Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New Amiga Site... Help Needed
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi folks, basically I have a plan to create a new Amiga website, called something along the lines of Amiga Answers.com, a resource to offer technical tips and have a question-orientated layout split into categories.

For example there would be a hardware section so people can find out technical or basic Q&As on all Amiga hardware including classic and the new SAM boards, a software section and depending on how successful we become a for sale section with no registration neccessary along the lines of what Amibench used to be. I know there are other sites for this now but a registration-free site where people are willing to take the risk could be no bad thing in my opinion.

I am looking at people who may be interested in helping out in any way they can.
Because I am only poor unfortunately none of the work will be paid and I will not be making any profit from the site it would be run strictly off my own back with donations welcome

I am look at creating a visually impressive, serious site and aim to become the site which people refer to when they have a question and want a quick answer.

I am not looking to rival this site or any other Amiga forums out there since I think they are all great places for discussion and we don't need another one, hence there will be no forum.

It will strictly be questions and answers. There will be an E-Mail link of course where people can E-Mail if something is answered inaccurately.

SO what do you all think?

At the moment I am looking of course for people with technical Amiga knowledge, good web coders and people good at creating website graphics. My coding is very limited and my role would be to simply oversee the whole project, run the site and pay for the webspace.

So if anyone is interested then please reply to this thread rather than PM as I want to keep it in view for anyone who could help us.

Thanks Amigans.net!

Earthling's Computer Clearout

Amiga 1200: Powertower, E-Matrix 030/40MHz, 34Mb, 80Gb, OS 3.9
Go to top
Re: New Amiga Site... Help Needed
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@EARTHLING

I would love to see a website where you don't need to use the search function.
I' hope you'll find someone to do it.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Re: New Amiga Site... Help Needed
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Elwood

We now have people willing to help with hosting, graphics, coding and technical expertise but obviously the more people the better so if anyone would still like to help then send me a PM

Earthling's Computer Clearout

Amiga 1200: Powertower, E-Matrix 030/40MHz, 34Mb, 80Gb, OS 3.9
Go to top

Register To Post