Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: Torque for OS4 progress
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Shadow

So, is Unity3D possible to get ported? ;P

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@KimmoK
Quote:

KimmoK wrote:
@Shadow

So, is Unity3D possible to get ported? ;P

That would be awesome if it were. AFAIK, a port would require Gallium 3D, just like Torque 3D and C4 Engine do.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
All these engines are unuseful right now because you will play everything at 1-2fps.. so forget them..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@afxgroup

As Gallium3D is being adapted to AOS4, why not prepare some 3D SW for it...

- Kimmo
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

afxgroup wrote:
All these engines are unuseful right now because you will play everything at 1-2fps.. so forget them..

Even software-only gallium runs faster than that on an X1000 already, including debug output.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

Rogue wrote:
Quote:

afxgroup wrote:

Even software-only gallium runs faster than that on an X1000 already, including debug output.

Good to hear things progressing nicely. Any chance of a blog update or is the time better spend getting hardware rendering running and 4.2 out of the door?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
indeed i've wrote *right now*.. maybe one day.. but actually all is unuseful..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
So: Gallium3D runs on x1000 already.

Nice status update.

"...faster than that..."

With or without multicore support?

- Kimmo
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue
Quote:

Imho you compare for now what can't be compared. I mean, Afxgroup says about some "big-fat-full-blown-game-engines", not some gallium-demo which can give 100fps in SW mode.

Those modern engines will be for sure very slow and on our current opengl, and, what is very much possible on gallium as well, just because those modern engines are big-fat-all-the-resource-want.

I.e. we can't say that if some gallium-demo give 100fps in SW mode, then we will have more than 2-3 fps even in HW mode in some modern game engine, which can be slow and ugly just by default. Code different, speed will be different and co.

@kimmok

Did you understand what is compared here with what ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
kas1e, relax. i think it was hjf's way of sneaking out some positive news. he basically said he has gallium running in sw mode. that's great, no?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SpotUP

Why you think i am not relaxed ? Fully and totally :) But to avoid kimmok's and co bananas saying that we can't compare uncompared.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Well, at the end i think we can't compare anythings as we don't have any public Gallium implementation nor any of those 3D engines so it's just pure speculation..

Aniway it seems that your english has improved lately in relation of your too "few" recent messages

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@rogue

Quote:

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

So betatesters have also OpenGL ??

(perhaps you meant the miniGL thingy)

Other than that...
It would be interesting to know what SW is used for Gallium3D and OpenGL2.0 testing.

((and if SMP kernel is there somewhere being tested))

- Kimmo
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Why you think i am not relaxed ? Fully and totally :)

I think its your avatar...rather red and angry, and gives perhaps a wrong impression of the person behind it...dunno

just thought that it could why he belived you were angry

X1000 - One Amiga to rule them all...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

afxgroup wrote:

I don't share your pessimissm. In this youtube video Shadow's partial TGE (Torque3D's precursor) port runs at 7-21 fps. Not great, but that's on one of the older Amigas (A1-XE maybe) using an old Radeon graphics card and Warp3D. The 7 fps only occurred when rendering the water.

My A1-X1000 is faster than the A1-XE, has faster memory, and even my Radeon HD 4650 is faster than a Radeon 9000. I have a test program that is rendering approx. 200,000 (~50,000 per render pass) triangles at 1920x1080 smoothly on a Radeon HD 4650, and that's not even the fastest graphics card that we can use.** No, the test program doesn't use Gallium3D, but it does use hardware Transformation, Clipping and Lighting (TCL), and in-VRAM vertex buffers. Both of these are things that Gallium3D offers that Warp3D cannot do. This gives a glimpse of what will be possible.

So, I'm optimistic about how well 3D engines such as Torque3D, C4 Engine and Unity3D might run on AmigaOS once MESA + Gallium3D are available. However, you will need to buy a decent graphics card. You can expect the frame-rate to suck if you choose a low-end card such as a Radeon HD 4350 (or any *350 for that matter).

Hans

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

You are definitively our 3D guru, dude.

P.S.

Where have you got those 3D models?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

AmigaBlitter wrote:

Where have you got those 3D models?

From various sources on the internet. I basically searched for models that were free to use and in the right format. The milkyway background came from the European Southern Observatory, the space shuttle from NASA, and the rest came from various 3D model websites.

Hans

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So, what format is used for the models?

Your demo could be considered as a cool tech demo. Is really impressive what the compositing can do. Hope others will be brave enought to accept the challenge of develop demo via compositing.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

AmigaBlitter wrote:
So, what format is used for the models?

Wavefront .obj format.

Quote:
Your demo could be considered as a cool tech demo. Is really impressive what the compositing can do. Hope others will be brave enought to accept the challenge of develop demo via compositing.

Thanks. However, this demo doesn't use compositing. It's a test app for the RadeonHD_RM.resource, so it's doing its own rendering via its own (hand-coded) shaders.

Hans

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »