Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Softhut, Toastscan and Mediator
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'm considering adding a ToastScan scan doubler and Mediator PCI to my newly purchased A4000T. Is Softhut still in business? Their site looks abandoned.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this hardware? Is it easy to install? Does it work as advertised? Are there any "gotchas" to work-around? Are there hardware/vendor alternatives I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Go to top
Re: Softhut, Toastscan and Mediator
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@IslandDreamer

Software Hut (aka softhut.com) is indeed still in business, But they are keeping their online catalog up to date.
I get replies to my orders though, with E-Mail from them. This is a fairly small, family run company. They are surely honest, just a bit slow these days.
They used to have a nice storefront business just outside of Westchester, PA, but they may have moved.
I doubt if they still have the flicker fixers. This is a real sore point for Amiga owners, since no SC/FF are being made right now. HOWEVER - I hear Jens is working on an AGA version, and a fellow from amiga.org is making a few by hand.
Good luck!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@motrucker

We are an official distributor for the forthcoming scandoubler which will be for the A4000T and A1200 only.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@motrucker

I've been trying to login to Software Hut for about a week without success. Does anyone know what's up?

Edited by tlm on 2008/6/6 1:01:26
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlm

Yeah, I've been trying the website, and also their emails are bouncing back too for a week or so.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@IslandDreamer

I tried a little while ago and got a message that their host server had been involved in a fire and explosion. They were hoping to be up today.

Go to top

Register To Post