandoubler I've been using (see here and here to see why). Unfortunately, this thing is MILITANTLY ntsc, and 90% of my non-RTG games are in PAL. I was running some some searches, and found
this on Amazon, and was wondering if anybody has used such a thing? I'm not too concerned about video quality, as I usually only play 320x200 or 320x256 res on AGA, but the info states its good for Playstation II, which I believe is 800x600. Even a pal hi-res-laced screen is less than that.
Also, my TV has S-video and composite inputs as well as the antenna input, but I'm sure the s-video would require 60hz verticle as well. (The antenna input can deal with 50hz input, but chops the bottom 56 pixels off the screen, rather inconvenient when trying to find the flippers in Pinball Fantasies).
Also, I know theres a few different PAL standards, I'm not too sure which one the Amiga uses? Thanks for any help.

Resized Image
Go to top
Re: Flatscreen TV issues.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kvasir

I just bought one from Nathan Cadwallen (amigamaniac)in Australia. If you have a look at his website, http://www.amigamaniac.com you'll find some info about it.

I haven't tried mine yet as I'm rebuilding my A1200 (v e r y s l o w l y) and I aim to use it for that, although, as I am UK based, it's different conditions for me (PAL)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kvasir

The bad news is you'll need a scan doubler but the good news is that the cheap ones with SVideo inputs will work with AmigaManiac's RGB to SVideo adapter.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Samurai_Crow

Scandoubler? for a NTSC flatscreen TV?

Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post