Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmigaOne Questions
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well I got an answer from the seller about this CPU module:

Quote:
That particular board originally shipped with a 7451 CPU module and this is written on the label.

The 7451 CPU module is notorious for overheating and that is probably what happened to it. The dealer then replaced it with a 750GX CPU module instead. This is what I was told by the previous owner of the board.

The AmigaOne boards can be installed with any CPU module thanks to the common connector.

IMO it is great that this 750GX module is plugged on my mobo after all. You see this module got no overheating danger. Of course I am going to put the best available power supply and cooling system on the midi tower that will host the little lady. Will post photos.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is there any official web place that I can find gathered basic info about AmigaOne?

How can I upgrade UBoot? Is the upgrade way the same @ Sam and A1?

I guess that Uboot is a software feature having to do with OS 4.0 / 4.1 and not any kind of firmware stuff. Right?

Sorry about those beginner?s questions.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@CountRaven

It's the other way around, Uboot is the firmware for AmigaOne/MicroA1 and Sam computers.

More details here or there

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Swoop,

Silly question but, I can't find a program called showconfig in AOS4 or on OS4Depot, so, how do I do it, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks in advance.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Atheist

SYS:Utilities/ShowConfig

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Raziel,

Ahhhh, therein the problem lies, I don't have it in AOS4 prerelease 4. Thanks.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@CountRaven

Uboot is like the PC BIOS,

You don't need to update UBOOT, unless there is a bug in UBOOT, UBOOT is a where simple text based console, to configure interrupts and memory, keyboard, USB, HD, boot order/sequence for CDROM, HD, it also features diagnostics tools to check hardware for faults, boot arguments for Linux and so on.

UBOOT's main task is to configure the hardware, before any OS is loaded, so in reality it has where little to do whit the OS.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2009/3/19 0:20:31
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
The PCI supports 5V and 3.3V at 33MHz. It supports 66MHz too but only if you don't use the AGP slot, which is where your Radeon should go.

Can someone please confirm that the amigaOne board supports both voltages?

I want to test a PCI TV Card but I am afraid of damaging anything.

Edit: can someone also post what voltage is supported by the PCI of Samantha -not Flex- board?

Thanks

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@CountRaven

A 5 volt PCI card doesn't FIT in a slot it won't work in...

...unless you turn it around and plug it in BACKWARDS, with the slot cover facing AWAY from the backplane.

It physically won't fit unless you like, bend the metal tab on the slot cover part up and plug it in the wrong way 'round.

So just hold the card up to the PCI slot. If it plugs in the /right way/, with the back of the card at the back of the computer, it's the right voltage for the slot.

There's actually a warning in the Flex manual not to *turn a 5v card around* and plug it in.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

I would love to see some progress on the Catweasel drivers

At least, i'd like to see it on par with the linux versions
read&write...oh yeah

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

bump

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Arnie

I cant get my SIDs to work with VICE using my CW MK4, however the latest floppy driver (alpa/beta) works.. although rather slow, takes about 40 minutes to copy 800kb from disk to floppy, its faster when using the cwfloppy application to transfer an adf image to it tho..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

i cannot read or write anything with my CAT MK IV, on my AmigaONE OS4.1
Where is the problem?is the driver or i need to setting a mountlist?
can i try your alfa/beta drivers?
Thank you

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I noticed you were talking about Catweazel and Amigaone and i have bought and encountered similar problems.

I have catweazel markIv plus and the thing is that i did the following: i "bridged" the a1 floppy controller with catweazel white-black cable, i connected the CAt with the floppy and then unexpectedly the Os4.1 cannot be started! It freezes and the OS4.1 screen and the drive stays with light on!! If i change the cabling and plug it directly to the catweazel there is no response (light) ...the same thing is when i plug the floppy directly to the A1 floppy controller....:( So i think i never got to the point that i can set up the beta drivers...

Any ideas? Maybe i need the latest firmware update that Hyperion has posted on its website? Has anyone made that update ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Can anybody please answer to npanag's questions.

It seems that we got similar -if not the same- problems.

What is the current / correct method to connect the floppy with the Catweasel? Is there any way to test if it works under 4.1?

Is it possible for a floppy drive connected to cat to work as a native floppy drive under Amiga OS 4.1? I am not referring to read and write classic 68k Amiga Disks but to format, read and write disks under OS 4.1 for straight usage. For example to copy an image file to formatted floppy disk under OS 4.1. This disk will be later accessed by OS 4.1 under AmigaOne.

And what about classic Amiga Disks? Is there any way to access em under A1 / Os 4.1??? Are those beta / Alpha drivers available anywhere for test?

And yes I am still anxious about that Hyperion Update... Is it important to make it?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)