Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 61

samo79, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 14 »
Re: Getting Napalm to run on AmigaOS 4.1.2?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ alfkil

I am having the exact problem on my sam with wipeout2097. Does any one know or have a fix?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alfkil

Confirmed WipeOut 2097 doesn't work here too

For what I understand it works quite well on Sam440ep with M9 chip (and AmigaOne) but freeze (with DSI/ISI and crashes too) on Sam Flex with Radeon 9250

Now i don't know witch machine you use but i have your same problems

You may eventually try it using Wazp3D as this what thellier propose to me for debugging (altrought i didn't be able to do that)

Read this:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... p?topic_id=33920&forum=43

Here is another topic that you may find interesting:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... =60&viewmode=flat&order=0

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79

Ah, maybe that's why I wasn't aware of any problems - I have an EP.

Anyway, this is derailing the thread... back to Naplam.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Chris wrote:
@samo79

Ah, maybe that's why I wasn't aware of any problems - I have an EP.

Anyway, this is derailing the thread... back to Naplam.

No it locks up quite quickly on my mini-itx sam440ep as well here, it was one of the games I was looking forward to playing again when I first got my sam440 but its never worked well for me under OS4.1.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Mmmm so i think we need Karlos or some other 3D experts here, WarpOS support start to be a very very annoying problem

Quote:
I was looking forward to playing again when I first got my sam440

Me too

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@thread

On the subject of Napalm: Today I was able to get the game to come all the way to the main selection screen by disabling the cdplayer functions. But now it complains about audio.device... I guess I will need to fix the sound driver after all...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
@thread

On the subject of Napalm: Today I was able to get the game to come all the way to the main selection screen by disabling the cdplayer functions. But now it complains about audio.device... I guess I will need to fix the sound driver after all...

Its good to hear that you are making real progress on getting Napalm working under OS4.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
As said, the same game runs within AOS4 on A4000 with CVPPC but has scrambled GFX and does not react to neither mouse nor keyboard on Peg2 AOS4! Can these different behaviours within the same OS still be correlated to RTGMaster?
As for RTGMaster: Maybe you can contact Steffen Haeuser as he made the AOS4 fix for it?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The scrambled graphic is not a problem, just redirect the output and input to MMU trapped memory area, and encode/decode the bytes before they are written to the real screen.

My MMU hack is open source and can be found in Basilisk II.

If you don't like my hack you will need to track down all write and read operations to screens bitmap to patch etch routine.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Reth

“does not react to neither mouse nor keyboard “

Sound like the Game is not reading keyboard and mouse events correctly, maybe its poking around where it should not.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@liveforit

The MMU hack you are mentioning... isn't it terribly slow? The whole point of using CopyRtgBlit is to, uhm, use the blitter...??

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Try Basilisk and see what you think.

The speed depends on amount of pixels update on the screen

On the upside screen resolution does not have any effect on the speed.

The full screen bits can be slow :-/

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

The rendering mechanism in Napalm seems to do all rendering by CPU to a buffer, which is then blitted onto the screen. Since it only ever does full screen blits, it is probably not worth doing your MMU hack.

Today I was able to start a game by disabling all audio. As others have mentioned, there is no response from keyboard or mouse.

I think I'm going to remove all the rtgmaster code and go for a standard intuition screen/window. This should actually be fairly simple, because of the simple rendering mechanism (I barely only need to change the one function that does the blitting).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil:

Wow! Impressive what you are able to do here! Really great! What I'm wondering about is the blitting mechanism you mentioned! Since the speed on 68060@MHz with CVPPC in 640x480 was quite playable enough. But when blitting always the entire screen shouldn't this be really slow?

The second point is the GFX scrambling on Peg2 with Radeon 9200 which does not happen on A4000 with CVPPC. When blitting the way you told what can cause these scramblings on Peg2?

Best Regards

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Reth
Quote:

The second point is the GFX scrambling on Peg2 with Radeon 9200 which does not happen on A4000 with CVPPC. When blitting the way you told what can cause these scramblings on Peg2?

Af far as i remember, game are 8bit ? If so, maybe there is just some differneces in 8bit modes for cvpcc and radeons drivers. Or maybe there is just some bug in the rtgmaster.library which happens on os4 only, and not on os3.

From other side, as far as i remember, i play in napalm on my voodoo3/mediator/a1200 back in the time, and imho voodoo3 drivers and radeon drivers should't have such big differences which will results as scrambling display.

And as i understand, scrabling display happens not only on peg2, but also on sams and a1. Will be interesting if someone can test Napalm on a1200/a4000 with latest aos4. Just to collect the bugs and problems.

@alkfil
Btw, as far as i remember, someone made an audio.device for aos4 which works through ahi some time ago, but can't be sure on 100%

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
But when blitting always the entire screen shouldn't this be really slow?

Actually for a 640x480 screen this should be quite fast. The thing that slows down is, that the actual game rendering (to the render buffer, which is then blitted to the screen) is entirely CPU based. On my 68040 25 MHz machine, the game is almmost unplayably slow in 640x480 mode. This should be no problem however on a newer machine.

Quote:

Obviously there is some problem with 8bit CHUNKY screenmodes in rtgmaster.library on sam/peg2/aone. When using graphics.library function WritePixelArray8() everything works just fine.

I have managed to redirect every rtgmaster call to intuition and graphics libraries, and it quite effectively solves the problem with scrambled graphics. It wasn't that hard to do, since the rtmaster calls resembles the equivalent system calls quite closely. Now all that is left to do is sound and mouse/keyboard input. Oh and network also.

Edited by alfkil on 2011/7/23 17:56:24
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is awsome news.

Talos BlackBird (awaiting a Miggy like OS)
Amiga 4000 OS3.9 / Pegasos II OS4.1 FE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil:
This is marvellous! But the things like mouse/keyboard/sound will be quite hard I imagine!

What about this network stuff? Is this code already included?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alkfil
Quote:

I have managed to redirect every rtgmaster call to intuition and graphics libraries, and it quite effectively solves the problem with scrambled graphics. It wasn't that hard to do, since the rtmaster calls resembles the equivalent system calls quite closely. Now all that is left to do is sound and mouse/keyboard input. Oh and network also.

Woah ! That is just awesome ! Keep away from rtgmaster.library and redirect all to intuition/graphics are not fix, but update !

Really, i was not expect that someone will do path for Napalm anyday, but seeing how good you progress with all of this, i am almost sure you will done with it :)

ps. if you need testers with peg2, i am yours :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

Wow, who are you? You came out of knowwhere (to me) and first you ported QT and now you're fixing Napalm :-O . That's really impressive!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 14 »