Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 ... 40 »
Re: Beta testing
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hugely impressed with the efforts from you talented chaps!
Only thing holding me up installing this is that my x1000 is packed away whilst this blasted extension is in progress! http://imgur.com/a/EIq1X

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
Aldkil I've noticed that most users haven't got around to installing Qt.
Maybe a minimal user archive could remedy that?

I'll consider. Reason for not doing it right away: More trouble and more things that can go wrong. And I like, that people have the option of taking a peek at the sources for the examples and get impressed by how simple it is to make an actual Qt app ;).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok, this is bad... My X1000 refuses to boot... CFE shows nicely, but when trying to load the AmigaOS boot image, it complains, that there is not enough memory...!? The serial shows, that memory is recognized, and that there is (apparently) 2048MB of it. Help??

EDIT: It booted fine just half an hour ago...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

Might be a faulty DIMM? Can you open it up and take one of the modules out and try again? Keep swapping them around until it boots - I don't know how many modules there are in the X1000 but you should be able to figure out which one isn't working (if that is the problem)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
There is only one ram module. I tried moving it to another socket, didn't help. Tried booting from is OS cd, here it actually seems to load the boot image (there is a red progress bar, that goes to 100 as it loads), but the AmigaOS boot screen never appears...

EDIT: Ok the linux kernel boots, so I am thinking it must be a software issue. Hopefully...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
Ok, this is bad... My X1000 refuses to boot... CFE shows nicely, but when trying to load the AmigaOS boot image, it complains, that there is not enough memory...!? The serial shows, that memory is recognized, and that there is (apparently) 2048MB of it. Help??

EDIT: It booted fine just half an hour ago...

This is a bug in CFE, it's happened to me too. Fortunately it only occurs rarely. Nothing to worry about, just a little annoyance.

Regards
Darren

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daz

It is very persistent, though. I have tried booting a gazillion of times, no result. Also how do you explain, that the OS cd doesn't boot? I tried untying the HD from the case and placing it in my sam, and guess what: Now the sam doesn't boot! So I am pretty sure, that there has occured some fault on my HD, and that for some reason makes both AmigaOS and CFE hickup. Now, how does one repair a hd, when the condition of the hd prevents one from actually booting with the hd connected...?!

EDIT: Tried booting from CD with no hd connected. CFE fails to load the boot image. Tried running the MintPPC installer again, to see if I could get into some partitioning software and see, how great the damage is, MintPPC suddenly doesn't recognize my keyboard...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Damned !

1) Is your OS4 boot CD contains the RadeonHD drivers ?
(not the CD orginally shipped with the X1000)

2) Serial debug available ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

The boot CD is the one that shipped, yes, I dont know if it has RadeonHD drivers on it. If it doesnt that could explain the boot screen failure. I can see nothing on the serial (other than the usual crap)... Are there other x1000 boot cds in existence than those shipped with the systems_

I have tried inserting the X1000 hd in my sam, which results in the condition, that the sam refuses to boot. This could be explained, though, by the fact that the names on the two hds overlap. Or what do I know.

I am now trying to install LUbuntu to see, if I can detect some fault in the partitioning scheme. Other than that, I do not know what to do, I really dont want to just wipe out the entire disk, I have *glumb*.. not, ehm, backed up a lot of stuff...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
No the CD doesn't contains HD drivers, at least mine shipped end of 2012.
I had to build a new one.

You can't lose your stuff !!!

PM sent

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Replied :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Guillaume

Well i presume he did a proper backup !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I hope :

"I have *glumb*.. not, ehm, backed up a lot of stuff..."

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
ehm argg .. now i read better his message .. crossing finger

BTW: atleast i have a good news, you latest QFlv2Avi seems ok now, i was able to convert normally

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
And I will send you ClipGrab with conversion working (AVI MP4 WMV MP3 OGV OGG) this evening ;)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Great ! thanks

Is there anythings we can do to help Alfkil ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ddni

Well, I already have only one ram module, and it is situated just to the right of the CPU (dunno what "back of the case" means, maybe they mean left instead of right?). On the other hand, I just got the beast to boot from cd by pluging in my other radeon from the sam, and guess what... nothing is damaged, contrary to what I thought! Well, what a relief, but why, og why wont it boot...?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I would try the above, some sort of black magic happens by disconnecting the PSU.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok, I dunno what did the trick, ddni's ram switching trick (I moved it to the left of the cpu, by the way), or just booting once from cd. Anyways, I can boot from hd again :).

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 ... 40 »