Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »
Re: muimplayer new version progress
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Fixed (another side-effect of removing libauto, and forgot to open/close layers.library/iface).

Thanks, so i removed the point 1 from the list

Quote:
In meantime i just do the same iconify as it happens from gadget for our port, so it all will be same for both iconifies and comment out hiding of window.

Point 2 also removed !

Quote:
Horray ! Thanks to Joerg, white stripes in the p96_overlay fullscreen mode fixed !

Woooaaaa !!!!
HUGE thanks to Joerg, finally

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joerg or kas1e

In general still now revisiting the old issues and i found this old one:

- OSD menu flickering issue --> https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/issues/detail?id=2

As both versions share exactly the same p96_pip driver we have of course the same problem with MUI MPlayer and in afxgroup's one
No problem with SDL and cgx_wpa (in MUI MPlayer), so in end p96_pip seems the only one with this problem

At the time Fab talked about a possible lacking of multibuffering support in OS4, but if it works in both SDL and cgx_wpa drivers, then the only possibility imho is a bug in our current p96_pip implementation..

Joerg as you are working on and if you have time. can you check it ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
joerg not works on it, it was mail-help. and that osd flick problem for sure not high priority, if it will specially mean bunch of new code

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
joerg not works on it, it was mail-help

Ah ok then ..

Quote:
and that osd flick problem for sure not high priority, if it will specially mean bunch of new code

Yes but you didn't consider the subtitles !
Volume (or progressing) sliders for sure can be low as priority, but reading an entire movie with subtitle might be problematic with such flickering

Aniway crossing finger for a (later) easy solution

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

You need to buffer the overlay bitmap, in order to remove the flicker. The flickering is because you are seeing what is being drawn.

If you do buffer it, it might impact speed.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Liveforit imho right, if it something about buffering, it will slow down the speed probably, as any buffering mean doing something in between which before wasn't

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
You need to buffer the overlay bitmap, in order to remove the flicker. The flickering is because you are seeing what is being drawn.

Are you talking about flickering of the OSD? Or flickering of the movie?

It sounds like OSD is currently implemented by rendering text over the top of the video frames. That's a poor way of doing it, because then you have to render to a YUV bitmap (which can be complicated), and do so every frame. Instead, you should replace the window's backfill hook, and render the OSD over the top of the colour-keyed background. That way, they overlay hardware takes care of showing the video behind the OSD. The added bonus is that the OSD doesn't have to be rerendered every frame.

Your backfill hook would work like this:
- fill the parts of the window where the video should appear with the colur-key colour (usually magenta, but you can set it yourself to anything you fancy)
- render the OSD

If this is confusing, remember that the video frames are overlaid over the window itself using chroma-keying (a.k.a., colour-keying). The window has its own bitmap and/or region on-screen. The video frame's pixels only show where the bitmap is the colour of the chroma-key. All other pixels will be the colour of the window's own bitmap.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Quote:

Are you talking about flickering of the OSD? Or flickering of the movie?

Its about OSD, but in p96_overlay driver:
http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/temp/muimplayer/vo_p96pip.c

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Liveforit imho right, if it something about buffering, it will slow down the speed probably, as any buffering mean doing something in between which before wasn't

Mmm, how OSD was done in cgx_wpa driver then ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

its a bitmap so drawn into the that, and then the bitmap is painted on window at page flip.

When you paint into the overlay windows bitmap its displayed immediately, this way you see it flickers.

If you make buffer for the overlay, then you will need to copy the buffer to overlay window, unless there is some double buffer feature in display overlay window I do not know about, this going to be cost some cpu load.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Hans way of working to solve issue might work, will require special code.
It might be possible, have not tried.

What is suggested as work around is that parts of overlay is made transparent, so that you can see the window background color instead. This will prevent over drawing the overlay.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Ok thanks for the info

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
If you make buffer for the overlay, then you will need to copy the buffer to overlay window, unless there is some double buffer feature in display overlay window I do not know about, this going to be cost some cpu load.

AFAIK, yes, overlay supports double-buffering. Don't ask me how, as I've never used it myself. I don't think that the details are in the current Picasso96 autodocs, so have a look in the header files.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Where can i find the cd file to translate it to german?
Why don`t you use AISS for the gui? I think it will look more like AmigaOs
Why can`t i save settings like Volume Gain?
I have to set it everytime again

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy

Quote:

Nowhere, program doesn't support locale i think

Quote:

Current port uses the same buttons of SMPlayer on Linux, but graphical buttons are separeted, so if you want you can make a skin

Quote:

Same problem, some options still not saved after closing (i for example use mostly 16:10 settings for some video, but the settings will not be mantained at exit)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy

Quote:

Dunno

Quote:

Because i like original ones (but Javier send me some aiss based , i didn't check them at moment).

Quote:

I have to set it everytime again

If it the same in morphos version, then because its port.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tommysammy

I don't know if you are aware of it, but any settings can be stored in the conf files. The manual should cover all that.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

New version:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xh9v4s

What new since beta5:

- registered as application via application.library

- screenblankers based on real os4 screenblanker engine are enabled/disabled when need (i.e. they disables only when video actually plays, if it paused, blanker enables back. If no video play (but gui in run), or just audio, then no disabling: in other words logical and as on all oses in all players). Done that for all output drivers which i have currently: p96_pip, cgx_wpa and sdl. That all was easy as Fab's code-logic already was here, all i do its add necessary os4 parts + add the same logic to p96_pip and sdl drivers (as cgx_wpa originally have it too).

And as there is now application library in use, i can now easy add ringhio messages as well, just when (if at all) ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Perhaps "job done": if mplayer is outputting png files, wav files, dumping a stream for a long time or whatever batch functionality it has. IOW when mplayer returns (not sure how it works with GUI).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'd just like to say how pleased I am to see work begin on updating mui-mplayer/gui so soon after the release of the v1.0 Radeon Driver :) It does make me wonder what next needs updating s/w wise.

@Hans - I wonder whether the driver had that tech implemented which made it easier to do screen capturing (video)?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »