Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
230 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 230

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »
Re: CPU Module
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Swisso
@TMTisFree

Just a little gathering of information for us who still
waits for theit modules.

Which VCore are you running?
Which multiplier?

TMTisFree has a multiplier of 4.5, regarding his post.

Thanks a lot

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@Swisso
@TMTisFree

Just a little gathering of information for us who still
waits for theit modules.

Which VCore are you running?
Which multiplier?

TMTisFree has a multiplier of 4.5, regarding his post.

Swisso has his at 4.5x, 65-th post. Voltage should be the lowest the board can produce=1.34V.

Jack

Edited by Jack on 2007/8/4 20:42:57
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jack

Max has my CPU module now, thanks good it was not lost in transport

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jack

Ah, well, you are right

My memory, my age, you know

@LiveForIt

Good luck

Mine is ready to be sent back, just waiting for the eMail
with a tracking number

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@All

Got module from ACube (Max)!!!!! :worship:
Had some fight till got into uboot, now backing up the AOS4pre3 and preparing for install of os4final + july's update.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Jack

Got module from ACube (Max)!!!!!

Damn! How many years has it been?

Congrats!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

welcome back on the AOne bandwagon.

Paolo

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

Quote:
Got module from ACube (Max)!!!!! :worship:
Had some fight till got into uboot, now backing up the AOS4pre3 and preparing for install of os4final + july's update.

Thats great news. But what kind of CPU module did you have? I thought you couldnt get yours fixed because it was a G3?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Thats great news. But what kind of CPU module did you have? I thought you couldnt get yours fixed because it was a G3?

Typing this on aweb

22 months (yep, almost 3 years)

@jahc
The dead cpu was G4. Furter details on repair will follow when I'll chill down (if at all?)
Getting back to track.

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack
good news, I am glad it has fired up for you at last. I think you will find it a lot more reliable than the old CPU. Once you have settled down please let us know how cool the unit is running. Welcome back to our beloved world.

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

Welcome back!
I just installed OS4 myself yesterday (was on Update4 before, lack of time, etc).
Execpt a really long boot time (about 1 minute), things are flying.

Enjoy, now!

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

Congratulations Jack! I guess that makes for 2 working A1's in Israel again

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jack

I?m about pick up my CPU module, I will mount the computer to day, I hope can get it up and running.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Thread

The summary:
My module refused to work after replacing the cpu.
Somehow it appeared to have a single L3 cache chip, removal of the remainig chip and replacing things that can be easily replaced didn't help,
Then Max suggested a wonderful solution I was least expecting:
he offered me his spare 1GHz module instead of me staying with the dead 1.25GHz.
Thats what I'm running now (fitted a hipset cooler with arctic silver5 and quiet case fan).

The only glitch is: when I disconnect it from the AC, I must wait couple of minutes with battery outside, then reconnect ac, then batter and it boots again
(had a major heart attack until discovered the combination ).

Now catching up (os4+update replaced the prerelease3, installed cygnix, now going to get gvim and tunenet and mplayer).

Just a thought: how safe is udma on fixed board with network on?

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TMTisFree

Welcome back too

@LiveForIt

Good luck. Take it slowly, vcore etc...

@Ryncewind

10x

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Jack

Quote:
Just a thought: how safe is udma on fixed board with network on?

I guess you strapped the IRQ lines on the motherboard; I have done that fix on my computer and it has works whit out any problem for where long time, maybe 2-3 years (Well until my CPU died that is)

Before the IRQ fix, my computer locked up (when VIA686b chip UDMA and Ethernet combination), but now it does not.
(That if my new CPU works)

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

I guess you strapped the IRQ lines on the motherboard; I have done that fix on my computer and it has works whit out any problem for where long time, maybe 2-3 years (Well until my CPU died that is)

I Jean Jacques did the fix while the mobo was waiting for solutions to materialize.
So far no lockups. One new sfs partition started playing on me. Re-quick-formatted it and so far all's well. Except of the silent onboard sound(taken care of on other thread).

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Jack

@jahc
The dead cpu was G4. Further details on repair will follow when I'll chill down (if at all?)

I look forward to reading you report! Take a lot of deep breathes in the mean time!

I got a note from JJ at Amiga Center; my Uboot is on it's way back. I going to write a report on my 'summer slam' of A1 when I get it up and running again

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

I look forward to reading you report! Take a lot of deep breathes in the mean time!

It's great to be back in OS4-land
A bit over one day and all is set up (off course it did not took all the day, we are packing to move to new house now, so A1 is between the packings... ).
The ressurection was as follows:

1. Evening. Assembling the chipset cooler,

2. assembled the mobo in the case (ram/kbd/mouse and gfx only)

3. set up jumpers

4. power on: nada no signal!!! (if I wasn't short-haired, lots of hair would have been pulled out)

5. lot's of fiddling, removing AC/battery/refitting the cpu/crying out loud and suddenly a lovely picture: uboot scans for ide devices!!!

6. back to ram/kbs/mouse/gfx and HD: nop video!!!

7. a bit cooler now, I found the winning combunation: pull out the ac, and battery, wait couple of minutes, put AC back, make sure mobo is of (sometimes it turns itself on when replacing the AC back), put battery in and fire up!!!

8. uboot: set boot sequence to cd/hd (via) and amiga multiboot, enable all USB ports, savr, shutdown

9. connect dvd+cdrw, put AOS final cd, boot, backup the previous install (prerelease 3), reformat the SYS: partition with sfs, install,update,copy explicit "idetool -X ,,," stuf for each device into startup-sequence,

10. install abrowse, fiddel with kingcon, setup network, resolutions, goto sleep

11. move data to reformat all aos partitions with SFS (donation will come soon) and here we go!!!

12. While moving data: careful recreation of WBstartup/s:user-startup/install of last abrowse/cygnix and we are almost there
(really easy, no need to reinstall a thing except of newer versions, that's what is called AmigaOS-way)

13. onboard sound now works, tunenet/mplayer/failure to start up semonkey remotely on cygnix, mozilla works ok, sleep

14. installing SDK (right now)

15. insert "pack the house" between each two previous lines

Viva ACube
Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

Well done. Could we expect some wonderfull apps sometimes in the future?

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »