Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Starting to wonder
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Are there other topics on aw than open source rulez and x86???

X5000
Go to top
Re: Starting to wonder
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

No it's the same stuff all over and even if I would like to see fast, cheap(er) hardware supported (even x86) by AmigaOS it is getting really really boring to read those threads.

I don't really understand the TOS at AW. I am admin at a footbal fan site and we have in our TOS that it is not allowed to create multiple threads on the same subject. So basically if you would want to write about why the club doesn't buy Christiano Ronaldo (or OS4 is not ported to x86) you would have to dig out an old thread or realise that your post will be deleted.

Ofcourse a new thread is allowed once in a while but that is when someone publishes a well thought out post instead of the many oneliner posts we see.

It requires a bit more moderation to do it this way but IMHO the forum is made a much more pleasant place to stay.

You can go to AW.net and make a post about why AROS isn't a real Amiga and then make ten of your friends post almost the same and none of you will be breaking any rules. Then comment on each others posts and occupy the frontpage for days. IMHO moderation should kick in when the second post appears. Move the content of second post to the first thread and delete the eight others when (or if) they would be posted.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Antique,

I feel bad, I feel bad that I, naively, started probably 2 AOS4 on x86 threads over on AW when I used to hang there, and participated in probably 4 others, and was PRO going x86.

I now realize that it was a mistake to consider it.

You see, I was one who thought, "if only ONE MB was focused on....." which just wouldn't have worked, anyway. And, I may have been in a pro x86 even here?! Can't remember when I gave up on that train of thoguht.

I'm sorry that I made those pushes.

I just want now, a minimum of 1.6 GHz with Altivec, and dual core would be BONUS!

I am extremely happy with my AmigaOne and AOS4.x, nonetheless.

M.A.P. should be AWESOME!

This year was great, 2010 will be BETTER STILL!

There's a comeback a brewing.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Atheist
There's nothing wrong in wishing AmigaOS to go X86, it's just the number of new X86 threads on AW.net that are tiresome.

I would love to see AmigaOS for one or two cheap X86 motherboards or any other reasonably cheap hardware that is faster/better than my XE-G4. I personally couldn't care any less regarding the CPU inside as long as it runs AmigaOS at a good speed and is payable.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Troels

I have a strong feeling that the next hardware offering will be a much more realistic bang/buck ratio.

Simon

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

I think all os4 supporters hope so too. Atleast i'll do what i can to support os4 when/if new hw comes.

Oh... And i do hope they make it faster than the fastest peg2/A1's... Because then i strongly believe existing A1/PEG2 users will upgrade too.

Edited by Antique on 2009/11/19 21:01:05
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo
And does the name start with PS?

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@AmiGame

No, and thats no bad thing.

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

As long as it's something worthy (faster, better, etc.) of replacing my trusty XE-G4 I will be happy.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

I think all A1 and sam users thinks the same.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo Quote:
I have a strong feeling that the next hardware offering will be a much more realistic bang/buck ratio.

That could of course mean it is still twice as expensive as a Sam440, but has 4 times the processing power! Would please some, but sadly not all (but then we know some people will never be satisified anyway!).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Yep,and they're probably not going to buy it even if they had it for $5.

X5000
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Antique

Sad, but true :/

Simon

Go to top

Register To Post