Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »
Re: Post-Update 6 updates
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
...so, PCI-E 1x is supported in Sam460,now

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I really like the new update delivery. It's become some sort of an exciting game, checking for updates (and quite often finding some)! Maybe a small thing for some but for me, AmigaOS4 has definitely received a fun-factor boost.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

trixie wrote:
I really like the new update delivery. It's become some sort of an exciting game, checking for updates (and quite often finding some)! Maybe a small thing for some but for me, AmigaOS4 has definitely received a fun-factor boost.

+1!

Please, no more spoilers about new updates...

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ trixie

+ 1, but that's been the case for me ever since I bought OS4.1 but now that it's an official AmigaOS component it's somehow that much cooler to get updates

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
*I'm pasting this post that I made at another location because I don't like paraphrasing myself for three different forums:*

Thanks for the update to the kernel to allow PCIe use!

I wanted to post my experiences:

Envy24DT based PCIe sound card: Now Workbench does not lock when the card is inserted and the driver (Envy24HT) is loaded into AHI. The system behaves like the audio is working but nothing comes out of the card (which works fine in my linux box). As an example, TuneNet will play a song, showing the bouncing level meters and everything but audio does not come out of the card.

I believe the Envy24HT driver does not work properly with cards based on Envy24DT chips. I wonder if the driver can be updated as these Envy24DT chips can be a very inexpensive alternative to the SAM460ex onboard audio.

The other experience I had was with the Startech "PEX1PCI1" PCIe to PCI bridge adapter card. This card does not work at all with a CMI 8738 sound card that I tried and with a 3Com Prism2 Wireless adapter card. The sound card cause programs to stop responding, and the Prism2 card caused the WiFi signal monitor to completely lock the machine as soon as it was executed.

I also tried the Sii3512 card with this Startech bridge card and the system did not recognize the Sii card to boot from it.

PCIe to PCI bridge that didn't work

PCIe sound card that ALMOST works..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Have you checked with the author (daveae) maybe he knows what can be the problem.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
rtg.library has been updated to v53.30

Quote:
Changed many Semaphores to Mutexes for maximum speed
Added AltiVec optimized X1000 VRAM copy routines
Fixed X1000 shadow corruption problem
Fixed Alert() corruption problem
Fixed VERTB emulation on Sam platforms

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Oh no not again, now I need to revert back to old AmiUpdate.
Now who leaked that I did not like shadow corruption?

Edited by LiveForIt on 2012/12/22 9:49:04
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Never mind, I added the update server to my hosts file so it can be reached for now.

Edited by Thematic on 2012/12/22 1:32:33
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Are there any updates specifically for MicroA1? At this time I don't want to install stuff that is for other platforms.

As it is right now, I am getting occasional GR 80000003 DSI on ahi.device shortly after power-up. This is a new problem since I installed Update 6.

Not sure if I am launching my first program too soon after power-up or if it something else. When it occurs it seems to happen when I launch my first program (has happened with OWB and Final Writer 97).

redfox

Edited by redfox on 2012/12/22 17:42:02
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yesterday I updated directly to AmiUpdate 2.26 and used AmiUpdate to download new versions of Ranger and AmiDock.

Today, I updated to AmiUpdate 2.27 ... will download some other stuff over the next few days after I change some preferences settings. Right now, my preferences appear to be set up to allow AmiUpdate to download the files I request but not install or backup anything. I would like to be able to control what I download but also move old files to the rollback drawer. The updates to AmiUpdate itself did work as expected and the earlier files were moved to the rollback drawer. However the update to AmiDock and Ranger did not move the old files to the rollback drawer. I had to do manual install and forgot to save the old files.

Update...
Easier than I thought. I used "Allow automatic updates" and selected the following updates from the list.
Find tool
System Kernal
PCIGraphics.card
Input preferences program
RTG shared library
workbench.library
As expected, AmiUpdate downloaded and installed these system files and moved the old files to the rollback drawer.

Update... oh ... looks like it did not backup the old copy of Find tool, but did backup all the others.

I will stop there and let my system soak for a few days make sure everything else is stable before I go further.

redfox

Edited by redfox on 2012/12/26 16:55:19
Edited by redfox on 2012/12/26 17:22:51
Edited by redfox on 2012/12/26 17:29:46
Edited by redfox on 2012/12/26 17:35:30
Edited by redfox on 2012/12/26 18:02:09
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Clever, 'init? :)

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Very very clever! You my man are owed a very big drink. If I get ANT in 2013 I will buy you it!

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Carefull, that could be more costly than you think :)

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

graffias79 wrote:
*I'm pasting this post that I made at another location because I don't like paraphrasing myself for three different forums:*

Thanks for the update to the kernel to allow PCIe use!

I wanted to post my experiences:

Envy24DT based PCIe sound card: Now Workbench does not lock when the card is inserted and the driver (Envy24HT) is loaded into AHI. The system behaves like the audio is working but nothing comes out of the card (which works fine in my linux box). As an example, TuneNet will play a song, showing the bouncing level meters and everything but audio does not come out of the card.

I believe the Envy24HT driver does not work properly with cards based on Envy24DT chips. I wonder if the driver can be updated as these Envy24DT chips can be a very inexpensive alternative to the SAM460ex onboard audio.

You are probably right about the driver not being able to support that particular chip. The driver was developed for the old PCI cards, and you're the first to try out a PCI-Express version.

EDIT: I just looked at the card that you tried, and it is actually a PCI sound card with a built-in PCI-to-PCIe bridge (just like the PCI Radeon HD cards). It's an ASM1083. So, there could still be an issue with using PCI-to-PCIe bridges with anything other than Radeon HD cards.

Quote:
The other experience I had was with the Startech "PEX1PCI1" PCIe to PCI bridge adapter card. This card does not work at all with a CMI 8738 sound card that I tried and with a 3Com Prism2 Wireless adapter card. The sound card cause programs to stop responding, and the Prism2 card caused the WiFi signal monitor to completely lock the machine as soon as it was executed.

I don't know why they call it "PEX...", as it uses a Pericom chip. Try to find one based on the PEX 8112 chip, as that is what the Radeon HD PCI cards use.

Having said that, the Pericom chip should work too, as it's based on the same standard (i.e., simple setup is identical). Maybe UBoot isn't initialising the cards behind the bridge properly. Could you start a new thread about this, and post a screengrab of ranger showing the details for the sound card and/or wifi adaptor behind the bridge?

Quote:
I also tried the Sii3512 card with this Startech bridge card and the system did not recognize the Sii card to boot from it.

UBoot may simply not know how to deal with an Sii 3512 behind a PCI-to-PCIe bridge. Does the Sii3512 work under AmigaOS?

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Hans,

Interesting thoughts. I will post my findings to a new thread. The Sil3512 came with my AmigaOne 500 system. It works beautifully in the PCI slot, and is recognized as a boot device by UBoot.

About the driver for the Envy24HT not recognizing the Envy24DT chip; I noticed on the box for the sound card it says that the chip used is the VIA VT1723, but ranger is picking up the device and calling it VT1720/24. Oddly it is giving a device number of "0x1724". (or at least that's what the system thinks)

Anyway please see my other thread regarding this subject.

Thanks,
Jamie

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
ATIRadeon.chip has been updated to 53.26.

Quote:

Set maximum allowable bitmap to 2048x2048.
Fixed rendering bug when compositing bitmaps with a 2048 dimension.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
The server of AmigaOs don't work for me.
I try it all the day, without luck.

PS:
Now works, new Radeon.chip installed.

Edited by RIBDEVIL on 2013/1/1 21:37:28
AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Various Warp3D updates available now.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
graphics.library is updated to 53.6

Quote:
Fixed crash in LoadRGB32() when setting too many colours.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »