Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »
Re: What Games Could We Expect On X1000?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@VooDoo
I am interested in good strategy game.. :)
Poker!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Helgis
Naked Poker ?
Poker is all about when to:
'Put up', 'Shut up', or 'Go way'.
I just raised the bet Helgis. Do you have a reply!
=:o

@ tommysammy
What about Quake 4 ?The time has come. Seriously? "Halo - Combat Evolved" was ten times better and is now seven years old.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy

You bet! I see you, so count me in!

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I would say Dungeon Keeper 2 could be a great and maybe easy conversion. One of these games that have this unique Amiga atmosphere.

Dusty A500
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ports, ports, ports... what about new, Amiga-bred games? Anyone having any plans or intentions of creating something new for X1000?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Androxyn

I hope they do..

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Androxyn

i think so, too.

Amiga should show a way of the art. and above all, which is not already there.

(it is time to some occult events in the computer world.;)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Androxyn

Anyone having any plans or intentions of creating something new for X1000?
I've got addicted to 'poker' sometime back and programming a nice Texas Hold'em game for some time in SDLBasic. I can play a reasonably good game on the A1 now. I made a movie:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11367727@N07/4145395011/
I may consider converting my game to Hollywood. I haven't decided because I don't think there's that many Amigans that love poker. I guess a poll on this topic would help get some info.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy

Wow, nice one really!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
payback 2 would be nice and new syndicate game with online play ;)

I am just dreaming now :P

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rats

It was dreams and true spirit that have kept the Amiga alive, and still keeping it alive. Very important.

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Donate 3 machines per each small gaming houses or indie developers. I can name a few: Frozen Byte (Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor [both like Alien Breed style games], Trine [Like the Lost Vikings game]), 2D Boy [best indie of 2009 I think, with nice puzzle game], Klei Entertainment [upcoming Shank - Final Fight style game], Amanita Design [beautiful hand draw graphic classic style point and click adventure]. Someone will be interested I suppose. Other than that, port the LithTech engine (7 years old already) and a team can port some of the Monolith's games. Gorky 17 would be a nice addition if we could get it on X1000 but I don't know the current state of the port.

Porting newer games would require a tremendous amount of work since many of them utilize technology that either isn't optimized on AOS4.x or it doesn't exist (PhysiX Engine).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy

If you use Hollywood you target on many platforms (including the mainstream)!

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@KimmoK

Good point! Want to learn to use that program. Have to buy it when using X1000!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@KimmoK

If you use Hollywood you target on many platforms (including the mainstream)!
So, how do I make my proggy exclusive to OS4?
I didn't think SDLBasic was the choice because it on PCs and Linux everywhere.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Trevor and all

I almost forgot one game.

What about The Longest Journey and Dreamfall? Could they be ported or made in a version that would use the X1000/SAM460-hardware? I would love to see these
games on the new Amiga-platform..

These games are somewhat old, but leave the possibility to
appear on the new Amiga-platform. The question is how this
is going to happen..

- Helgis
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

And we have too Mame 1.06 on wich we can run Spy Hunter,Double Dragon,Strikers 1945 I&II,Metal Slug series,Marvel Vs Capcom,Terminator II,Out Run,Turbo Out Run,OutRunners,1944,Big Run,King Of FIghters series since 94 to probably 2005 edittion and a lot of great arcade games we never could imagine only some years ago.

I want to see OS4.1 improved in the 3D graphic system to see new big games too and launch of emulators such the Playstation 2,Sega Saturn and probabbly a Dreamcast emulator too.

Don't forget that only with MAME we can have 7000 new games to play with that we have never been able to play or see before.

But still we need more games to play for the AmigaOne and compatible OS4.1 systems.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

We all feel as you do there, so amen to that.

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

maby clickboom will be back. then wee can have napalm 2 and maby at new fighter game aswell. hehehhehe

as fare as i know. acube system boys were doing a game called "maim&mangle" with has newer offcial has been stopped but put "onhold" maby it will come with greater power/gfx after the realese of the x1000 and same 460 !!!

but i hope acube pepole will make some kind of statement about it, dont like to give pepole false hopes. iff i am worng

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@retro

Could be possible, yeah. I almost forgot about them, but when mentioned, i still remember them. Yes, they had quite a bunch of excellent ports. Speaking of Clickboom, i will see if they still are available on the net..

Thanks for mentioning it anyway. Much appreciated!

- Helgis
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »