Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
234 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 234

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 11 »
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig 3.0 on aos4, version #2
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Yep, plz not delete the file (to allow Yannick get it). About icon for main folder, why not, i will include it for next os4releases.

Right now i trying to add mouse-whell support ot amifig (on os4 its different , and not like on aros/os3). Good that i do it before and it will be easy for now (i hope)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

You can do it now, as AmiFIG is just in upload queued, as we need to update the catalog why not update also the main folder ? ...

Yes, don't worry i don't delete files

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

I think it will annoy os4depot admins already (to reupload 3 times in 10 minuts the same archive :) ). Better to collect stuff now for the next version (where i will add mouse wheel support and alt). Maybe also Xenic will help us to solve these 2 problems with zoom window and loosing decorations on custom screen.

ps. i sended new italian catalog to Yannick by mail for now.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ok, it was only to avoid any forget

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

@Xenic
I prepare for now archive (in which i also add few of my fixes) and will send it to Yannick right now (all the changes are in that new released version already).

For now i see 2 problems related to aos4:

1. For public screen Zoom window do not works. It works before (if i remember right in some old revisions, but not right now). Dunno why it happenes, but maybe you can invistigate where is problem ?

2. For the custom screen, AmiFIg loose all the decorations. I.e. for example i use SilverGreen theme, and while i use AmiFig on public screen, it works fine (with all those nice menus and top bars from theme), but i i choice to use AmiFig on custom screen, then it start to be like old, aos3 looks. Looks like something wrong with initialising of screen at all. Maybe you also can found why it like that, and how to make it works as should (with all that themes setup as all other apps on os4 do).

Please be careful with changes. The files I sent to you were based on the previous repository code. If my changes are added, it may remove Yannick's changes. My u_redraw.c changes may be unnessary since Yannick seems to have found a smaller and easier fix. Only the Creadir() changes I made in file.c and win_print.c are still needed. The LocaleBase change in intui.c I made in order for AmiFIG to compile is in question. Does AmiFIG compile with the use of "LocaleBase" instead of "Library" compile and work for you?

1. The Zoom appears to be working here.
2. If you use custom screen and add it to the SYS:Prefs/Screens list with GUI and Palette set to "Like WorkBench" AmiFIG will have OS4 appearance on it's own screen. Eventually someone may find a way to have AmiFIG open on an OS4 type screen on it's own.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Quote:

Please be careful with changes. The files I sent to you were based on the previous repository code. If my changes are added, it may remove Yannick's changes. My u_redraw.c changes may be unnessary since Yannick seems to have found a smaller and easier fix.

Yep, i not send for him u_redraw.c , because he fix it yesterday himself.

Quote:

The LocaleBase change in intui.c I made in order for AmiFIG to compile is in question. Does AmiFIG compile with the use of "LocaleBase" instead of "Library" compile and work for you?

For me it works with my previous changes , and with you new changes. So i just send your file.

Quote:

1. The Zoom appears to be working here.

Hm ! For me it works only on custom screen. On public screen it alway say "cant open zoom window". Maybe we have different depth for wb ? (i have 32 for now if i remember right, cant check).

Do we talk about Zoom window ? (not zooming by buttons, but calling of zoom window, which will spawns and show for you zooming areas).

Quote:

2. If you use custom screen and add it to the SYS:Prefs/Screens list with GUI and Palette set to "Like WorkBench" AmiFIG will have OS4 appearance on it's own screen. Eventually someone may find a way to have AmiFIG open on an OS4 type screen on it's own.

A bit annoing .. If othder programm spawn a custom screen without any user-action in prefs/screen, and spawns with all the stuff, then it possible by code to do it as well .. I just think that maybe you know how to open that "os4 native screen" by the code :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Initial steps with AmiFig on aos4, version #6
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Quick test (158.2):

I have instant Guru when I click T from the toolbar and try to write something in the project window.

Resizing project window, even empty (AntiAliasing ON): huge slowdown for several seconds of the whole system, when AA is OFF resizing is very fast.

Drawing (AA ON, custom screen) is OK, (AA ON, WB screen) sometimes freezes whole system. When AA is OFF no freezes at all.

To edit settings I have to move pointer on the menu twice. First time nothing happens.

Anyway, its getting better and better. Good luck!

EDIT: Zoom window works on custom screen not on WB screen.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2
Did you have requtools.library ? (it uses for text typing). And also of course better to have aos4.1 update 2 (to avoid any problems with system itself).

Abount AA, i not tested it deeply, but you right, for now i also have freeze when AA is enabled.

Quote:

Zoom window works on custom screen not on WB screen.

Yep, the same for me. Strange that it works for Xenic (or maybe he missunderstood window-zoom with zooming at all).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Reqtools.library 39.3 and update 2 installed. WB: 1920x1200 ARGB32.

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2

Did you have GR spawned ? (if so, maybe you can check stack trace).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

PM sent. Is it enough (only first part of the crash log)?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mr2

Why not use OS4Depot crashlog facility it will help trace problems.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mr2
Yep, lets use os4depot crashlog facility (btw, i do not recieve any pm from you)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Forgot to add subject...
Will do new crashlog later this evening and submit it in the OS4Depot, I have to go now....

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Yes, I misunderstood. I thought you were referring the zoom window gadget for shrinking or expanding the window. I'll take a look at the zoom as soon as I get a chance.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

Do we talk about Zoom window ? (not zooming by buttons, but calling of zoom window, which will spawns and show for you zooming areas).

We weren't talking about the same zoom window but I looked at the zoom window you're referring to and think I found a simple fix.
Comment out line line #139 in the win_zoom.c file like this:

// WA_PubScreenName, "AmiFIG",

The screen is already given in the NewScreen structure several lines above the one to comment out. The TAG is redundant, overrides the screen given in the NewScreen structure and causes the system to look for a screen named "AmiFIG" which doesn't exist unless you open AmiFIG on it's own screen.

Can you fix it with the information above or do I need to send you the file?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic

Thanks ! Yannick fix it in SVN already, i will try to build new version later to see if it works.

Maybe have any ideas about "how spawn custom screen with all current os4 decorations" ? For example, even if you not choice any screenmode, but pressing on "use custom screen", you will have a window with words "mode was not defined, so, lets clone WB screen". And that cloning also loose "theme".

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Maybe have any ideas about "how spawn custom screen with all current os4 decorations"?

SA_LikeWorkbench, TRUE does not do the job?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@trixie
Quote:
SA_LikeWorkbench, TRUE does not do the job?

As a matter of fact it does. Good catch.

@kas1e
If you add "SA_LikeWorkbench, TRUE" at the bottom of the taglist for the screen opening it does give you an OS4 WorkBench appearance.
In the file intui.c just below line 288 add:

#ifdef __amigaos4__
SA_LikeWorkbench, TRUE,
#endif

If WorkBench cloning works on AROS & MOS the "ifdef-endif" lines may not be necessary. You'll notice in the code that if the initial screen opening fails the program will attempt to open the screen by cloning all the WorkBench settings. That gives the same colors, font etc. but on an old style screen. I'm not sure why it was done that way but the original author must have had his reasons.

Note on the Zoom window:
I've noticed that if AmiFig is opened on a screen with resolution less than 1024x768 the Zoom window is opened partially off-screen or completely offscreen in 640x480 resolution. I don't think that's a major concern since nobody is likely to be using low-res screens but it's something to be aware of and might be worth looking at after all more serious issues are solved.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@xenic, trixie

Yeah ! I put SA_LikeWorkbench, TRUE, to the new mode fucntions, and to the cloning function, and it works as should.

Also WA_PubScreenName, "AmiFIG" stuff in win_zoom did the trick, and zoom window works well too ! Nice !

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 11 »