Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

rwo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 »
Re: Qt Native News
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkill
Is QT enough mature for smby to port LibreOffice? Do you think it would be hard to port it? I really would like to donate money for such bounty. I hope you get your machine repaired so you could get back in business again

Resized Image

Resized Image

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled
I think that LibreOffice has a lot of other dependancies than just Qt, and anyway it is better to try porting smaller Qt apps before tackling larger Qt apps.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have LibreOffice right here in Ubuntu, and it is a nice tool for sure. Actually I didn't know, that it is built with Qt?? When I get my Sam back, I will take a look and try to determine how much work would be involved. Thanks for the pointer!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

I will take a look at qPutty as well!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
OOoLight uses whatever you want as a GUI framework so that can be Qt if you want.
And it doesn't need Java

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
alfkil: i hope qputty runs smoothly, then we'd have a reason to start using daily. =)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
When will you have your sam back?

Quote:
I have LibreOffice right here in Ubuntu, and it is a nice tool for sure. Actually I didn't know, that it is built with Qt?? When I get my Sam back, I will take a look and try to determine how much work would be involved. Thanks for the pointer!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joeled

It was sent yesterday from Italy, so a few days more, I will be back on track.

In the meantime, I have been doing some Qt development on my Ubuntu laptop. Uh and yes, today I installed OS4.1 Classic on my good old faithful A1200 with my newly upgraded 330MHz-603/60MHz-060 BPPC card... Thanks to stachu100 for doing the upgrade!!

(http://youtu.be/DjwopMdtGmE)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Alfk: glad to hear that!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sounds great! What have you been working on?

Quote:
In the meantime, I have been doing some Qt development on my Ubuntu laptop.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
KOffice would be a better choice. Fewer dependencies and it uses QT anyway.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes lets hope alfkill give us some good news when he gets his sam back

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Good new: Got my sam back today. Bad news: My HD has gone awry, and my system partition is no longer recognized... What to do..???

EDIT: Booting from the OS4.1.1 CD works, and I can see, that my Work partition is still readable. Very weird, I have only taken the HD and put it directly in the closet before shipping the system...

EDIT EDIT: In Media Toolbox I can see, that the filesystem for DH0 and DH1 is DOS/07. Could it be that my system partition is SFS and therefore is not recognized? If so, would it be safe to try and switch it in media toolbox without loosing the (maybe) data, that might still be there??

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alkfil
You of course already backup your Work: partion for now ?:) That will be really scarry if you will plays with all of this without backup :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Of course I backed up my system before shipping, but I might just do it again now to be on the safe side! Thanks for the pointer .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
I just remember how back in the past few good projects dead, when author's hdds on their old a1200 die, and they scream and cry while bet by hammers their amigas :)

About unrecognized system: partition - its non visibly even if you boot from CD ? Or it visibly, just can't boot ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

It is not recognized, eg. the icon says "DH1: Uninitialized" with a stopping hand on it.

Just a thought: Does "DiskSalv" exist for OS4.1??

I'm only asking because the one thing i DIDN't back up was my system partition... :-/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
Uh and yes, today I installed OS4.1 Classic on my good old faithful A1200 with my newly upgraded 330MHz-603/60MHz-060 BPPC card... Thanks to stachu100 for doing the upgrade!!

(http://youtu.be/DjwopMdtGmE)

Neat! Any compatibility or heat issues? Did it need a bigger fan than original? I wonder what's the best my CSPPC could do. :) (It's only a 200)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Nope, it runs smooth as a baby's bum . I just played a nice game of Wipeout on it, and it rocks hard!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
alfkil wrote:

It is not recognized, eg. the icon says "DH1: Uninitialized" with a stopping hand on it.

Just a thought: Does "DiskSalv" exist for OS4.1??
No, but DiskSalv is probably not what you want anyway. It wouldn't know about the current FFS reimplementation and DOS\7 etc.

But maybe you could try firing up Utilities/PartitionWizard (from the CD) and see if it can make any sense of your DH1:.

Quote:
I'm only asking because the one thing i DIDN't back up was my system partition... :-/
Ahem ... I'm assuming this is because you decided that you had very little other than the virgin install on it? If so, you should probably just reformat, reinstall and be done with it.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 »