Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Markdown Editor / Viewer
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Quote:
Yeah I agree, like @kas1e mentioned too, that opening a new tab every time is a pain. Launch-Handler doesn't seem to offer the function to reload an existing tab if the url is already open. So any proposals that you have would be great!

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post. About the above, the ultimate solution would be to include, if even possible, a cut down version of netsurf inside the app. No buttons, urlbar, search bar etc.. Just the rendering part, which would be updated even on any change. Cris could elaborate on that, if it is even possible.

But, until then, I believe that if you add a way, as I proposed before, for the user to choose to use an ARexx script or even run a shell script, that might lead to interesting solutions.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

Quote:

The ultimate solution would be to include, if even possible, a cut down version of netsurf inside the app. No buttons, urlbar, search bar etc.. Just the rendering part, which would be updated even on any change. Cris could elaborate on that, if it is even possible.

Yup! That was the original reason that I used an HTMLview gadget in the UI. A render widget from either netsurf, odyssey, etc. would be awesome. The other option would be a HTML datatype that could support enough of the features I guess

billy

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
There is the datatype that comes with Enhancer (http://wiki.amiga.org/index.php?title=Enhancer_Software). I am not sure though if it is part of the enhancer core.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

That datatype is no good. It's designed for static data display, whereas billyfish needs something that can redisplay contents dynamically.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@billyfish

Tested latest version, better and better. But probably from design pov, the "settings" tab needs to be out to the pure RMB's menu with options "Setting" as it is done in all other programs all the time. IMHO, of course.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@billyfish
Quote:
So I've just uploaded a new version to os4depot, quite a few nice changes in there like a proper(!) toolbar and bits for generating tables, images, etc.

Just tried out version .8. It's coming along nicely. Keep up the good work!

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Thanks! Another new version is in the os4depot queue with the frankly much better name of "earmark" courtesy of trixie. As ever all feedback, including diatribes, are more than welcome.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@billyfish

Opened some files successfully. RMB quit option didn't work for me and toolbar is super wide on my setup (doesn't fit on the screen).

I have been editing some .md files by hand and this tool should be very useful :)

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@billyfish
earmark is getting better and better. Thank you for taking care my previous comments.

But I have a few more for the latest version 1.0

1. The convert button has the same shortcut like the Hyperlink. This triggers both. The menu item for Convert has the right shortcut
2. The table button bubble has a semicolon after the shortcut, instead of colon
3. The settings Save button, IMO should propose the default name that earmark wait to load, giving the user the option to change it, if he wants. Or there should be a tooltype where the user should set the default config file.
4. If you mark a line and you choose bold, italic, etc.. then the editor adds the necessary markdown characters. The problem is that if that line starts/ends with space, then the markdown is broken, because md4c includes that space, and the asterisks are staying as characters. To be more precise
**this is a broken bold linenot translated by md4c **
this is also a broken bold linenot translated by md4c**
this bold line works fine**

5. Why do you include {} on code block? This stays as character by md4c on preview. I never used it with code blocks, but I might be wrong to be honest.
6. Can the Save not work as "Save as...", showing the file requester? IMO, it should save over the file.
7. If I make changes on the file, that are not saved, it would be nice to have something at the window title that shows that this file was edited.

Thank you so much for the awesome work you are doing.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Capehill

Quote:

Opened some files successfully. RMB quit option didn't work for me and toolbar is super wide on my setup (doesn't fit on the screen).

Aaargh, well-spotted! Yup the quit menu item is currently "fake news", I'll fix that for the next release I'll look at how I can split the toolbar up into separate sections so that they can take up more rows to reduce the required width when the screen resolution isn't high enough.

Thanks for the feedback and bug reports, they all help

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

Again thanks for these, I'll get on them.

Quote:

3. The settings Save button, IMO should propose the default name that earmark wait to load, giving the user the option to change it, if he wants. Or there should be a tooltype where the user should set the default config file.

Yup, I'll add a default name and also get on adding a tooltype.

Quote:

4. If you mark a line and you choose bold, italic, etc.. then the editor adds the necessary markdown characters. The problem is that if that line starts/ends with space, then the markdown is broken, because md4c includes that space, and the asterisks are staying as characters. To be more precise
**this is a broken bold line, not translated by md4c **
** this is also a broken bold line, not translated by md4c**
**this bold line works fine**

Oooh that's a great spot! I'll get the code to trim any whitespace at either end of the selected text.

Quote:

5. Why do you include {} on code block? This stays as character by md4c on preview. I never used it with code blocks, but I might be wrong to be honest.

Ah yeah, the brackets aren't needed, I'm so used to typing bracketed code in these when I'm writing markdown I just did it by habit!

Quote:

6. Can the Save not work as "Save as...", showing the file requester? IMO, it should save over the file.

Yup! I'll add menu items too so you can have "Save" and "Save as..."

Quote:

7. If I make changes on the file, that are not saved, it would be nice to have something at the window title that shows that this file was edited.

Yeah another great idea! I'll add it in.

I emailed @Chris about whether it might be feasible to have a netsurf render gadget, unfortunately he doesn't think it's currently possible.

Unless Odyssey could be stripped down to just a render gadget (does that sound possible @kas1e), then it looks like the options are:

1. Arexx scripts for Odyssey, Netsurf, IBrowse, etc.
2. Tracking down and fixing the issues with HTMLview
3. Using the SimpleHTML datatype, @trixie, you didn't sound hopeful about this yeah? Does anyone know if it has a developer kit at all?

Thanks again George.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Version 1.1 is now in the os4depot upload queue which hopefully fixes all of these issues and adds a few more features. As ever feel to free to submit any bug reports, feature requests, general diatribes my way 🙂

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)