Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 94

remotenemesis, skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: NetSurf 2.1 released !
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@chris: just downloaded and checked shortly on my a4k/os4: typing into the forms the ssssaaaaammmeeeee problem like cap, and im using original tooth. then it wasnt able to display www.bahn.de correctly. crashed once. will later do more testing.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@wawa

bahn.de logged as bug#61 (probably nothing major, but don't have time to investigate it right now)

Keyboard issue - really confused on this. I don't have a OS4-running Classic to test it on. I might see if I can knock together a little 68k program to see if the same thing occurs. If you find out anything else please let me know.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

1. Good
2. Odd. Maybe quitting NetSurf and restarting it will also work? I'll put this down to libcurl being rubbish until I come up with a better explanation.
3. OK here, probably the same issue as amigaimpact.org. I'll check it with 2.1 in a minute to check the speed there (running both versions concurrently is impossible)
edit speed isn't much different in 2.1 - marginally slower perhaps, but I think the main reason is the density of stuff on that page.
4. If this problem occurs on a website out on the Internet, I'll need the URL and a test username/password. Email me privately.
5. Unable to reproduce.
6. Seen this on a few pages since the change to libpng for PNGs by default. I may well reconfigure my build to go back to using libmng for PNGs, as I never saw this problem until the change. If you can tell me which thread I may be able to work out which file is the problem and where the fault lies.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris: sorry i was not aware of this bugtracker. as for the keyboard bug it appears only inside a content of a page. no gui interaction is affected by that. i have been surfing around a little. most simple amiga pages render correctly and relatively fast. a1k.org has got a few gfx glitches it seems. on bild.de i got a crash after most of it was diplayed. i can imagine i just run out of mem, since its huge, but i havent seen that due to netsurf open on own screen. it usually works fine here up to 1680x1050 too. it could be a neat little thing soon.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Crhis
Sorry, cant fount any GUI prefs :) You mean context menu ? Anyway i cant found anythink about "resize window with contents". I also check netsurf.readme and netsurf.guide and found nothink about (i loose somethink like addition gui-prefs file for netsurf maybe ?)

And one more question, it is possible to set my own Fonts for netsurf somehow ?

ps. write it in netseurf 2.1, No problems with aabbccaa bugs (aos4.1 for me). If not do resizing, works ok looks like.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
Sorry, cant fount any GUI prefs :)

He means "Sys:Prefs/GUI". Then go to the Controls 'tab', look under the Miscellaneous heading, and you will find "Resize window with contents".

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Thanks. Indeed, it's solve the problem. Good, then Chris can fix it then ?:)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

6. this link and previous page. one the the avatar IMHO make on a shell some -> libpng error: Not a PNG file

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41671&page=6

sorry for nothing more but electricity just came some minuts ago

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@wawa

Quote:

wawa wrote:
@Chris: sorry i was not aware of this bugtracker.

Don't worry about it - I only logged it there so I wouldn't lose the crashlog.

Quote:
as for the keyboard bug it appears only inside a content of a page. no gui interaction is affected by that. i have been surfing around a little. most simple amiga pages render correctly and relatively fast. a1k.org has got a few gfx glitches it seems. on bild.de i got a crash after most of it was diplayed. i can imagine i just run out of mem, since its huge, but i havent seen that due to netsurf open on own screen. it usually works fine here up to 1680x1050 too. it could be a neat little thing soon.

Good to hear - I've not seen it running on OS4 Classic. I'll check bild.de when I get a minute.

Actually I'm wondering whether the keyboard issue is an OS4.0 thing - cap, are you running 4.0 or 4.1?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

And one more question, it is possible to set my own Fonts for netsurf somehow ?

Open Resources/Options in Notepad (there will be a GUI for this when I get round to it)
Look for the font_ options near the top of the file. They will all be set to Deja Vu something-or-other. Change them to whatever you like.

Quote:
If not do resizing, works ok looks like.

Good, that means I know what causes it. Not sure how to fix it yet.

Chris

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

thanks

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

I`m using OS 4.0 final.
I`ve also changed keyboards to make sure it wasn`t that.Still the same.

A1200 060/ppc Grex/Voodoo
OS 3.9

A1 G4/1Ghz born again thanks to Acube Systems.
OS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Cap

A-ha! Something must have changed between 4.0 and 4.1 then. I need to get my AmigaOne back together, and when I do I'll install 4.0 back on it so I can check this.

Logged as bug#62

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

That page doesn't contain any PNGs. If I do a complete save and load the files individually locally, they all open. Probably amiga.org is sending the wrong MIME type for a couple of files.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Have you tried the previous page of the thread ???

When reading the page, I think I remember no avatar for diegocr and next day, at job with IE, I have seen the diegocr avatar on IE (afaik).

I'm on the classic actually for some testings... but will check more during the 3 days the week-end.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@chris:
since now im testing 68k netsurf port in parallel i have got some comparison. both bahn.de and bild.de sites pose the same or similar problems to 68k sdl port. the only difference on 68k is that the problems do not lead to system lockup. therefore i suppose both are general netsurf issues and should perhaps if confirmed be handed over to the netsurf core dev team to fix.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@wawa

Please report them on the NetSurf mailing list or in the NetSurf bugtracker, as per the instructions on the NetSurf website.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)