Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »
Re: Timberwolf!!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Another little glitch

It only saves two passwords for me, all the others are simply ignored, even if i have still set it to save them

edit: And if i haven't said it already, downloading files does not work at all

Edited by Raziel on 2012/2/18 23:17:10
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
I still can't seem to get Bookmarks working as standard,

Bookmarks worked OOTB for me..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
downloading files does not work at all

Downloads work nicely here on peg2 os4 u4

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
Here on Peg2@1131 Timberwolf was usable on some sites

Very usable imho on my peg2 g4 @1ghz.. slow relative to other boxes I have here but not bad at all. Actually booked a hotel on expedia and messed around on alot of heavy gfx sites.. Ebay works nicely too.. nfl.com was slow but worked.. Youtube comes up but couldnt play vid..

One thing that is bugging me is that the Extension/Add On panel has a bug so I cant disable the addons I installed??

Also, minimizing window crashed every time :(

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Magnetic

I'm also enjoying my Timberwolf experience.

You said that downloads worked OK for you. Is there anything special you had to do? When I click on a file to download in OS4depot, for example, nothing happens?

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I slowly get the impression that there might be font problems (bookmark and some other TW internal windows) related (maybe special chars?)
...and yes, i read the readme and followed the instructions.

Downloading does the same for me as for Trevor and lots of other people, i think, when clicking on a file (i.e. OS4Depot.net) nothing happens

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@Mrodfr
Quote:
EDIT: this page is allways at 100%, when scrolling with the wheel or when doing nothing.

Tools/Options/Advanced/General --> Browsing

UNcheck "use autoscrolling"
UNcheck "use smoothscrolling"

and presto, it will behave a lot snappier

It is faster, thanks...now it looks quite usable
After importing my bookmarks nothing can be seen in bookmark window but if I pull down url address field all of them can be highlighted using cursor keys. Its on fresh installed TW.

Download doesnt work, nothing happens. I cant change DL directory.
Its so close

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
hello,

Timberwolf isn't usable on my sam440ep 667 mhz.

load fine and open the about:home page. Nothing really on this page (not even a scrollbar).

100% CPU allways when timberwolf window is active. If I click on the WB screen, cpu fall the 0% CPU. and you can do this example lots of time.

I quit timberwolf and allways 100% CPU ??

Great work and beta version. Just the heavy CPU usage mean low user experience with low amiga-ng computer. IMHO, should be point1 to work for the next version.

MUI-OWB do the same with the same page with verry low CPU usage and quickly (or could not approach the Ibrowse speed).

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Trevor

Grr.. I was wrong downloading does not work for me either. I must have been mistaken.. even right click doesnt do anything..

Man that minimizing bug is killing me!

I find the scrolling totally acceptable, dont know why its not usable on sam systems??

And I do agree that the Alpha engine seemed faster but there is much more implemented know. With HW acceleration it would rock!

Also, very imporant is to fix the bug that doesnt let you disable add ons.. anyone know how to delete one manually?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
To delete the extensions go to :

/Timberwolf/CurrentUserProfile/.mozilla/firefox/Profiles/688dqj0p.default/extensions/
and delete all files except
{c36177c0-224a-11da-8cd6-0800200c9a91}.xpi

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Anyone else had problems connecting to sites with TW? When it tries to connect here, no other browser can connect anywhere either.
Let me explain:
I fire up OWB and opens pages fine. I fire up TW, it enters a couple of sites then it tries to connect to another and never succeeds. While it's trying to connect, OWB will not be able to access any page either. After I press the stop button at TW, OWB works fine again. I've done the font cache thing, recreated my internet connection, but nadda!
It must be some kind of software conflict I've not found yet, as it works fine on my other, clean partition with update 3.

Any ideas? Anyone had the same problem?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
**** BUG ****

If you download an Add-on a speech-bubble appears underneath the current tab with a progress bar in it. There is a Black outline around the bubble and a Black bar running across the top.

**** BUG ****

Add-ons Manager->click Search->enter a keyword->from Results select 'More...'

Page is not populated.

**** BUG ****

Add-ons Manager->click Search->enter a keyword

From results select sort by Name, Last update or Best Match. These three are broken, the listing isn't sorted and over time results also start disappearing one by one.

Additionally, from this state if you change the keyword and press Enter the Add-ons Manager gets stuck loading new search results.
The only way the user can continue making searches is to close the Add-ons Manager tab entirely and start again.

**** MISSING FUNCTIONALITY ****

Text Selection. It is not possible to double-click a word and have it become highlighted. Same is true for triple-click to highlight a sentence or a block of text.

**** BUG ****

In addition to the already known 1x1 window size problem these same windows open in the top-left corner as opposed to opening in the centre of the user's screen.

**** BUG ****

Snapshoting a window/Remembering the window size/position.
The size and position of the snapshotted window is miscalculated as the AmigaOS frame dimensions of the window on all sides (including the title bar) are not taken into account.

**** MISSING ****

In the menus. Menu items that open up a sub-menu are missing an icon to indicate that they are sub-menus; like a black polygon filled right arrow.

**** MISSING ****

Work Offline in the File Menu is missing a 'Tick' mark when this mode is enabled. This appears to be missing globally from all relevant menu items.

**** BUG ****

View Source of a page. This child window should inherit the position and size from its parent window.

Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:20:07
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:23:23
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:26:04
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:28:44
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:29:24
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:36:05
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:41:34
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:46:18
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:50:48
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:54:35
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 13:59:23
Edited by djrikki on 2012/2/19 14:01:01
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
posted with Timberwolf :)

So, I solved my problem by deleting some fonts from my dir. I've no idea how that was making TW unable to connect, but it worked. As a side effect, a problem I had with amicygnix freezing at shut-down is eliminated as well. I assume there must have been some corrupted font in my dir (?)

All's good now though!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Vulture wrote:

So, I solved my problem by deleting some fonts from my dir.
Can you tell us which fonts you had to delete, please?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all

Spectre660 found that bookmarks work if TW is on SFS partition and don't on JXFS so try it out!

It works for me

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nbache

Sure, I'll check it out an bb to you

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'm using adblock plus and each time I start timberwolf I need to add filters to the list, it isn't saved. Anyone else noticing this?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Almost every website I went through came up with a security warning certificate asking to add an expectation got so annoying in the end, I gave up using timberwolf. Also why is the beta slower at loading then the alpha version? Had to revert back to the alpha.

( I am fully aware its very early days yet )

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

magic wrote:
Also why is the beta slower at loading then the alpha version? Had to revert back to the alpha.

the alpha was for firefox 3.5, the beta for firefox 4, takes longer to load on all platforms as there is more to it, so OS4 wont be any different

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I got DSI crash on exiting the browser, plus an invalidated volume after reseting the OS. I saw that a recurrent DSI error couldn`t boot to WB, so I had to start with skipping the SS in order to validate the TW volume first.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »