Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: List of wanted Software
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Pinball rules!

Visual Pinball is not portable, it's 100% Windows application. Direct3D, Visual Basic and so on. Somebody would need to rewrite the rendering engine, GUI, scripting systems, everything. There is no Linux port as far as I know.

Emilia is another open source pinball but it hasn't been developed very actively. I tried it on a Linux box a year ago and based on that, better stick to Amiga classic flippers, unfortunately. The available tables were quite boring. But it's the only portable option from open source.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Capehill

Hi Capehill!

Thanks for the reply. Agree that pinball rules!

Found a game called Linball written using C + SDL libraries. Works on Linux. Would this one be portable you think? Just curious. Thanks in advance for reply.

Here is the link:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/linball/

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Without checking the source (it's rotting in some ancient CVS repo!) it sounds portable but according to the project page status is "alpha". You can find some videos on Youtube.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@benny

Nope, I've given up with that now. I'll have to think other solutions at some point, but if someone really needs it, please contact me privately.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jPV

Do i understand correctly that you wrote OS4 software, submitted this to A-EON for placement in the store and nothing happend.... and this is about a year ago??

I hope you did get an explenation why and/or how....

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Skateman

Yes, or actually this has been the case for three years already. I tried to submit my first program for xmas 2017. At first the communication seemed to work and promises were made, but then it faded and it's been harder and harder to get replies, and now nothing for a long time. At one point it was explained that it got under other work, I think it was around the a.org rebuild, or so... This just seems to be too hard and I don't know if I even want them there anymore if offered... what would happen with updates etc? It's just better to look elsewhere now, even though the original idea was to support this ecosystem too and to get at least some compensation for my hard coding work.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jPV

This is bizarre. I guess somewhere down the line something must have gone horribly wrong. We are in desperate need of developers like you. The software you make under the RNO label looks good and works fine. Please dont give up yet. I just made you a small donation. Hope this AmiStore issue gets picked up by the right people.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Capehill

Quote:

Pinball rules!

Ohh YESSS :)

@AmigaOldskooler

Quote:

Found a game called Linball written using C + SDL libraries. Works on Linux. Would this one be portable you think? Just curious. Thanks in advance for reply.

Here is the link:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/linball/

I have this Game here in my porting dir and it seems* to work

Resized Image

* It's a version from ­2010 and i haven't looked at it for about 10 years. So gimmi some time to test. At the moment i cannot say what was wrong 10 years ago... I'll upload soon a beta to a file-service or if everything seems to be ok a version directly to OS4Depot.

Edited by IamSONIC on 2020/10/28 20:54:43
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Skateman

Thanks!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@IamSONIC

There are alot of pinball software out there that i find extremely interesting, don't know how portable they are. I think there are versions for linux but they might have crossed to the dark side... (it was included in the mame source code for a while IIRC) those that i'm thinking about is visual pinball 10+ and a couple of offshots (pinball fx) is one. Vpb has ~100 of grade AAA pinballs from all the greats of pinballing.

@jPV hope it get's resolved, on windows i used a id3 editor for all my music collection, it was builtin to mediamonkey... the perfect program if you have a large collection of audio cd's etc.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Edited by khayoz on 2021/3/6 17:54:02
1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The pinball game "Space Cadet" was ported to MorphOS a while ago. I really like this game and wondered if it is possible to compile it for AmigaOS 4.x as well? The readme says it need SDL2 and SDL2 Mixer?

https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1688897

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
HI

I rediscovered the UHC-GUI when installing the new system - the topic of UHC has been discussed here.
A graphical frontend to UHC.I can't find a new update, but what I'm using may inspire someone to create new versions for AOS4.
Someone may ask what it gives us ?
Access to aminet resources, os4depot .... WHDload. Everything from one window

UHC GUI https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=109949

Edited by smarkusg on 2024/1/28 9:09:26
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)