Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 143

amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »
Re: Next Update - Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean
I've got the latest version installed (86.54). The Internt Radio Scan function is nice, but I found a problem: If I tell it to scan for 1000 stations (even more would be nice!), works wonderfully. If I close & reopen TuneNet, the list of 1000 stations has disappeared, as I only have 40 to look at

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@bean

Quote:
Hmm, looks like I might have to put in a larger audio buffer for slower machines. I can only suggest using playback set to "simple" from the preferences for the moment - that should bypass most of the Audio mixing (which might help a little).

You might have a point there, as I get choppy sound on my SAM but not on my AmigaOne. On the A1 when it went wrong it went really wrong though and I had to stop and restart the track. On the SAM it just cuts out for a second.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@bean

I just tried "Simple" on my 4000t -- still seeing same issue. :(. It definitely has do with system loading -- if I try to load a webpage and move windows around at the same time, etc..this is when it gets bad. In the case of AmigaAMP, audio would just cut out and when audio comes back, it is still clear.

It is a 200MHz PPC / OS4.0 latest, etc. using Paula audio.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

I installed TuneNet V0.86.54 - June 09 about an hour ago. Working very well with my system. Using the basic GUI and MP3 for now.

It has been awhile since I last used TuneNet, because I was having network issues if I ran TuneNet to listen to internet radio while I was using AWeb to surf the internet. Eventually, AWeb would GR and the network connection would drop.

This latest version works fine with AWeb and OWB 3.15.

Thanks very much.

---
redfox
MicroA1 + AmigaOS 4.1 and all public QuickFixes for AmigaOne

Go to top
Re: Update - V86.54 Test Release Available (louder)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Thanks for jumping back into TuneNet!

I see TuneNet appears to open at least a few ARexx ports -
"TuneNet", "TuneNetR" and even "AmigaAMP"(!!).

Would it be possible if you could post some docs on
what commands TuneNet accepts (and where)?

I'd really like to put an ARexx script together to control
TuneNet from my multimedia keyboard and I'm hoping it
has the typical commands for play, track & volume
control.

THANKS again,

PJS

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Good suggestion - I'll add it to the list to save the radio list on exit, and keep it valid for at least a day or so (so that it doesn't go out of date).

@Chris

I'll look at the break up problems and see what I can do. Does this occur in both AHI User Mode and AHI Device Mode?

@Redfox

TuneNet has had a major internal change (especially the spawned process management) and should be much more stable than before. Still more work to finish off though.

@Tuxedo,

Additional radio format support is down to Plugins and some additional changes I need to do within TuneNet. The later is comming.

@All,

Is the volume on par with other Audio Apps now?

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Re: Update - V86.54 Test Release Available (louder)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@pjs

There are no ARexx ports yet, what you are seeing are Tasks running. (The AmigaAmp one allows the AmigaAmp scopes to work with TuneNet).

In the mean time you can control TuneNet in the following way:

1/ Launch TuneNet (from Workbench, or in daemon mode from CLI (tunenet -daemon).

2/ Then launch the TuneNet execuable again from CLI with one of the following parameters.

-stoptune Stop the current tune
-restarttune restart the current tune
-pausetune Pause toggle
-addtune Add tune without playing
-nexttune Next tune in playlist
-prevtune Previous tune in playlist
-nexttrack Next track (sub-song)
-prevtrack Previous track (sub-song)
-quit Kill TuneNet Processes

... you'll see that instead of launching Two TuneNet's the second one will control the 1st.

Anyway, type TuneNet ? from the command line to see a full list of options. You should be able to program your multimedia keys like this, for basic functions, until I get an ARexx port in place.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean

I tested it early on today. Ooodles of volume, had to turn my speakers down

I got a couple of GR on start up though bumped the stack by 10k and they went away. So the icon stack could possible do with increasing a touch. Needs about 80k here.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

-- snip --

Update ...

As per my first post, everything seemed to be going fine for the first hour after I installed TuneNet 86.54.

However, I have encountered several system freezes since that time. At first I thought it was TuneNet and AWebPPC interacting with each other. I found that my system would sometimes freeze up solid if I launched TuneNet, selected internet radio, picked a radio station and then launched AWebPPC after the music started. I would not get the AWebPPC splash window or the AWebPPC main window. Instead, the music would stop and my system would freeze if I moved the mouse.

Then, after a few more freeze-ups, it suddenly worked fine again.

I powered off my machine, ate supper, powered up again, launched TuneNet and the system froze up solid. I think it might have occurred while scanning radio stations. No AWebPPC this time.

Then I noticed that my son was using his PS3 to play an online game and the laptop to lookup stuff on the internet while he was waiting for some action. The PS3, laptop and my MicroA1 all share the same router and ADSL connection to the internet. I suspect some kind of timing issue or response time out issue when all three are in use. Not sure if he was online before supper.

Enough troubleshooting for tonight.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2009/6/29 2:36:58
Edited by redfox on 2009/6/29 3:30:50
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@bean

Quote:
What version of the MP3 encoder did you have installed?

1.4 (10.12.06)

I don't know why unused encoder could cause any trouble so maybe it was only coincidence.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@redfox,

Regarding the solid freezes I really don't know what to suggest. I'll need some kind of Crash log to understand what is going on. Certainly it's something I can't reproduce.

After it next crashes soft reboot and type C:dumpdebugbuffer > ram:debug.log and PM me the debug.log file (it creates in ram).

Also please make sure you only have the standard plugins installed (remove all old ones whilst testing). Test after a hard reboot only.

Thanks
Bean.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@bean

No have any crashlogs for you right now, but my expirience with 8654 on peg2/os4.1:

1. Frize from first time when try to play mp3. Before OWB was loaded and directory opus. Then i just run new tunenet, open mp3, press play - freeze of all the os

2. reboot, run tunenet only, then try to play with "radio". Just do some resizing, jump from station to station (i think 10-20 times) => freeze of whole os :)

Very possible that it's somethink wrong was added for "play" routine and becouse of it it was the same freeze on 2 different thinks (visually, by coding part i think it's the same fucntion ?). With 8650 (which i use before) - no problems at all. I can load tons of progs, etc , etc.

I will try to test it more deeply ..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I've found 3 bugs, one with the station list (whose methods changed in 0.86.54), one to do with messages collection (which might be the cause of the freezes), and another to do with the SkinFX playlist. I'll put another test release up later in the week.

Cheers
Bean.

Update

I've fixed all 3 issues and am currently testing it. I hope to have a new release for tomorrow.

Edited by bean on 2009/7/1 1:05:55
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@bean

I sent two PMs. Sorry, forgot to attach debug.log to first one, so it should be on the 2nd PM. This is a system freeze with TuneNet playing an internet radio station and system freezes shortly after starting AWebPPC. Got an AWeb window this time but system froze shortly afterwards.

If I see another system freeze with only TuneNet running, I will capture that as well.

---
redfox

Update ...
I also got a system freeze using IBrowse instead of AWebPPC.

Update ...
Upon further testing, it seems that I may have been picking an internet radio station that takes a long time to lock on station. I was using the same one each time. So, I picked another station further down the list and it seems to work just fine. I can listen to music and browse the internet at the same time with AWebPPC or IBrowse or OWB 3.15 or NetSurf.

Edited by redfox on 2009/6/30 4:15:12
Edited by redfox on 2009/6/30 4:16:03
Edited by redfox on 2009/6/30 4:46:17
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Damn, no bugs to report, aren't you lucky.

Low volume problem is gone.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Any plan to made TuneNet a CD player with cddb support?

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Tuxedo

No. At the moment I just want to get it fully stable and cleaned up. Then I'll think about expanding it, however, that said you can play CD tracks using the AIFF player, but of course there is no CDDB support.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

yes, naturally i know about AIFF player...
You're right! Firstly cleanup and made TuneNET a perfect program than add many fetures :)

GOOD WORK!

TuneNET was one of the TOP TEN AmigaOS4 programs for me!

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@redfox

Please can you try this new exe and let me know if it is any better.

http://www.tunenet.co.uk/downloads/tn8660.lha

V0.86.60 - 1st July 09
* Fixed issues with sequence of message replies.
* Fixed textual crash bug with the SkinFX ListBrowser gadget.
* Radio scanning was broken and could cause Reaction crashes.

Cheers,
Bean.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Cheers Bean, not that I've had any problems with tunenet I'll download it now

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »