Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »
Re: Big E-UAE JIT blog
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@pseudaxos

Are you sure it's loading the right .uaerc? In the shell window, it'll list which .uaerc files it is loading. It might load more than one, and if you have that setting in both files but with different values, one will probably override the other.

The other reason could be that the window is too small. Are you running it fullscreen or windowed? Also check to make sure that the config file doesn't have the show_leds line in more than one place.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT
I tested bothe full and windowed mode because I was thinking about the problem you mean and no leds.
With Runinuae, we get 2 files .uaerc :
-The first is .uaerc and my line is show_leds=true (the only line about leds).
-The second is .uaerc_RunInUAE and in this file, there's nothing about leds.

Sam460ex
Os4.1 Final Edition
2GB Fast Memory
envy 24 HT sound card
HD R9 TRIX 280X 3GO GDDR5
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@pseudaxos

Are you outputting to a TV? The leds won't show up if there is overscan on the TV.

Change show_leds to show_leds2. You should then see in the shell output that it complains that show_leds2 is an unknown option. If you don't see that, then it's loading up some other config file.

Also you can run Snoopy to double-check which config files it loads.

Make sure you have it formatted properly. No extra white space after the word "true".

SYS:Emulation/RunInUAE/E-UAE-amigfx/.uaerc has show_leds set to false. Make sure that that line is only in there once, and set to true.

Keep in mind JIT needs kickstart ROM 3.0 or higher to work, and 68020 CPU.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I can confirm now the double key press issue.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT
This is MY euae jit config ... The guys of fb Group report with MY config the games like breathless run fast and smooth ... I can say the same for alien breed 3d ii aga 4mb

The best EuaeJit Configuration: (soon i will try to find more optimized)
# UAE config for RunInUAE, which is designed to modify an existing working UAE config

# Use 3.1 Kickstart for Workbench, but allow ADF-booted games to still use an older Kickstart
kickstart_rom_file=kick3.1.rom

# Emulate an A1200, but still allow A500 emulation for ADF-booted games
enable_jit=yes
cpu_type=68040
comp_constjump=yes
comp_trustbyte=indirect
comp_trustword=indirect
comp_trustlong=indirect
comp_fpu=yes

cachesize=16384
cpu_speed=max
chipmem_size=4

chipset=aga
#collision_level=none

# Emulate an expanded A1200 with 8MB of Fast Ram!
fastmem_size=8
z3mem_size=128
# Set frame skipping (1=show all frames, 2=show every 2nd frame, 3=show every 3rd frame, etc)
#gfx_framerate=1

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'll have to try those games.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm
Hey man!
Have you possibilities to record some video of this games and put it on youtube??

Nice to see E-UAE with JIT running fast and smooth! :)
Cheers!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Lokaty

yes i can but today is impossible ... i will do next days
You for now can see my old video:
It is Euae Sdl running an 040 emulated
Rtg 8 mb with 512mb of fast and 3.9 os 8)
the machine was my pegasos 2 G4 1.0ghz 2gb ram 9000pro 128 AmigaOs 4.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLedJuSKLOI

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm
Excellent! :)
Today I saw for first time this video and now I'll be waiting for the next one.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
another bug ...
there is a problems with the input ... if i press a key on the keyboard it start become insane and repeat the keys in loop

Adoom tested and run like a missle!

Edit a small tip in full screen 640x480 the emulation become much faster compared with the window on workbench .
In the sdl version was exactly the opposite.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT : Thanks for confirming the double key press issue.

@tlsom : I pretty doubt your config has been tested. It's really slow ans some options aren't supported yet.

Here is the one working (in .uaerc_RunInUae) at full speed (I can wath Pulse demo from Nerve Axis on my AmigaOne XE G4 (resolution : 720x586) :

# Emulate an A1200, but still allow A500 emulation for ADF-booted games

cpu_type=68040
cpu_speed=max
chipmem_size=4
enable_jit=yes
cpu_speed=max
cpu_compatible=false
cpu_cycle_exact=false
blitter_cycle_exact=false
comp_optimize=no
cachesize=16384
comp_constjump=yes
comp_trustbyte=indirect
comp_trustword=indirect
comp_trustlong=indirect

chipset=aga
#collision_level=none

# Emulate an expanded A1200 with 8MB of Fast Ram!
fastmem_size=8
z3mem_size=128

# Set frame skipping (1=show all frames, 2=show every 2nd frame, 3=show every 3rd frame, etc)
#gfx_framerate=2

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

I dont know mate i use euae -help for know all the options available... and start testing

edit: yes this version of euae in 68040 mode dont have the fpu emulated... :(
for the fpu you have to select 68020/68881

edit2: and no 68060 emulated too ... the old sdl version have it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

Can't test myself now, but is it now indeed noticable fast in compare when you run without JIT ? Last time i tried previous versions, speed of all AGA games with or without jit was all the same (i tested Aladdin, Kid Chaos, SlamTilt, SuperStardust and few others). I.e. for example for Aladdin AGA i still wasn't able to play without frameskip on my peg2. But i see on aw.net ppls says that now all fast with aga games, and they can plays them fine on peg2 without frameskips. Its indeed the case already ?

@K-L
Quote:

I can wath Pulse demo from Nerve Axis on my AmigaOne XE G4

How fast is it in compare with non-jit one ? Real noticable speed up in few times ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

On my Peggy 1.266 kidCaos Cd32 , Brian the lion Aga, Breathless , alien breed II rtg and Super Stardust Aga was running fine ... without frame skipping on the Old Sdl on Os4depot.

Whit this Jit verstion im not able to install 3.9 the installer script crash the emulator plus i have a palette problem and input problems... for sure it need be optimized ... but is the beta 1 . you will see with your peggy will be able to have a 68060 at 66mhz speed ... geve the time to the dev :P :P

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tsolm
I know it is beta, i follow blog from begining and do tests with previous versions. I ask about current situations because all previous test i do, show no speed up in all the games i tried.

I.e. Aladdin AGA , on peg2/1ghz with non-jit uae can't works without frame skip normally. As well as previous versions of uae with jit which i test show the same (and even was a bit slower). And question is : with beta anything changes visually ? How cpu loading now on aga games in compare with and without jit ?

Btw, to add, Brain The Lion will not have any speed up over JIT, as the first thing game do its disable caches which mean game always will works interpative even with enabled JIT (it also was tests from previous versions of jit).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

The big problem of this emulation is the Chipset emulation ... you have to play with this setting ...

Eg put the Audio emulatio setting with 4 channel stereo 22050 quality...
plus try to make up the audio buffering ...

The jit you know better than me speed up the cpu function and not the chipset ... the second one is more difficult to emulate :)...

Thanks to jit i can say for sure Adoom become insane fast! Try it... Quake need fpu this version for now dont have it enabled the old sdl on Os4depot have it enabled plus have MMU and 68060 emulation ...

Another tips is the blitter some games need it on for make run fast for other is better stay off ...

Do you see my video on youtube it is my old peggy with G4 1ghz and was really good!

Edit :i forgot another tip make a 320x256 resolution on P96 for full screen it speed up 2x times the emulation

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm
I do test before (not with that beta, but with 1-2 versions previous beta one): Aladiin, Kid Chaos, SlamTilt, Lion King, SuperStartdust + cpu_watcher to see cpu loading. And, with all of them there wasn't any differences, only that cpu loading was even heavy on 10% for all of them.

In other words, my main question now (but yeah, seems i just need to test it myself as no one can answer on it): did those aga games now faster with beta jit ? Interesting to know cpu_loading as well to compare.

Quote:

Do you see my video on youtube it is my old peggy with G4 1ghz and was really good!

I for myself do bunch of uae videos back in year(s), the best one was one where i use glUAe scripts (not runinuae) with whdload games to show how it all can be handled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9H4UyTdJU

See on the 0:30 there is Aladiin AGA, and it works fast because i use there frameskipping. Without frame skipping (even with a lot of work on the config files on all other parts) it was slow (and with low sound quality, and with all the tasty stuff which should be set to make it faster).

Basically all other Aga games works on my peg2 more or less fine even without jit, but they didn't feels very smooth, and cpu-loading most of time was almost at 100%. For example slamtilt was sometime jerky enough to loose a ball(s) :)

There is those videos without jit which i do about 3 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0AyoINALCs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HKoBSF7wm0

More or less ok, just some of them don't feels smooth enough.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

If you wanna make a test and understand the problems is not in jit but in the chipset try Ghost & Goblins better whd because the adf version usually crash the system :)

Before there was an option with Euae for gave much cpu power for emulation to the chipset and less on the cpu ... if i remember good there is on the gui for mos version of euae ... this things now is needed for us because we have the jit.

nb: thanks to the jit the guys with 440/g3 now can play much much better the old games

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlolm
In other words, 5 posts without normal answer is answer too :) Can you _please_ try aladdin aga with and without jit with running cpu_watcher at background and just put there results ? I can do it myself, just not today, so was somehow in hope someone can just do it fast and write asnwer.

As for gui , its make no differences, EUAE on mos and aos4 the same, just gui different, and gui just set options which can be set directly in config files, which, the same for both oses and no need for guis to do test.

Quote:

can play much much better the old games

What games exactly ? Have any name of tested ones ? With some real results like "that game load cpu on 30% with jit, and on 80 without jit" or so.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

ok im dl the Aladdin... and you try Adoom with jit and not and Alien Breed 3d II too with the same criteria
Note im using the Xe 933...

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »