Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

It has full support. Of course features added to WebKit after OWB development was stopped by Sand-Labs/Pleyo can't work.

It crashes on security websocket's tests with DSI/nullpointer (while should't) as well as html5test.com says your version have "partial" support (but that can be of course because of webkit in your owb which are years old, but crashes on security checks are bad for sure): while for odyssey, html5test says it have full websockets support, and didn't crashes on secutrity websockets (but security ones also didn't works anyway, just pure disconnect, but that still better than crash, of course).

@Fab
Do you have any problems if i will just rename "owb" binary to "odyssey" so joerg be happy and can help with websockets fix ? I mean, will it stop factor for you to continue share sources if i will do so, or you have no problems with ? I just do not want to loose my time (and have no big interest in general) to fix myself that websockets crap, while joerg know the solution and just do not want to say how to fix it because of that boring moment about arexx port (which for me, does not matter at all, i even can call it omiga1200.exe).

At least for me, i see no reassons why Joerg worry at all about name clashes, if he didn't update his owb for years and never will. Just sounds a bit strange imho to worry about no-more-in-developer-version. But , if pure rename will bring us websocket's fix , them i have no problems myself to rename it, if you (fab), have no problems with it too, and that will be no stop factor to share sources of next versions.

Of course i can keep it as it, and fix it myself, but that will take more time, besides if joerg already know how to fix it and his version prove that he make it works.

Btw, i even yesterday tried to start build mos version (to enable debug in websockets and to see differences, and so can get what wrong and how it should looks like), and (of course it was expected) start to meet with problems with morphos cross-compiler, which i didn't have with aos4 cross compiler : i.e. cmake by some reassons fail to found ppc-morphos-g++, while, i can run it from shell and make binaries fine, and i even see that cmake-test also compile binary fine, but still says that can't find compiler. I will happy skip all that boring crap if pure renameing of "owb" to "odyssey" will give us necessary code changes to have working websockets.

EDIT: Only today found that on cygwin, i need for morphos use exactly ppc-morphos-gcc-4.4.5.exe and ppc-morphos-g++-4.4.5.exe (with .exe at end) in morphos.cmake, as for example pure ppc-morphos-g++/ppc-morphos-gcc or pure ppc-morphos-g++-4.4.5/ppc-morphos-gcc-4.4.5 make cmake fail. At least now it start compiles.

And to add to all bunch of problems, i found lately, that 1.23 from time to time crashes on Javascript in blockfree, when i exit from odyssey. Not offten, but from time to time. With 0xCCCCCCC too.

Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/22 14:03:55
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/22 14:07:40
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/22 14:08:09
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/22 14:29:15
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/22 14:29:31
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab

Aaah, thats what the shortcut is for

Thanks a lot, Fab, and thank you aswell for the ongoing support and development

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Do you have any problems if i will just rename "owb" binary to "odyssey"

I can't see any reason why you even need to ask fab about this? Ofcourse for politeness sake maybe, but you are making an AmigaOS 4 port of the program ans the reasons to change it are exactly the same as the reasons to keep it the same on morphos. ie that OS 4 is configured to use OWB for Joergs program by default. The supplied scripst can be easily fixed, changing a port name in a script is trivial.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Yes, he is asking out of courtesy. What you should be more focused on analyzing is why Joerg is acting that way when he was very well paid for a pretty crappy browser.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@magnetic,

That is a little unfair.
Software evolves, with later versions often making the first releases pale by comparison.
I remember using Joergs browser and finding it a delight compared to those that it replaced.
If we want Joergs contributions to resume, then referring to his work in such a derogatory way is a sure way to block that.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magnetic
It was good enough when Joerg works on it, and for example font handling done much better than in odyssey still (without usage of that fontconfig), and i even reuse in last ports of odyssey his work: native mouse pointers (in 1.9 already) and support of locales and threaded curl (in 1.16 and now in 1.23 too). Sure i also wish that he didn't act like that just because of that arexx thing, but from another side he spend lots of time on, and want to protect it all somehow to avoid side effects. I even hope he someday will add new webkit code to it, and add (at last) download manager , and will not say owb is not browsers, as users do not care about how it call and what is it, they just want modern webkit core + gui at top of it. But, i assume it will not happens as he have no time/motivation for, imho.

@all
Start some debugging by printing stuff in platformsend():

long socket;

CURLcode result curl_easy_getinfo(m_curlHandleCURLINFO_LASTSOCKET, &socket);

ASSERT_UNUSED(resultresult == CURLE_OK);

ssize_t lengthSend = ::send(socket, (UBYTE *)datalength0);

D(kprintf("platformSend lengthSend = %d\n"lengthSend));

D(kprintf("platformSend length = %d\n"length));    

if (
lengthSend 0) {

D(kprintf("platformSend Error sending: %s\n",strerror(errno)));

D(kprintf("1 m_client %p\n"m_client));
    if(
m_clientm_client->didFailSocketStream(thisSocketStreamError(errno));

platformClose();
        return 
0;
    }

And when we do connect on websocket.org that what we have:

Quote:

platformSend 0x6319F0F0
platformSend lengthSend = -1
platformSend length = 665
platformSend Error sending: Bad file number

So "::send" fail to send, and errno says "bad file number", which can mean invalid descriptor or so i assume (as there is no file at all, we just send data to).

Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/25 10:06:14
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@magnetic

That "crappy browser" is still my main web browser (combined with OWBUtilities tool set), that does more or less everything I need. It's fast, rather light weighted and still has the best font rendering from all available alternatives.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e,
many years are passed from my c++ programming days,
but in your file BCSocketStreamHandleBaseWK.cpp I cannot
see a send method with the parameters you are using in the call, the only send I see it's:
bool SocketStreamHandleBase::send(const char* data, int length)
which lack the first parameter, the socket, maybe it's
a define, but not having all the includes it's difficult to say and a code like this I think that cannot be compiled

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@pvanni
There is few more "send" in websocket files, but all of them have different set of params. And as i know nothing about c++ , i leave it for those skilled ppls who know it.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magnetic
You don't have ANY idea how much work Joerg put into (what was at the time) the most modern & standards-compliant Amiga web browser available. He was the first person to make a usable port of the WebKit engine on any Amiga-like platform, which was no small feat considering the size & complexity of the source code.

It is a real shame that he only ever saw OWB as a "stop gap" solution, until someone ported a 'real' (fully featured) web browser to AmigaOS4, but that's his perogative.

Any monies sent to him were gifts to thank him for all the work he had done. I myself sent him a fairly sizable donation shortly before he announced stopping work on OWB.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@pvanni
Basically as i read, "::function" in c++ , mean to call function outside of any namespaces, so in our case i assume it call socket's one (imho done like this just to be 100 sure that socket's one are called). There just few sends in some classes in webcore, so they do it like this only for send() and not for recv() for example.

But now question is why it fail and why lengthSend = -1. Just like socket descriptor wrong or kind.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Which it's the value of socket after the curl_easy_getinfo call?
All send that i can find in internet has the first parameter "int" but curl_easy_getinfo take a pointer to long,
but it doesnt compile without an explicit cast, so probabily
I havent found the right send() over the net.
From the libcurl documentation if I understand right
curl_easy_getinfo return CURLE_OK if the call was successful
but socket can be -1 if it's no longer valid

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

He was the first person to make a usable port of the WebKit engine on any Amiga-like platform, which was no small feat considering the size & complexity of the source code.

No, he wasn't... Marcik brought WebKit to an amiga-like platform years before that, and with a usable GUI, too. And it was much more work at that time, because there weren't SDL or Cairo backends that made WebKit so easy to port.

@kas1e

I won't even comment on Joerg's nonsense about malware and naming. You can rename if you want, but you're on your own if you have issues later with software depending on that, because i'll keep OWB on my side.

And about your actual issue, it's rather suspicious send() fails if connect() really succeeded. All this happens in main thread context, so unless the socket was already closed before or that the socket descriptor value got changed, i fail to see how it could happen. Maybe your CURL port has an impact on that somehow, though, to be checked.

Anyway, you can askJoerg now, i'm sure he will help. :) But just for your information, since June 2010 (i.e the WebKit revision OWB Reaction is based on), WebKit got more than 100000 revisions. There were *many* API changes in backends as well.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Quote:

Maybe your CURL port has an impact on that somehow, though, to be checked.

All i do with curl port, its only add to it changes realted to URI you send me years ago (that file.c), and to make threaded resolver works add for each get_host_byname opening of new instanse of bsdsocket.library. And that change related to ssl cert to have PROGDIR: for. And that all.

There my configure line:

Quote:

./configure --build=i686-pc-cygwin --host=ppc-amigaos --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-dependency-tracking --enable-threaded-resolver \
--disable-ntlm-wb --disable-ipv6 --disable-debug --disable-curldebug --without-random LIBS=-lpthread --with-ca-bundle=PROGDIR\:curl-ca-bundle.crt

Should i enable/disable something else maybe ?

But as i say, curl binary which i build from that library, works fine with websockets.

Quote:

And about your actual issue, it's rather suspicious send() fails if connect() really succeeded. All this happens in main thread context, so unless the socket was already closed before or that the socket descriptor value got changed, i fail to see how it could happen. Maybe your CURL port has an impact on that somehow, though, to be checked.

Yes, its clear now that send() fail, and seems because of "bad socket".

I go further and add more debug, my current whole platformsend():

int SocketStreamHandle::platformSend(const chardataint length)
{

D(kprintf("platformSend %p\n"this));

LOG(Network"SocketStreamHandle %p platformSend"this);
    if (!
m_curlHandle)
        return 
0;

RefPtr<SocketStreamHandleprotect(this);

long socket;

D(kprintf("platformSend socket before curl_easy_getinfo = %08x\n"socket));

D(kprintf("platformSend data before curl_easy_getinfo =  [%s]\n"data));

CURLcode result curl_easy_getinfo(m_curlHandleCURLINFO_LASTSOCKET, &socket);

D(kprintf("platformSend socket after curl_easy_getinfo = %08x\n"socket));

D(kprintf("platformSend data after curl_easy_getinfo =  [%s]\n"data));    

D(kprintf("platformSend curl_easy_getinfo result ='%s'\n"curl_easy_strerror(result)));

ASSERT_UNUSED(resultresult == CURLE_OK);

ssize_t lengthSend = ::send(socket, (UBYTE *)datalength0);

D(kprintf("platformSend lengthSend = %d\n"lengthSend));

D(kprintf("platformSend length = %d\n"length));    

if (
lengthSend 0) {

D(kprintf("platformSend Error sending: %s\n",strerror(errno)));

D(kprintf("1 m_client %p\n"m_client));
    if(
m_clientm_client->didFailSocketStream(thisSocketStreamError(errno));

platformClose();
        return 
0;
    }

// FIXME: Should we check for overflow here?

return lengthSend;
}

Now, once i go to webkit.org/echo.html and press connect that what we have:

Quote:

WebSocket 0x633EE190 connect() url='ws://echo.websocket.org?encoding=text'
WebSocketChannel 0x62F54510 connect()
SocketStreamHandle 0x633ED5F8 client 0x62F54510
createConnection 0x6339B440
didOpenCallback 0x633ED5F8 client 0x62F54510
WebSocketChannel 0x62F54510 didOpenSocketStream()

platformSend 0x633ED5F8

platformSend socket before curl_easy_getinfo = 633EE870

platformSend data before curl_easy_getinfo = [GET /?encoding=text HTTP/1.1
Upgrade: websocket
Connection: Upgrade
Host: echo.websocket.org
Origin: http://www.websocket.org
Cookie: __utma=9925811.1136833012.1392839942.1393363850.1393375416.11; __utmb=9925811.3.10.1393375416; __utmc=9925811; __utmz=9925811.1392859718.4.3.utmcsr=websocket.org|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/echo.html
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Sec-WebSocket-Key: WVlxgytleCcgTf6npH8www==
Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13
Sec-WebSocket-Extensions: x-webkit-deflate-frame
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Amiga; PowerPC AmigaOS 4.1; Odyssey Web Browser; rv:1.23) AppleWebKit/538.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) OWB/1.23 Safari/538.1

]

platformSend socket after curl_easy_getinfo = 0000000F

platformSend data after curl_easy_getinfo = [GET /?encoding=text HTTP/1.1
Upgrade: websocket
Connection: Upgrade
Host: echo.websocket.org
Origin: http://www.websocket.org
Cookie: __utma=9925811.1136833012.1392839942.1393363850.1393375416.11; __utmb=9925811.3.10.1393375416; __utmc=9925811; __utmz=9925811.1392859718.4.3.utmcsr=websocket.org|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/echo.html
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Sec-WebSocket-Key: WVlxgytleCcgTf6npH8www==
Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13
Sec-WebSocket-Extensions: x-webkit-deflate-frame
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Amiga; PowerPC AmigaOS 4.1; Odyssey Web Browser; rv:1.23) AppleWebKit/538.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) OWB/1.23 Safari/538.1

]

platformSend curl_easy_getinfo result ='No error'
platformSend lengthSend = -1
platformSend length = 665
platformSend Error sending: Bad file number

1 m_client 0x62F54510
WebSocketChannel 0x62F54510 didFailSocketStream()
platformClose 0x633ED5F8 0x6339B440
closeConnection 0x6339B440
WebSocketChannel 0x62F54510 didCloseSocketStream()
WebSocket 0x633EE190 didClose()
WebSocketChannel 0x62F54510 disconnect()
platformClose 0x633ED5F8 0x00000000
closeConnection 0x00000000
~SocketStreamHandle 0x633ED5F8
closeConnection 0x00000000

So, as far as i can see, "data" ok before and after (so we pass it ok). Length is ok too. curl_easy_getinfo also says no error (but as google says: The curl_easy_getinfo processing for CURLINFO_LASTSOCKET returns the last socket without regard to its current status, so our socket can be closed already or kind).

And in end of all, with what we now its that socket is bugged. I.e. that one, to which we trying to send are wrong one. We connects , prepare everything to send, and then send just fail with "bad file number" which again can mean bad socket handle (or right one, just closed already by some reasons).

Its like error in the whole logic, and just looks like socket is closed somewhere somehow before. And curl_easy_getinfo didn't fail, as "socket without regard to its current status". And socket's handles also looks ok too.

@pvanni
Quote:

From the libcurl documentation if I understand right
curl_easy_getinfo return CURLE_OK if the call was successful
but socket can be -1 if it's no longer valid

Google says that "The curl_easy_getinfo processing for CURLINFO_LASTSOCKET returns the last socket without regard to its current status", so socket can be bad already, just last one, curl_easy_getinfo didn't check if it open and still valid as i see

Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/25 11:47:54
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/25 12:26:28
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/25 12:27:57
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/25 12:28:45
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
I also do check from where first connect come and found that in websockets.cpp there is such piece of code:

void WebSocket::connect(const Stringurl, const Vector<String>& protocolsExceptionCodeec)
{

kprintf("WebSocket %p connect() url='%s'\n"thisurl.utf8().data());

m_url KURL(KURL(), url); 

blbllbalabl...

m_channel ThreadableWebSocketChannel::create(scriptExecutionContext(), this); 

blblablba

That "ThreadableWebSocketChannel" can't be something which trash socket (and so we need still to open there ISocket on os4 always for each call to this?)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Unless the socket descriptor is trashed, the code probably calls newlib's send instead of the one from bsdsocket.library. You might want to call ISocket->send instead of ::send, just to make sure you are not calling the newlib one.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BSzili

Quote:
Unless the socket descriptor is trashed, the code probably calls newlib's send instead of the one from bsdsocket.library. You might want to call ISocket->send instead of ::send, just to make sure you are not calling the newlib one.
No, his bug is the other way round (using ISocket->send() instead of newlib send() because he is compiling with __USE_INLINE__), libcurl is using the C library sockets.
The reason for the bug is the same as for 90% of the bugs in his builds: He is simply trying to compile MorphOS code with -D__USE_INLINE__ instead of porting Odyssey to AmigaOS. In this case for example #ifdef __morphos__/#endif is missing around #include proto/socket.h.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@magnetic

Quote:
when he was very well paid for a pretty crappy browser.
I wasn't paid for the OWB port. If you think it was crappy you should have complained to sand-labs/pleyo, I always made it 100% clear that it's an AmigaOS port of OWB and that I wont implement a complete desktop browser around it.
If you didn't like that you could have done something else yourself with it, it's open source and the AmigaOS parts were on the OWB SVN (unlike for example the AROS ones).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Everyone

I think its just better if we just let past be the past here, it serves no one to start arguing about it again. I don't know who deserves a apology here, but many things where was said, that should not haven been said, and that I think include everyone including Joerg and Me.

I don't know if there is a lesson to be learned here or not, but maybe we should be more polite to word etch other, arguing about things, name calling and so on, never made things better.

@Joerg.

I know I tried.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/2/25 16:18:44
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Absolutely second, instead of working against each other, we should work together...

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 72 »