Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 10 »
Re: OS4 Classic GFX-problems..
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre

from you:
Quote:

edit what to make it boot to aga ?

from @Rogue
Quote:

You might want to try to boot without pcigraphics.card into an AGA mode.

I dunno what pcigraphics.card is, if it is a kickstartmodule
you might want to commetn it out from Kickstart/Kicklayout,
if it is the monitor drivers which resides in Devs/monitors
simply remove it from there...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

pcigraphics.card is the resident Picasso96 monitor for graphics cards plugged into the PCI bus. Removing it will disable all attempts to use a Voodoo.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Just to make sure, you did NOT install any Elbox files over this? It's just plain AmigaOS 4.0 base install plus the update? No other files?

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

Yes only amiga os files no elbox ..

To use aga i simple comment the kicklayout file and comment the pcigraphic.card right ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:
To use aga i simple comment the kicklayout file and comment the pcigraphic.card right ?

Exactly.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

Thanks

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

I did it but with no luck.. here what i did :

1) Swapped from Voodoo 3 2000 to Voodoo 3 3000, booted with the same setting and nothing ..

2) I commented the line about the pcigraphics.card. switched off the computer for about 1 minute then switched on.. it booted and then the same problem..

3) The system booted in AGA with floppy and the CD..

4) tried to comment all the graphic board model in kicklayout leaving uncomment only the pcigraphic.card and voodoo .. nothing same problem..

Any idea ?

What components in the kicklayout did you change to solve the graphics corruption ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Have you tried with NO PCI card except for a Voodoo3 ?

And what are the jumper settings on your Mediator ?

ANy PCMCIA device attached ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@SimplePPC

I have tried with only pci graphic card and voodoo..

For the Jumper settings i have left the jumper as they were in the os 3.x with the elbox driver.. with this setting i can boot amiga os classic..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

cought, cought! .. my suggestion is still valid nubechecorre! do you remember in that Bill Murray' movie ..." baby steps"

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Framiga

Yes, i' ll do it

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Humor me and please look at the jumpers, can you also send me that log that you sent to Hansjoerg ?

I have a mediator system myself, did test a lot of stuff, and who knows i might know more,

also provide detailed specs of your system.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@SimplePPC

OK, thanks

Could you send me your mail address via pm ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Is your AGA output connected at the same time as you are booting with the graphics card? Is there something on the AGA screen? Have you tried to press both mouse buttons to get into early startup menu?

Do you have a floppy drive? If yes, is it correctly recognized by AmigaOS 4? If not, did you load the floppy fix kernel module?

Also, can you post your C:bootloader line from the startup-sequence?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@RogueThe AGA is connected to a PAL TV togheter with the graphic card ( graphic card on monitor.. )If i press the mouse button when i switch on the amiga 1200 i get the early startup-menu..
The floppy works under amiga os 4.0 ( classic version not update as i cannot try it.. ) if i enable the floppy fix..
What do you means by : Quote:
" Also, can you post your C:bootloader line from the startup-sequence?"

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:
nubechecorre wrote:

If i press the mouse button when i switch on the amiga 1200 i get the early startup-menu..

Does this still work once AmigaOS 4.0 has loaded?

Quote:
The floppy works under amiga os 4.0 ( classic version not update as i cannot try it.. ) if i enable the floppy fix..

So you don't get anything like a requester telling you that df0: has a read/write error?

Quote:
What do you means by : Quote:
" Also, can you post your C:bootloader line from the startup-sequence?"
[/quote]

I mean, there is a line near the top of your startup-sequence that says something like

C/BootLoader

There might be other command line options behind this, I would like to know what if any.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:
Does this still work once AmigaOS 4.0 has loaded?

I haven' tried as after installing the update i cannot run the system anymore.. but before with classic installation after loading os4, if i press the 2 mousebutton i have the early startup menu displaying in the monitor ( not tv )

Quote:
So you don't get anything like a requester telling you that df0: has a read/write error?

I only get a requester telling that df0: has a read/write error after disabling the pcigraphic.card in kicklayout and try to booting with aga from the cd and floppy ( because the normal boot won't boot even with aga ). But ejecting and reinsterting the floppy solved the error and requester went away..

Quote:
I mean, there is a line near the top of your startup-sequence that says something like

C/BootLoader

There might be other command line options behind this, I would like to know what if any.

I' ll check and i tell you

Thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:

But ejecting and reinsterting the floppy solved the error and requester went away..

Did you try whether this works when you are booting *with* pcigraphics.card? I.e. that there is a problem with the floppy and you need to eject and re-insert the floppy?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

Sometimes it didn't recognize the floppy and i have to switch off and switch on the computer and then i " see " the floppy disk and booted from floppy instead the hard disk.. and in this case it didn't show up requester with errors or similar..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

That doesn't really answer my question.
Can you completely remove the floppy drive (disconnect the cable) and see that you don't load the floppy fix kickstart module? I want to be sure that there is nothing in it that stops the startup.

Also, please try to hold both mouse buttons when AmigaOS 4 has loaded, just to see whether the early startup menu comes up.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 10 »