Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 33 »
Re: New Games possible?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki
By url which afxgroup post you can found which games it handle, but to avoid all the problems, there is:

-- Baldur's Gate series
-- Icewind Dale series
-- Planescape: Torment)

But they all pretty nice. Like RobinHood imho (video from morphos version of robin hood here ). Btw maybe we should try to contact with author of RobinHood, to make port happens for aos4. Back in times i play in it on morphos, its pretty interesting and nice game.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Robin Hood is really a nice game. I used to play it under peecee. Very good.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Phantom

Yep. Some one (you for example ?:) ) can try to contact with author to ask sources for aos4 port. Or maybe ask him will he in interest to port it to aos4 if we will buy sam-machines for him (as usuall can collect money, send him machine, and he will make a release for). Or maybe if he will in interest, i can port it myself if he will give a sources..

Did you have his mail ? Or did you know who make morphos port of it ? Author itself, or some morphos-devels ? Because if its done by mos devels, then we can grab the sources. Or even buy them (if they will cost no so much).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

If I remember correctly, Robin Hood for MorphOS published by Rune-Soft (ex Epic Interactive).

Check here: http://www.rune-soft.com/product.php?product_id=20

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
the in-game video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEjqOytOoL4

sorry for the quality..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Nice one.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Looks very nice. Not ultra-fast (in menu), but if you have a1 with 800mhz, i think for my peg2 will be as it should be :) How hard these small problems which you need to fix ? Or maybe they already fixed ?:) Full-screen are possible as well ? Resolutions can be changed ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

i have a 933 mhz and the menu is fast (in the video i have the phone in one of my hands.. :D )
I've fixed all and all seems works ok.
I'll release it soon

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Yeah ! AOS4 start to have games at last ! :) Good that many good games/apps are cross-platform and open-source. Someone can worring about "not native games", but today all the games are not native , and use all those opengl/sdl apis.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Yes the problem is that we need good ports, but also they have to be playable too.

Unfortunately SAM boards seem to not be 100% ready, and almost "heavy" and nice games are unplayable, if you compare that the same game under an AmigaOne or Pegasos2 G4 system just plays normally.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e

remember that you need the original games to play with them..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Phantom
Quote:

Unfortunately SAM boards seem to not be 100% ready, and almost "heavy" and nice games are unplayable, if you compare that the same game under an AmigaOne or Pegasos2 G4 system just plays normally.

That is normal. You cant expect to be playable all the modern games on zx-spectrum , or on sam with 500-600mhz. There cant be any miracles, and for normal stuff , need normal computer.

We even can be happy, that with our bad 3d realisation, even on 1ghz all the stuff plays normally. Say that to win32/linux users, that we play in all your stuff on 1ghz, and they already will be surprised in most cases.

But be in hope that all will be fine on 500-600-700 mhz .. There is only new Sam460 or x1000 are hope. But from my point of view, sam460 will be "more or less normal for the minimum" , and x1000 will be "what is should be", for all the latest games, which will be released when shaders (with gallium) will come.

Reality and so on :)

You cant expect that authors of "heavy" games (or porters), will rewrite the whole game, just because of 500mhz computers. That is very time consuming, and make no sense when we already have fast enough amigaone1, peg2 and soon sam460/x1000 (and with new drivers, new gfx cards, new 3d subsystem, they all should be enough even for all the current-modern PC games of 2010 year).

Sometime you can be lucky that game will works fast for you on 500mhz, sometime not. That all not depens from porters, its just depens of how authors write the games. If it slow - you only can blame authors and our 3d realisation. If it fast - just luck :) Of course porters can loose more time , and rewrite tons of code , add assembler , and so on - and make it works more or less fine on 500mhz cpu, but then, result will be 1 game in 1 year.

@afxgroup
Of course, but we all know where you and i will get that games :)) (buy of course:) )

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

A Sam/Sam flex would be enough for certain games once we have a decent video driver, so don't desperate

The problem is when ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Even with new 3d drivers old sam will not enough. You will see it yourself later :) As i say there is no miracles possible in that terms. For example its strange to be in hope, that something like Ghotic3, will playable on SAM600mhz, even with uber-ultra fast drivers.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
(About Warzone)
I got through Warzone 2100 tutorial and the first mission. So far its maps scroll very well on AmigaOne (G3) - really important in RTS genre - and since it's a well thought out game, it's probably one of the better ones I have installed. I especially like the path finding, where the vehicles can navigate a lot of terrain, but don't do it absolutely unerringly. Especially fun (or irritating :) in ba...erm, retreat.

I didn't try installing the music, maybe it would be enough to disrupt the nice scrolling occasionally. (Yes it rotates too.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Now featured on AmigaOS.net ^.^

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Of course I'm not expecting everything, and I'm really amazed about some ported games, that are really playable under SamFlex.

And I don't have a 600MHz system, I have 800MHz. Well, if that's make a little different or not, who knows.

The problem is that we need updated 3d drivers, as Andreas stated somewhere for UFO:AI.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I really enjoyed GrnadPrix by Micropose on the Amiga and was wondering it it would be possible to port the later PC versions to OS4.1 (Grand Prix 2, 3, & 4) ???

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Edited by Joeled on 2010/12/1 7:21:45
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled

UltraStar Deluxe - pascal
Slam soccer 2006 - java

Commander Stalin - imho possible (because based on Bos Wars, which already ported by AfxGroup), downloading for now (260 mb).

Rigs of Rods - looks nice too, downloading for now as well.

@328gts
Quote:

I really enjoyed GrnadPrix by Micropose on the Amiga and was wondering it it would be possible to port the later PC versions to OS4.1 (Grand Prix 2, 3, & 4) ???

GrandPrix2 are already ported to Morphos, so, it will works for aos4 for sure. If some of you can found an email of author (working one), and ask him for sources for aos4 port - i can do that.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 33 »