Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 136

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Colour Laser Printers that work with OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So... to recap...

I might be in the market for a printer to use both with my mac and my A1.

I am basically looking for a printer that supports postscript?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skov

Quote:

Skov wrote:
So... to recap...

I might be in the market for a printer to use both with my mac and my A1.

I am basically looking for a printer that supports postscript?

If you are looking for network printer, then postscript is the only choice I'm aware of.
Another option is too hook it to mac and share it. If you can share it as socket or lpd printer, then from amiga side it isaccessed in the same way as regular network printer. And in this case postscript is desired as well.

If you want to be able connect it physically to both machines: I have no idea how usb printers are supported under AOS4. Serial/parallel connection should work. I have no experienceto share for this case.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Jack

> If you want to be able connect it physically to both machines: I have no idea how usb printers are supported under AOS4. Serial/parallel connection should work. I have no experienceto share for this case.

I do something like that with my Canon i560, the Amiga One uses the parallel connection (it can use the USB too) and my Mac uses the USB connection (as it has no other connectors available). A pity as USB printing on the A1 works better than the parallel one which has issus with initialisation.

BTW. I would be interested in a laser that works undser OS4/Turboprint. I assume Turboprint is essential I have not come across any printer yet that can work well with the Amiga basic system. The inkjets use far too much ink even when you do not print that much or often

Bill.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

But you did not test the Xerox MFP under Linux Debian PPC for scanning, did you ? Even if it is not realy needed because of scan to FTP... (what I did with my brother to Amiga BTW)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the slow reply.

Thanks to all for the advise and help, I have decided to go with the ?Brother HL-4050CDN?. I will be getting it in a few weeks and hopefully will not have any trouble getting it working.

Now, next project, a LG W2053TQ-PF 20? Widescreen (16:9) 2ms LCD monitor.

Ciao and thanks for the help.

Trev Daley.

AmigaOneXE G4/800Mhz * 512Mb Ram * Radeon 9200SE * AOS4.1.1
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)