Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Photos of X1000
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
There is some photos where you can see the case on a-eons homepage..

Go to top
Anonymous
Re: Photos of X1000
@Alkaron

Media section.

I have to say I don't get any kind of pulse racing feeling from this project. Sigh. Maybe I'm just too old to care.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Alkaron

I have to say I like the look and feel and the fact that it appears to be rather clean... Of course part of that is due to the fact that the mainboard is completely bare and nothing is hooked up yet... It will be interesting to see the insides once everything is hooked up and ready to run... (no power supply in the case suggests to me that they may not have the PS nailed down yet...) Anyway, I like the look and feel so far..

One thing that does puzzle me a little is the compactflash being buried in the bottom inside the case meaning that it can't be accessed without cracking the case... (I am not sure what I had been thinking, but I had it in my mind that it would stick out the front of the computer... Even though looking at it now it is quite obvious that it couldn't possibly do that in a standard sized case..) Oh well, my bad ..

Although, on further thought they could certainly plug in some kind of cable to the mainboard and mount a CF socket on the front panel... Anything is possible I suppose...

Kinda weird, but not a big deal for sure...

I want one... :O)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DaveP

While it may not be super exciting looking case, sounds like it's got some decent features (cable routing passages, noise reduction materials), at least it isn't a horrible looking thing. I hate my A4000T case, I just haven't put in the time or energy in converting the two other cases I have into a single super-tower for it. Need to combine two cases to have additional expansion slots at the bottom where I want to hack in a more reasonable Prometheus location... Am also part way through converting my A3000 desktop into a tower case, so it has a more reasonable slot situation for my Mediator.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
it looks clean, fresh and office! Maybe it looks also good on a desktop-case?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alkaron

The case looks nice. Also the inside the case picture too.
Looking forward to this hits the streets.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Alkaron

I can not see the new photo's.

Edit:

Ok, that was with safari, now with firefox i can see them on the mac.

Edit2:

Now i can see it with safari to, the problem was that you cannot do a reload
of a frame with safari, you have to open the frame in a new tab/window and
then do a reload.

Edited by Dirk-B on 2010/5/6 19:30:16
A1G3-SE + OS4.1 u1 iso (x2)
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I see some new photos, interesting.

PS. It's only me do not recieve any news on email ? Looks like that done not in automatic way ? (i mean sending news on emails)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

I noticed them, too. Extremely tough

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Looks totally ok. However would be nice to be able to buy the HW only for these people that already have a good looking case.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I do not like fancy web pages that do not work on some usual browsers.

With Firefox 3.6.3 it's not possible to see those new photos on the media gategory. Only some old ones. (same happens with Opera on Ubuntu)

Neither does the web site direct Firefox to here: http://www.a-eon.com/oldbrowser.html even though it perhaps should.

When I use IE6 it is redirected to http://www.a-eon.com/oldbrowser.html and I was able to see those new photos.

UPDATE: is the webmaster the same as @ www.varisys.co.uk I have similar diffifulties with those pages, especially with Opera.

Other than that: nice to have some new things to look at.

So why is the AMD/ATI SB600 not officially announced yet?
It's sitting on the board and visible in every board picture, after all.

Edited by KimmoK on 2010/5/7 8:01:34
Edited by KimmoK on 2010/5/7 8:02:27
- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@KimmoK

Quote:

KimmoK wrote:
I do not like fancy web pages that do not work on some usual browsers.

With Firefox 3.6.3 it's not possible to see those new photos on the media gategory. Only some old ones. (same happens with Opera on Ubuntu)

Yes you can; I just visited the website with Firefox 3.6.3, and the new photos were there. Maybe you need to hit the refresh button to clear the old version out of the cache.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Anonymous
As has been pointed out elsewhere, these are mockups and not photos.

Good to know how they percieve it working out. Certainly helped me make up my already made up mind

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

I loose the media popup window when I click reload. (the window disappears and menu reverts back to right)

After I reopen the menu & open media section, only old pictures are visible.

hmmm.... I try to clear cache and then retry.

Ok.

Reload does not help.

But after I deleted all history entries and cache, the media section loaded correctly.

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Talos BlackBird (awaiting a Miggy like OS)
Amiga 4000 OS3.9 / Pegasos II OS4.1 FE
Go to top
Anonymous
@TheKorn

I saw them on his facebook page.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DaveP

I love it! This case is excellent it looks like a mix between a custom pc, Power Mac and A4000T! Love the amount of harddrive bays you could turn it into a monster set up! Cannot wait to see it in realife in at the 25th anniversary amiga show.

Go to top

Register To Post