Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 16 »
Re: fastfix for 1.23
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Tried under MOS3.0 / Odyssey 1.23 and it works by ignoring SSL errors.

I tried the curl-ca-bundle.crt from MOS version under OS4 version, still unable to access.

Is the new libcurl of the AOS4 1.23 who could be the culprit ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks a lot for the fastfix. Unfortunately the scripts don't work. I have copied the scripts from the 1.23 archive and these scripts work with YouTube.

Edited by xeno74 on 2014/3/21 0:42:39
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h
Quote:

Is the new libcurl of the AOS4 1.23 who could be the culprit ?

Dunno. At least as far as i hope i build it correctly (curl i mean, you can check progress-thread somewhere in the middle) with all tasty things need it. If you in interest, i can compile test build with version of curl used in mos 1.23 build, as well as with latest curl svn, so we can see if it happens because of curl, of because of something else.

Sadly i haven't any links to test with, that can be pretty much faster.

@xeno
Quote:

Unfortunately the scripts don't work. I have copied the scripts from the 1.23 archive and these scripts work with YouTube.

Because someone didn't read readme :) I.e. if scripts didn't works always go on Fab's page for latetest ones. Last youtube.js currently are 0.95 , while in my archive was 0.94.

But to avoid hassle you can just use youtube-center script (check youtube speed thread for details)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
" If you in interest, i can compile test build with version of curl used in mos 1.23 build, as well as with latest curl svn"

Yes, I'm interested to test, thank you !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h
While building 7.35.0 i think it make no sense, as if curl binary works fine for you , and its done from link lib which i use the same as for odyssey, then it's not libcurl.

And by "binary works fine" you mean it works with some options or how ?

Quote:

Tried under MOS3.0 / Odyssey 1.23 and it works by ignoring SSL errors.

But the same error even with latest crt from curl site when you didn't ignore ssl errors ? I.e. on our port then all the same, just "ignoring ssl errors" didn't works for you ?

Still will help really if you will find somewhere in the internet the same problem, and i can just compare everything myself, etc.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
"binary works fine" means that by command curl, I suceeded to access to my NAS.

Yes, same error by using
-last crt from curl website
-crt from MOS OWB 1.23

"ignoring ssl errors" doesn't work on OWB 1.23 OS4 version

"ignoring ssl errors" works on OWB 1.23 MOS3 version

"ignoring ssl errors" works on OWB 1.16 AOS4 version

Mail sent...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@zzd10h

Quote:
Now, in 1.23, when I ignore SSL errors in OWB Security settings
Error 51 : SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

I just rechecked the 1.16 version and it works well when I "Ignore SSL errors"

Is somebody with the same error ?

Yes I too am getting this error, I thought v1.23 would have fixed it. The Error 35 SSL message from v 1.16 now works OK but this Error 51 remains.

I get it with http://www.mbnanetaccess.co.uk/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h
Yep, got a mail, can reproduce it indeed. What a crap !

@BillE
Indeed, same error as for zzd10h, wtf .. when it all just can be done one time and i can just chill out from that :)

Will try to build now with 7.28.1 (version used for odyssey1.23 on mos), maybe that will make differences.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Courage and good luck Kas1e

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Ok guys and lads good news: when i build 7.28.1 (in the same way of course 1:1 as i build 7.34.0) : ignore SSL errors option works, and both Billie's and zzd10h links works (with enabled ignore SSL errors option of course, as without for zzd10h link i have "peer certificate cannot be authenticated with give CA certificates" and with Billie's link have "ssl peer certificate or SSH remote key was not ok")

The differences which i see between 7.28.1 inbuild in oddyse and 7.34.0 inbuild in odyssey is that:

on zzd10h link all reacts the same, just ignore SSL errors did the trick on 7.28.1, and do nothing on 7.34.0.

on billie's link when we connect with 7.28.1 it says "ssl peer certificate or ssh remote key was not ok" , and when do ignore ssl erros all fine, while, on 7.34.0 ignore SSL errors didn't works.

In other words, with 7.34.0 seems some other changes should be done in the odyssey (imho).

I can of course build odyssey with 7.28.1 , but do not know how right is it, as it year of commits between. Through 7.28.1 already tested enough on morphos, so why not in end..

As another brutal and crappy idea, i can just build all versions of libcurl between 7.28.1 and 7.34.0 to find out when ignore ssl options stop works, then check changed log of curl, and found roots

@Fab

What you think, should i just release it with 7.28.1 where ignore ssl errors works fine, or, should we still use 7.34.0 and found what wrong ? (as i say i build both the same way 1:1, same configure line, same changes, etc).

Edited by kas1e on 2014/3/21 11:21:59
Edited by kas1e on 2014/3/21 11:59:06
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks. You'll deserve that holiday in Cambodia after all your hard work

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h,billie

build odyssey with curl 7.30.0 : ignore ssl errors option still works as expected, will try 7.32.0 now

edit: build odyssey with curl 7.32.0 : ignore ssl errors option still works as expected, will try 7.33.0 now (so now we will got from what one problems starts, as after 7.33.0 no revisions released, just 7.34.0 which borks).

Edited by kas1e on 2014/3/21 12:22:38
Edited by kas1e on 2014/3/21 12:24:21
Edited by kas1e on 2014/3/21 12:26:18
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Ok , the version to blame is 7.33.0 , i.e. till that "ignore ssl errors" option works fine. And since 7.33.0 (and in 7.34.0 with which i build odyssey before), it stop works.

In meantime will build just with 7.32.0 (uploading).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zz10dh, bille

There is version of odyssey (just a binary) with libcurl-7.32.0, test it plz if all is ok:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ji3i4n

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thank you,
I will try in few hours.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Try to update the date on each release or it will be very difficult to help some people to check which version they have.

Thanks.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Why can`t i save the position of the sidebar?
http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploa ... mmy19201080nwcqp3eiyo.jpg

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
i have tried to upload the picture to directupload.net
Only visiting this site caused here a 100%CPU usage and a lock up of Odyssey

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

When you run multiple Odyssey windows, and when you select to open a link in new tab it always opens it in the initial Odyssey window and not the current one. I don't remember if this was a problem in the previous version as well.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tommysammy

IIRC you can edit misc.prefs (in 'Conf' drawer) and change the first variable value from 30 (default) to whatever you want.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 16 »