Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Strange TimberWolf font
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

It would be better if we had a native wrapper for fontconfig, which used the diskfont cache, although I'm not sure whether that is possible (never used fontconfig myself).

What would be better if those appliactions that insist on font config instead of native font system, actuaooy all used the same fontconfig data, I'm pretty sure on linux (where the darn thing comes from) there is only one font cache!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LyleHaze

Sure, you can blame it all on me, although it's caused by TW not looking in all the locations were the fonts can be located.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Valiant

I only asked because Score is my first experience coding for scalable fonts.. I try to follow the "rules" but sometimes I might miss details.

On the bright side, I am planning to partition and format a new primary drive for my AmigaOne, and after reading this thread I was reminded to create a partition specifically for TimberWolf. It's really easy to do when setting up the disk the first time. It's a bit tougher to go back and add it later.

And about the Score.ttf font.. after some issues with a "correct" font installation, newer versions of Score will offer to install the font any time it's not found. So at least nobody will get caught without it.

Glad you got it solved.
:)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Sorry ChrisH this is a forum, people have different opinions, and topic and subjects is about TimberWolf and bugs, so I really don't see how my comment can be off topic. I think your problem is that you don't like people to talk about bugs and problems.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/9/27 12:37:12
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)