Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: New members, dont be shy say hi!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hey there Kicko,

Yeeeeesh! You make some of the funniest comments!!!! (I've read the stuff you say elsewhere, you know?) In the top 25, easily.

And back to the case at hand.... YES, welcome to all the new members!!!!!

Amiga!!!!, NOTHING else is ahead of the curve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An AmigaOne X1000 is a "MUST OWN" tinker toy (nothing wrong with that ), at worst, however, I believe it will be near a "be all, end all"!

I cannot be swayed in any other direction, as windows is truly, utterly horrendous (beyond reproach), and Apple is saddled with BLOATware and a closed system you'd not want, to boot (up either!)......

Amiga is elegant, sensible, and fulfills one desires.

I'll be the last one here, if it ever gets that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well, ok. I'll bite.

I'm actually not a new member per se, since I've been lurking here unregistered since this site started but I didn't register until I bought OS4.1 for my Peg2 a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not using my Amigas for anything serious actually, but just surfing and playing netradio stations through TuneNet is fun enough. Yesterday I installed RunInUAE (works great by the way, so far only 20.000 leagues under the sea is the only game that doesn't run properly) and are now having a blast playing Lemmings 1 & 2, Cannon Fodder and Push-Over again. Funny enough, it's the three games I always install first on all my computers, even under emulation on some. They still kick as much ass-fun as back in Ye Olde Days!

...and will I buy the X1000 if/when it arrives? Damn straight. Even if its just for surfing and stuff... ;)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko

Already an AmigaOne X1000? You are teasing us, aren't you?

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Eldritch

Welcome to you too.
You do have installed the latest update too i assume?

@Helgis

Kicko is a little fun guy. You know,poor swedish people can only joke since they can't beat us in the winter olympics starting soon.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

I hold my thumbs for you :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@magic

I'm new and shy ;)
Amiga 4000D in elbox tower, mediator 4000D, Voodoo5 5500, SB128PCI for OS3.9, CSPPC 060/50MHz and 604e/200MHz with 128MB 60ns RAM, UW-SCSI HDD 36GB, FastLaneZ3 with 16MB RAM, RTL8029 network card, eFlash 4000 2 MB ZIII Card, M-TEC 8 MB RAM Expansion ZII, HP Streamer DAT 24 SCSI II, CDRW Sony 52x IDE, Samsung 10 GB IDE HDD, HD Floppy, TV LCD - Philips 220TW, PS2M made by me.

Near future I would like to buy delfina lite.

My personal site: www.amiga.pekdar.net, it's about my experience with Amiga from 1998 to today. Polish only - sorry. I have a plan to translate several articles to english but it's not my native language and it's really difficulty to do for me. I know there is google translate but this is not to good solution for english readers.

I have firend, He told me He can do translations for me from time to time, so I think this is good solution for me to public english translations form time to time.

Sorry for my terrible english.

Regards
Pekdar
Amiga 4000D, CSPPC 333MHz, OS4.1u2, Mediator, Voodoo5 5500 and more...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@pekdar

Welcome pekdar. Funny post "im new and shy" :)
Your terrible english is pretty good. Only some misspelling but everything else its ok. I think you will find amigans.net interesting

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fogg_80/ Steril606/ Eldritch/ pekdar

welcome aboard

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique
Quote:

...Kicko is a little fun guy. You know,poor swedish people can only joke since they can't beat us in the winter olympics starting soon.

maybe Finland & Sweden can join forces to try to beat the Canadians in Hockey this upcoming Olympics

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RIBDEVIL

Hi RibDevil.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's nice being here.

For me, the Amiga is everything.
I am relatively new to this forum, but have been using Amigas since the "good old days".
My first Amiga was an A500 (bought back in 1990).
I was (and still am) very fascinated by what this computer could do. Especially regarding multitasking, perfect scrolling, user interface etc.

Later, in the mid-90's, I got an A1200 with a Blizzard 1230-IV accelerator card, which I still use today.

Last year, I got my long-awaited Sam440EP (mini-ITX, 667MHz).
You don't know how excited I was when I powered on my Sam the first time.
My system's case & PSU are fanless, and a 30GB Solid State Disk (OCZ) is installed. The only thing that makes some noise, is the DVD-rom.
Sam works great (...although it should have a XENA chip installed onto it...).

My main interest is programming, mainly assembly language (Motorola 680xx/68882).
And of course: I love playing around with the classic Amiga's custom chipset. Parallell processing is great!
I like tweaking to get the most out of my computer, and the assembly language is perfect to achieve that goal.
I still think you don't need to have the highest spec'ed hardware to do things fast and smooth; It's all about how the computer, the OS and the programs are designed that matters.

For the moment, I am learning how to program on my Sam/OS4.

Ongoing projects:
- JustName (A CLI file renaming utility. A new version will be released on Aminet soon).
- JustComm (A CLI filenote utility. A new version will be released on Aminet soon).
- An "oldschool" demo for classic Amigas.

Other classic computers I have:
- Amstrad CPC464 (My first computer. 1985).
- Amstrad CPC464+ (bought a few years ago)
- Amstrad CPC6128 (bought a few years ago)
- A1200 (my spare A1200. Bought a few years ago)
- A500+ (bought recently)

JOS

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@magic

Just a quick HELLO and a breif introduction.

When the kids broke the keyboard on my 1200 in '96 I took the hard drive out to fit in a new 1200. I never quite got around to it, and I don't think I ever will as I have just ordered a new SAM440 from Amigakit.

Having seen Simons demo of 4.1.1 at ANT last December I am looking forward to having a little fun.

Do I come here often?
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@thread

Hi to all newcomers

@328gts

Quote:

maybe Finland & Sweden can join forces to try to beat the Canadians in Hockey this upcoming Olympics

Hehee, I'm in for joining forces as I consider myself as both a Swede and a Finn, see you in Canada

(PS: I was born in Finland but raised in Sweden.)

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Quote:

Well, I came to think about a thing, perhaps we don't need to join forces...
That phrase should actually be the other way around, as "Canadians trying to beat Sweden & Finland"

You do know who got Gold and Silver 4 years ago

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Nimrod

Thank you for your order!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Nimrod

Welcome to the party

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Hehe, i was sure that he was kidding

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Marko wrote:
@328gts
Quote:

Well, I came to think about a thing, perhaps we don't need to join forces...
That phrase should actually be the other way around, as "Canadians trying to beat Sweden & Finland"

You do know who got Gold and Silver 4 years ago

haha..yes I do indeed remember who took gold 4 years ago ..in fact your team Captain back then was our team Captain here in Toronto

@ Nimrod

welcome to the club

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi guys.

26 year old pig farmer here!
About 2-3 years ago something made me buy an A500 off ebay even though I knew almost nothing about amiga apart from being familiar with the brand name. When I got it home and booted it up for the first time I had the goofiest looking grin on my face (and all I was doing was clicking on icons in WB).
I had a big box of games with it too and discovered that the amiga had a port of all my favourite games from back in the day... I had caught the bug and I wanted more so I started doing some research.

Shortly after that, I got hold of an A1200 (later Amiga Tech build with 3.1 roms) and got started on the upgrade path...
I got modest accerator, M-Tec 030 with 8mb (27mhz i think) and though of some more upgrades.

Realising the upgrade path was a never ending cycle I decided to go straight to the Sam440 and have been very happy with it and intend to keep using it for many years to come.
The sam brought back that stupid-looking A500 grin I had on my face.

On the topic of the Winter Olympics... Australia never do too good at the winter games for obvious reasons. However in 2002 Steven Bradbury won gold for us in the speed skating in probably the most pants-crapping funny way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfQMJtilOGg

Any fans of The Simpsons would say that Bradbury "Pulled a Homer!"

I challenge anyone to find anything funnier than that video...

A1000, A500,
A1200 (Blizz IV 030 + 32Mb, Subway USB, 16Gb CF2IDE)
SAM-Flex 800mhz
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

Resized ImageWelcome everybody! Dont forget to join our irc channel thats irc.amgians.net #amigans see our faq on how to do this on any platform.

RIBDEVIL

graffias79

Fogg_80

Steril606

Eldritch

pekdar JOS

Nimrod

mz3540

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »