Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: vacuum news for os4
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Chris.. we need a webkit datatype now.. :P

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

afxgroup wrote:
Chris.. we need a webkit datatype now.. :P

I think that it would be better to use a non-Qt version of WebKit for that task, unless there is a particular advantage I'm not aware of.

In other news, Arora looks pretty good, should we need another WebKit-based browser.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Impressive !

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

Try this version of libqdt: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cdyoung/tmp/libqdt.lha

This adds a potentially missing overloaded function, no idea if this is the cause but it's the only thing I can see which might be wrong (without access to QtWebKit).

I doubt it will make any difference because I assume my plugin is saying it can handle the format (otherwise it would fail over to a different plugin), and then not returning the decoded data.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
What i lack on amiga is a good and small torrent client like utorrent (microtorrent) on windows. Is there any good ones in QT that can be ported ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Seems that ctorrent has been abandoned. No update for ages. So i won't make new versions. Lost interest in it. I'm trying to find an alternative. So if you find one thats easy to port i might give it a try.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is BTG a possibility?

http://btg.berlios.de/

Talos BlackBird (awaiting a Miggy like OS)
Amiga 4000 OS3.9 / Pegasos II OS4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko

I've been using this one:

http://ktorrent.org/?q=screenshots

Except for Transmission (for Linux) and it is similar to uTorrent. I'd like to see that one ported.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

Did that version of libqdt fix the problem?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@chris

Nope, didn't fix it

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

OK, when I get hold of QtWebKit I'll chuck some debug in and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
How is qtwebkit progressing? Is it useful yet?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
And btw, so the network part it your qt port is good enough for porting network apps now?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
QtWeb will be a wonderful browser as is (and I hope it will be fast aswell) once Alfkil will complete at 100% his QT integration, personally i'm just waiting for the new QT beta WIP to test.

I have the feeling that this release in development will be a milestone

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I haven't been working on libQtWebKit for a while now, I ran into some problems that I was not able to solve immediately. In any case, I don't think that having QtWebKit is going to be of much help, I doubt that it will be able to outperform OWB or Timberwolf.

@spotUP

The network module works sort of, although there seems to be a problem with datagrams (I'm not too much into networking myself, so this is as specific as I can get). Also I cannot seem to get any signals from the sockets, so I have made a hack, where active sockets start a timer to drive input events (= bad).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:
I haven't been working on libQtWebKit for a while now, I ran into some problems that I was not able to solve immediately. In any case, I don't think that having QtWebKit is going to be of much help, I doubt that it will be able to outperform OWB or Timberwolf.

Well .. yep altrough still one of the most interesting QT project out there and it could be a also real program test for our current QT framework, right now we mostly tested demos and little apps

Maybe can you release an alpha version as is just for heavy tester freaks around

BTW: Thanks a lot for the mail, beta downloading in progress

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Alfkil, maybe olaf could help out with the network module?
I am mostly interested in porting network related apps, that's why i so concerned about this part. Ofcourse, sound would be awesome too. Maybe you could let someone in on the sound part?

Salass00 should know a thing or two about sound me thinks.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:

I would definitely agree wrt performance. However, some programs depend on libQtWebKit so it would definitely be useful to have.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Chris, indeed. I bet quite a few apps use libqtwebkit.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)