Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 115

DiscreetFX, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Amiga 1200 - What to do with it?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I got my order from Amigakit.com today...fantastic job on packaging everything! I now have 3.1 ROMs, Workbench 3.1, PCMCIA CF adapter, and of course the OS4 mousepad. :) Sooo...do I need to install the 3.1 ROMs first, or will Workbench 3.1 need to be installed before doing anything else? I'm assuming I should install the ROMs first, but I just want to double-check.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks for the order- glad it arrived safely.

You can install either ROMs or Workbench first- it doesnt matter. If you have any problems, get in contact.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Install the roms first! SO you'll know that it works properly.. then make a CLEAN install of WB3.1, its safest..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Sauron wrote:
Hey all!

So, I've been sitting on an A1200 for the last 3 years.

Well son, that explains the tortured expression on your face. The QWERTY indentations on your rear will fade, over time...

As for what to do, I suggest you first give it a good clean. Three years is a long time and dust is thine enemy

There's a lot of fun you can have with this machine. I suggest getting OS3.9, a nice fast accelerator card and maybe even go for the whole tower conversion and fit a nice devilishly fast graphics card. This may cost a bit, but you could always sell your soul

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)