Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

Skateman, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Timberwolf, Warp3D and ARMA
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy

ExecSG is one of Friedens creation, so the hart of AmigaOS4 is theres.

The Friedens are more of experience developers they do all the complicated stuff, while others are just taking advantage of what OS has given.

Maybe we did not have QT port if was not for sheard object support that Friedens are responsible for.

They are also responsible for “Composition” this some thing I use a lot in Excalibur for transparency and blending effects.

The only thing I think, I can say is that I think they are taking on too many projects at the same time, I do put my trust in there skills, I just don't think they have the time to complete all there projects whit resorbable time frame, they should prioritize. Maybe also get help on less important projects.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I would also like to thank all the people behind AmigaOS 4.x development. They do a great work and they deserve our appreciation. I believe that they work hard to give us the best AmigaOS experience. And for that I am really grateful.

And we all have to support them and show our appreciation. Think about what we had 10 years ago and we are now. It doesn't matter if we don't have Libreoffice or the latest version of Firefox on our machines. It matters that the spirit is still alive and moving forward.

Most of you are right that maybe there were wrong decisions made. But those people are there and have to make decisions. Judging them is the worst thing we can do.

So support them, help them when they ask for it, make them know that we appreciate their work. And they will give us what they promised.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes, Walkero, you are 100% right

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt Quote:
The Friedens are more of experience developers they do all the complicated stuff, while others are just taking advantage of what OS has given.

I don't think the underlined is true. There are other complicated things in AmigaOS4 that the Friedens aren't responsible for (thankfully - they have too much work to do as it is!).

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread from it's original purpose...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Rogue
Hi thanks for the honest assessment. I am one that has been critical of these projects. The reason I was critical, was the lack of real information, not particularly the project's progress. I'm sure this whole os4 adventure has been mentally "challenging" for you guys. But any niche enthusiast market is like this pretty much. Keep your head and and keep working. They are many many people that appreciate what you guys are doing. There are a lot of "lurkers" out there that dont post on amiga sites that still keep an eye out for "amiga" developments.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)