Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 135

salass00, Kamelito, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 »
Re: NetSurf development builds (now with added Javascript)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

There is no more the "search web" functionality into the menu of the latest nighly builds ?
Please can you enable it again ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79

I haven't changed anything... what's missing, exactly, as there never has been a web search option in the menu?

CI#3262 here is all present and correct.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

I'm using the CI#3263 and i have only the "copy" option

But for sure this option was availible before, after a text selection it was possible to click on it in order to search the selected term with Google or with another sites
However it's no more now since you changed the internal menus ...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
With all of the talk about javascript in Odyssey, I was wondering if and when Duktape will be used in the AmigaOS version of Netsurf? Won't it need to be ported from x86?

Edit: I just found a snippet of AmigaOS Netsurf code on Google showing javascript/duktape/duktape.

Edited by interrogative on 2016/1/14 15:27:27
Sold the SAM460ex lite... waiting for money for X5000 or A1222 and OS 4.2
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Same with 3230. No such option in the right click menu.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@samo79
Ah, in the context menu, OK.

@interrogative
It already is since some time.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Please can everybody test the latest CI builds and let me know immediately if there are any critical bugs. We're doing a quick v3.5 bugfix release.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Now using the Dev CI#3433
.. and seems good

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

I'm not experiencing any problems but I'd like to say that the Preferences window cries for re-arrangement. There are too many tabs and the window has grown too wide. I think you'll have to introduce sub-tabs to keep things in shape. (I've done something like this in the AmigaAMP Prefs; see how the "GUI" tab is organised there.)

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

#3433 here

Why can't we select the text when this text is a link?
As an example on this website, I cannot select the string "User profile" on the menu on the left.
I would like to control how things go, not let the program dictate what I can copy or not.

Also, right now if I left click on no text (i.e on a blank area), I can move the page up or down.
I suggest to remove this from the left click. I can move the page using the middle click. It's enough IMO.
Right now, I used left click to move the page around. Sometimes it worked (I clicked on nothing), sometimes it didn't (the mouse pointer was on a text area). It's error prone and annoying.

Could you make the About window a bit more interesting?
There could be clickable links to the website, Mantis and the Amiga nightly builds.

Or even better for the updates, can they be downloaded automatically?

BTW the favicon of the search engine never displayed in Netsurf. I have a blank square. The button works when I click on it, the menu appears with all search engines but there is no image in the button.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Chris
Trying here the CI #3433. It works just fine here on my systems. The only issue I saw is that when you have the hotlist window open and transfer a link to the "Hotlist Menu" this link is not visible at Hotlist menu. You need to close NuetSurf to make it available. But if you add it at the "Hotlist toolbar" it show up just fine.

Thank you for your great work.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@walkero

Quote:

Trying here the CI #3433. It works just fine here on my systems. The only issue I saw is that when you have the hotlist window open and transfer a link to the "Hotlist Menu" this link is not visible at Hotlist menu. You need to close NuetSurf to make it available. But if you add it at the "Hotlist toolbar" it show up just fine.

Unfortunately I has to remove the auto-update of the hotlist menu because it was causing Intuition to get upset and I can't figure out why. When I get around to re-writing the menu code to use menuclass this will be fixed.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Elwood

Quote:
Why can't we select the text when this text is a link?
As an example on this website, I cannot select the string "User profile" on the menu on the left.
I would like to control how things go, not let the program dictate what I can copy or not.

That's a core "feature". Raise it on the bugtracker if you want to see it fixed.

Quote:

Also, right now if I left click on no text (i.e on a blank area), I can move the page up or down.
I suggest to remove this from the left click. I can move the page using the middle click. It's enough IMO.
Right now, I used left click to move the page around. Sometimes it worked (I clicked on nothing), sometimes it didn't (the mouse pointer was on a text area). It's error prone and annoying.

Left button only does page dragging if there's no other action available.

Quote:

Could you make the About window a bit more interesting?
There could be clickable links to the website, Mantis and the Amiga nightly builds.

That's been on my todo list for ages.

Quote:

Or even better for the updates, can they be downloaded automatically?

Unlikely to happen. New releases are updated through Amiupdate. Dev builds should only be updated manually by somebody who knows what they are doing. Certain builds may be completely broken. It really doesn't want to be auto-updating.

Quote:

BTW the favicon of the search engine never displayed in Netsurf. I have a blank square. The button works when I click on it, the menu appears with all search engines but there is no image in the button.

Which search engine are you using? Which OS version?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

#3433 working fine here

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Unfortunatly since 3.4 I've been having random freezes and my quicklinks fonts are not coexisting with the actual buttons as their size is not changing fo fit the quicklinks strings. The freezes might have something to do with a heavy load condition (cpu at max) or maybe a certain commodity eventhough I've been using the common ones.

Edit: Well, it seems Netsurf really hates Autobordersize. After disabling it the many freezes stop while a freeze could still happen in relation to a heavy load condition that might have something to do with Javascript enables, however a freeze did happen on the Amiga sites which doesn't relly on Java.

Another thing is that Netsurf behaves weird if something temoprarily is wrong with the internet connection as might happen during the day on some days.

Edited by Srtest on 2016/3/5 17:54:40
Edited by Srtest on 2016/3/5 17:57:03
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Srtest

I can't see a problem with AutoBorderSize here, and I don't see why it would cause problems. There is a NetSurf option to resize with contents, if that's enabled sometimes it can overwrite window borders, so if you've enabled that try disabling it.

Quote:
my quicklinks fonts are not coexisting with the actual buttons as their size is not changing fo fit the quicklinks strings.

I don't understand what you mean here. I did change the hotlist toolbar to include the favicon, and as a consequence NetSurf now renders the text rather than the speedbutton - so you get default screen text truncated at 30 characters. I'm not sure if the speedbutton did anything fancier.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Using latest build without even noticing there is a setting called "resize with contents" and can reproduce the AutoBorderSize conflict.

I can give some spaces after the words of the quicklinks (speedbutton) and then there is some adjustment of the button to accomodate. Otherwise it cuts the end of the words that are longer than 5 characters. I'm using a different theme than the OS4.1FE default then there might be some conflict here too.

Edit:
Yet another thing seems to be related to it not liking ResetWB very much and also it changes the color of the font on the menus to a different one then the what the OS uses so the backgroung color I choose for non popup menus is bad when used in the Netsurf menus.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Srtest

Quote:

I can give some spaces after the words of the quicklinks (speedbutton) and then there is some adjustment of the button to accomodate. Otherwise it cuts the end of the words that are longer than 5 characters.

OK, weird. It should truncate at 20 characters (not 30 as I said earlier).

Quote:

I'm using a different theme than the OS4.1FE default then there might be some conflict here too.

OK, that's most likely why you're seeing these problems and I'm not.
Can you try to reproduce them with the default theme?
Which theme are you using?

Quote:

Edit:
Yet another thing seems to be related to it not liking ResetWB very much and also it changes the color of the font on the menus to a different one then the what the OS uses so the backgroung color I choose for non popup menus is bad when used in the Netsurf menus.

The normal menus are created using label.image, so it doesn't necessarily use the same colours as the normal menus. However it uses the drawinfo from the screen same as everything else so the pens ought to be sensible...

Does it only change the colours if you use ResetWB? That suggests they've not been locked in Palette Prefs.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

"Does it only change the colours if you use ResetWB?"

=> No no no the fact that ResetWB causes some instability (not just with Netsurf but with the os entirely when NS is more sensitive and after ResetWB it can hasten a random freeze which happena when NS is open), is not related from what I've tested to difference in the chosen color for os menu as opposed to NS menu color.

"Which theme are you using?"

=> "Silverback" from os4depot. With the default theme it still cuts the words. I have enlarged the relevent font on the os and NS did not compensate for the larger font which results in a "longer" word and that is regardless of theme.

Using AutoBorderSize makes the freezes appear every few minutes. Not using it the freezes appear every couple of hours or so and when not doing any browsing besides the common Amiga sites which I think means very little to no Java. I guess also that each browsing or os session in itself are not a couple hours and I do close the browser or reset (cold/warm) the os. So it maybe more frequent than that.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Srtest

Quote:
=> No no no the fact that ResetWB causes some instability (not just with Netsurf but with the os entirely

It sounds like you have bigger problems. I suggest you figure out why ResetWB is causing instability generally, as there's no way that should cause any problems.

I'll see if I can do something with the hotlist toolbar.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 »