Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 40 »
Re: Beta testing
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

Designer problem: What exactly are you doing? Opening a certain .ui file in designer? How can I reproduce the problem? Can you maybe send me the involved .ui file?

moc issue: Well, I have tried installing Qt (current release) from scratch on my Sam, and I don't experience any problems with the moc exe. Could be filesystem related. What file system(s) are you using? About the scythia build issue, there should never be any reason to build moc other than possible changes in Qt header files. Have you by any chance (by accident or otherwise) edited any Qt headers?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

Quote:
Edit: Crap.. more problems. This might not be related to QT but i often get this problem when dealing with .so files.
Some links in my SDK that are wrong/non-existant perhaps?

Does scythia use qmake? This problem is very odd, since those libs should be added automatically by qmake. You should be able to see what libs are included in qt:mkspecs/g++-amigaosnative/qmake.conf. This could be related to you missing the .qmake.cache file, which would probably mean, that it believes it is a unix, and hence loads the wrong conf file. Good advice: When in doubt, try running qmake again before proceeding with the build.

EDIT:
Quote:
My previous moc related probs seems to be due me having run qmake with an old install of qt. If i run it again the moc problems seems gone.

Ah, that was a relief :).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

{quote]When i was in the project dir i had to type cmake "" for it to understand where the project was, maybe that can be made more elegant so that we only have to type "cmake"?[/quote]

Well, the "correct" way to use cmake is to do this:

cd <whereever the CMakeLists.txt file is located>
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
gmake

That way your main directory tree is not cluttered with autogenerated files, and it also gives the advantage of enabling you to have more than one independent build directory (could be useful if you want to make a debug version and a release version at the same time).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP
Quote:
btw, regardig MOC, i spoke too soon.
i still have to edit it out of the makefiles.

Damn... Does this happen when you qmake/gmake one of the example apps?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lio (and everyone else who gets these crashes)
Quote:

but the about menu is also crashing on me though !

Stack! Stack! Stack! Is the only sensible explanation. This happens because the about window goes into a sub-eventloop, and hence expands the stack by numerous bytes. Do this exactly:

(Open shell window)
cd <wherever the app is located>
stack 2000000 (0 x 6!)
<appname> (make sure NOT to type 'run' before that!)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

Network: All the included network examples + webkit works, so something is off somewhere. Could be related to the strange build issues you are seeing. Could you send me (prefarably by email) an example of a network related app that fails to find traffic?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
alfkil, i sent you an email with a failing network app. i hope you can find out what's wrong.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i looked in qmake.conf now, and all libs seem to be in it, but the only ones that are included in ALL qmake projects i have built are:

-L/qt/lib -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lQtCore

I have to manually edit the makefile and add:
-lfreetype -lfontconfig -lexpat -lpthread -liconv -lz -lintl -ldl -lunix -lcrypto -lssl

... to be able to link the projects.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
about scythia, you where right! it just linked! thanks!
i don't have much luck connecting to anything though.

i see a lot of translations for it to in a translations/ dir.. but it only picks up the default french language, do i have to do something extra for it to build the language files perhaps?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris / siberia

I just installed Siberia on Windows XP, cannot get a calendar either... while installing it also asks me for my prefered language. I put in german, which then launches a german install procedure. The programm itself is spanish. And I cannot see any place to set it to english or german.
I cannot figure out, how to get a google calendar either on the windows version. So I guess it will be the same on the AOS4 Version. Next I'll try OS4 Version... stay tuned, and thanks.

regards Gero

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

On translations: You should see some .ts files. They contain human readable text, that can be translated into .qm files, that can be loaded by the QTranslator class. In order to convert you need to use the linguist toolchain (lconvert, lrelease and lupdate). .qm files can also be loaded as resources (rcc). You can read about the whole thing here:

translation howto

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris
Siberia is working as well on OS4 as on Win. Thanx. However Calendar and Language issue still remains, which makes it unuseable up to now.

@alfkil
Did not try new version of Qt upto now, but compared to last version it is really really fast on my X1000 (guess it is also usable on a SAM440). Very well done! A few issues though:

1) Always have to start a qt program, waiting for "missing blabla.so" alert. Enter "assign SOBJS: qt:lib ADD" into a shell... and it runs. Seems the assign inside user-startup doesn't do its job like it is supposed to.
2) as I always have "missing opengl" message, I switched to "native painting". Guess I have to wait for Warp3D on X1000?
3) Inside dropdown cycle gadgets/comboboxes I cannot grab scrollbar and scroll...

Really great work!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@gerograph

About "missing blabla": Insert this line in your s:user-startup:

assign sobjs: sys:sobjs

...just before the qt:lib assign. I accidentally removed this line from the install script. Will be fixed in 0.9.1.

OpenGL: No support for gl on RadeonHD for now. I should probably have made native painting standard. Will be fixed in next release.

Missing scroll: Seems to work in some places but not in others. Very strange. Try comparing demos/embeddeddialogs with demos/textedit (first works, second doesn't). Will look into it.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@spotUP

You can add:
SUBLIBS = -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lexpat -lpthread -liconv -lz -lintl -ldl -lunix -lcrypto -lssl

to the Makefile, that's what is missing I think - it references SUBLIBS but the line isn't present!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Gerograph and Samo79 : I have recompiled qOrganizer and Qbriscola.

I have to test more before to upload on OS4Depot.
Do you want that I send that to you ?

http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Qt/QBriscola.jpg

http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Qt/qOrganizer.jpg

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
You can send it to me :)

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

I'm having a problem building the animation/animatedtiles program. I get the following errors after I do a qmake then gmake:

4> gmake
ppc-amigaos-c++ -use-dynld -Wl,--export-dynamic -o animatedtiles .obj/release-shared/main.o .obj/release-shared/qrc_animatedtiles.o -L/qt/lib -lQtGui -L/qt/lib -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lexpat -lQtCore -lpthread -liconv -lz -lm -lintl -ldl -lunix
ld: warning: libz.so.1, needed by /qt/lib/libQtGui.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
.obj/release-shared/main.o: In function `Button::mousePressEvent(QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent*)':
main.cpp:(.text._ZN6Button15mousePressEventEP24QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent[_ZN6Button15mousePressEventEP24QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent]+0x12): undefined reference to `Button::pressed()'
main.cpp:(.text._ZN6Button15mousePressEventEP24QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent[_ZN6Button15mousePressEventEP24QGraphicsSceneMouseEvent]+0x16): undefined reference to `Button::pressed()'
gmake: *** [animatedtiles] Error 1

Do I need to add a parameter to the makefile (-rpath-link) or something? I tried copying the libz.so.1 file from my SYS:sobjs directory to the QT-4.7 (/bin I think)...to no avail.
Can you help?

Thank you!

Scott

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

Sure, fell free to send me all

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Just for fun, Hexglass, a nice looking tetris like (yes, another one ;) ) is in upload queue of OS4Depot.

Very easy and magic !

Yes Samir and Thomas, I send you all this evening.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Scott

Button::pressed() should be defined in main.moc. Try see, if the build process has actually built and included that file. If it has, try and take a look inside.

Also, sometimes it is a good idea to clean up before trying a build. Try deleting all the autogenerated directories, moc files and the makefile and then try again. You might be able to do that by simply typing "gmake clean".

Hope that helps :).

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 40 »