Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 36 »
Re: BSzili port requests
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It uses boost templates, but none of the libraries. Moreover libboostygfx is closed source, without any development headers, so it's not very useful for developers.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

Mmm you right about libboostygfx :-/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It looks like that the port's original maintainer wrote a library to extract various installers of the game/patch/etc. Heck, it can even unpack the pre-patched GOG version. I could write an Amiga installer using this library, so people wouldn't have to use a windows/linux machine to do that. Of course I'd have to fix the endianness issues in library and whatnot. Is there any interest for this, or I shouldn't bother?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

Well consider that not all amigans have a PC at home and (even if they had one) it might be annoying to do so on other machines, imho an Amiga specific one could be better in any case but of course it will mean more work, in short: just valuate the pro and con of both choice

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I would prefer to do everything on the Amiga. It is rare that I have a Windows box set up.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
All right then, I'll try to cook up an installer. The innoextract library has even more Boost dependencies than the game, so it might take a while to get it to work. In the meantime I fixed the saving/loading, so the game reached a playable state. I'm still fixing bugs (mostly graphical glitches), but if anyone wants to betatest, feel free to drop me an email.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

While you are juggling with boost...could you maybe take a look at the latest version of Battle for Wesnoth?

Last version we have was 1.8.6 because they started using Boost afterwards

It needs this

pangocairo could be a problem though

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I already compiled boost_regex, boost_program_options, boost_system. Boost_asio is nearly impossible to fix without multicast sockets, which means that all of the networking has to be taken out. The rest of the boost libraries look harmless enough, although you can never know when you use C++ with old compilers...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

Quote:
Boost_asio is nearly impossible to fix without multicast sockets, which means that all of the networking has to be taken out.
Is there something missing or not working in RoadShow regarding multicast sockets?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Just comes in my mind that about Wesnoth recently they post this:

Quote:
Since the conversion to SDL 2.0 will need a lot of testing, support for these platforms will be dropped. Of course, if somebody steps up to start maintaining one of these platforms again, we will not drop support for that platform. The affected platforms are: OS/2, AmigaOS, and BeOS.

http://www.wesnoth.org/

In short that means that starting from the next major release (1.13.x) SDL 2.0 will be mandatory :-/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Oops, sorry. For some reason I thought Roadshow didn't support multicast sockets.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Crap

I don't see SDL2 coming to AmigaOS4 in the (near) future

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Well, that settles the question then :\ Back to Arx Libertatis, I have innoextract up and running. It successfully extracted both the patch and the GOG installer. I'm not sure what do do with the frontend though. A few requesters will probably do the trick for the time being.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Looks nice, I belive it to be playable with sam and radeon 9250?

It offers something new to OS4.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

Quote:
Oops, sorry. For some reason I thought Roadshow didn't support multicast sockets.
No problem.

I haven't ever used multicast sockets myself and don't actually know whether they work - all I did was take a look at the RoadShow docs ("README") and a page I found in Google (http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jeffay/dirt/FA ... 001-F99/mcast-socket.html), which gave me the impression that it isn't exactly rocket science, and that RoadShow docs/includes seemed to mention the few definitions etc. necessary. (But if you try it out and find anything not living up to expectations, let's hear about it, maybe I can help filing a Bugzilla report.)

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thread

dont know if this is possible : cocos2d-x

http://code.zynga.com/2013/05/zynga-ports-cocos2d-x-to-emscripten/

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@utri007
It should be playable at least. I think the lowest FPS I got was around a waterfall, which was around 10-15. Unfortunately the game has no adjustments for the geometry details, so everybody is stuck with the same settings.

@nbache
It was an bad assumption from my part. I've gotten so used to AmiTCP limitations, that I forgot to check the headers :) It's probably working just fine, I just didn't know it was there.

@angelheart
It has some pretty hard hitting dependencies, like the spidermonkey JS engine. You would probably have better luck with the HTML5/JS version.

@all
I have some questions regarding the installer. Would you folks prefer a GUI program, or a couple of install scripts (CD, demo, GOG) are enough? The former would obviously take much more time, given I'm not really familiar with MUI (I want to be portable). With the scripts one would have to manually download the patch or the installer, but other than that the process would be automatic.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

Quote:
@angelheart
It has some pretty hard hitting dependencies, like the spidermonkey JS engine. You would probably have better luck with the HTML5/JS version.

While Angelheart linked to an article about the Javascript version, Cocos2D-x is actually written in C++ (link).

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
You are right, although the SpiderMonkey dependency still doesn't sound very good to me:
https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x-3 ... libs-src/tree/master/deps

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

I could be wrong, but I don't think that SpiderMonkey is needed for the C++ version. It's scripting language of choice is Lua, not Javascript.

Sure, if you want to use Javascript as scripting language for your cocos2D project, then you'll need SpiderMonkey. I don't think that it's a requirement, though.

It's possible that the Lua binding is optional too, as those who wish to write their game/simulation code purely in C/C++ won't need that either.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 36 »